New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Feb 14, 2013, 12:10 PM
Registered User
holco's Avatar
Jeti DC-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasrustler View Post
What radio are you using?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2013, 12:32 PM
Registered User
dasrustler's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by holco View Post
Jeti DC-16
I have only tried with Futaba. In the manual it says Futaba no reverse other radios reverse
Feb 14, 2013, 03:09 PM
Registered User
holco's Avatar
When I arm the motors will the trottle output go to 0 instead of the normally displayed 7 in the box real time servo position? (windows pc)
Feb 14, 2013, 03:30 PM
Registered User
dasrustler's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by holco View Post
When I arm the motors will the trottle output go to 0 instead of the normally displayed 7 in the box real time servo position? (windows pc)
It will be at 7
Feb 14, 2013, 07:31 PM
Registered User
holco's Avatar
Ok got is,

Found this on this long topic, is this still actual and the way to calibrate the ESC's?

1. Power on TX radio
2. Power on YS-X6 controller only. Don't power up your ESC/motor yet.
3. Put YS-X6 into "enable insurance". Confirm enable insurance.
4. Set TX Radio to full throttle.
5.Plug in power to ESC/Motor.
6.Once you hear sound from ESC/Motor put TX radio to minimum throttle.
7. You should hear esc beeping to confirm that throttle range calibration is successful. Restart power.

If that doesnt work, switch the order of step 3 with step 4.
Feb 15, 2013, 02:50 AM
Registered User
Holco just send you an pm on fpvforum give me a call I will talk you through.
Feb 15, 2013, 03:39 AM
Registered User
fajar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by holco View Post
Ok got is,

Found this on this long topic, is this still actual and the way to calibrate the ESC's?

1. Power on TX radio
2. Power on YS-X6 controller only. Don't power up your ESC/motor yet.
3. Put YS-X6 into "enable insurance". Confirm enable insurance.
4. Set TX Radio to full throttle.
5.Plug in power to ESC/Motor.
6.Once you hear sound from ESC/Motor put TX radio to minimum throttle.
7. You should hear esc beeping to confirm that throttle range calibration is successful. Restart power.

If that doesnt work, switch the order of step 3 with step 4.
Yes
Feb 15, 2013, 04:31 AM
Registered User
no sorry but that is wrong, you should also make sure you first init setup and are in settings state. That is the only way to get full throttle. For the rest procedure is right.
Feb 15, 2013, 07:21 AM
Registered User
holco's Avatar
Is there a way to reverse the trottle output from the YS-X6?

The problem I have is that the ESC's want to see a positive 100% signal for entering the calibration mode, but the YS-X6 give's a negative 100% signal at full throttle.
Feb 15, 2013, 11:12 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by holco View Post
Is there a way to reverse the trottle output from the YS-X6?

The problem I have is that the ESC's want to see a positive 100% signal for entering the calibration mode, but the YS-X6 give's a negative 100% signal at full throttle.
Surely reversing your throttle on your Tx will then mean that the signal is reversed to your ESC?

And unless you reverse all your channels as per the manual, you are not going to be able to arm the motors anyway.
Last edited by robone; Feb 15, 2013 at 11:22 AM.
Feb 15, 2013, 11:14 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwijnhov View Post
no sorry but that is wrong, you should also make sure you first init setup and are in settings state. That is the only way to get full throttle. For the rest procedure is right.
Agreed, you have to get into "Init Setup" and don't forget to quit setup when finished.
Feb 15, 2013, 12:14 PM
Registered User
holco's Avatar
Problem solved

I use opto ESC's and there is no power on the ESC output from the controller, one servo wire from the RX to the ext.1 output solved it.

Yes I know, in this config its not possible to use gimbal servo's without using an external bec, I don't need them so no problem.
Feb 15, 2013, 01:43 PM
Registered User
neato4u's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by holco View Post
Ok got is,

Found this on this long topic, is this still actual and the way to calibrate the ESC's?

1. Power on TX radio
2. Power on YS-X6 controller only. Don't power up your ESC/motor yet.
3. Put YS-X6 into "enable insurance". Confirm enable insurance.
4. Set TX Radio to full throttle.
5.Plug in power to ESC/Motor.
6.Once you hear sound from ESC/Motor put TX radio to minimum throttle.
7. You should hear esc beeping to confirm that throttle range calibration is successful. Restart power.

If that doesnt work, switch the order of step 3 with step 4.
Instead of 'enable insurance' - after powering up YS-X6 controller only - I unarm the motor using inverted V on my Tx, then full throttle (I've calibrated throttle using software before). Then only I power up esc/motor.

Just make sure you have your props off!

Oh yeah, one thing.. is there any light / LED indication if the motor is armed? I can't see this...
Can only see it on my Android / PC. Anyway to check if I don't have my phone with me?
Feb 16, 2013, 04:04 AM
Registered User
holco's Avatar

ESC's calibrating YS-X6


The way that works for us was/is,

1. Power on TX radio
2. Power on YS-X6 controller only (In my case I had to make an extra lipo Y cable because normally the red servo power plug is connected to the distribution power board and provide in this case also power to the ESC's and than the calibration will not work!!)
4. Make sure that you are in manual flight mode!! Make init setup actif (this will shut off the gyro's) and arm with TX sticks ( V or reversedV ) and set direct TX Radio to full throttle.
5.Plug in power to ESC/Motor.
6.Once you hear the sound from ESC/Motor that they are in program mode put TX radio to minimum throttle.
7. You should hear esc beeping to confirm that throttle range calibration is successful. Restart power.
8. When all ok, power off the system and remove the lipo Y cable.

Note,

With Opto ESC's you need to connect a 5V BEC on one of the Ext. outputs, when you don't use the Ext. outputs for servo's you can connect a servo wire from you RX to one of the Ext. outputs.
Last edited by holco; Feb 16, 2013 at 02:19 PM.
Feb 16, 2013, 07:51 AM
Registered User
neato4u's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by holco View Post
The way that works for us was/is,

1. Power on TX radio
2. Power on YS-X6 controller only (In my case I had to make an extra lipo Y cable because normally the red servo power plug is connected to the distribution power board and provide in this case also power to the ESC's and than the calibration will not work!!)
4. Make sure that you are in manual flight mode!! Arm with TX sticks ( V or reversedV ) and Set TX Radio to full throttle.
5.Plug in power to ESC/Motor.
6.Once you hear the sound from ESC/Motor that they are in program mode put TX radio to minimum throttle.
7. You should hear esc beeping to confirm that throttle range calibration is successful. Restart power.
8. When all ok, power off the system and remove the lipo Y cable.

Note,
In our case we didn't need to activate init setup, we watched the throttle servo signal on a oscilloscope and there is absolutely no deviation in the signal range with init setup on or off.

Its not clear for us what the function of this init setup is, on trottle it ain't doing anything??

Don't bother for a wifi connection you don't need it with the calibration.

With Opto ESC's you need to connect a 5V BEC on one of the Ext. outputs, when you don't use the Ext. outputs for servo's you can connect a servo wire from you RX to one of the Ext. outputs.
exactly what I did (but yours have detailed information)
Yeah I too am not sure what's the need for init setup or enable insurance.. I'm just guessing it will unarm the motors?
I tried this once and it swayed my camera gimbal to it's max position.. nearly got my gopro thrown out because of the sudden sway!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product DJI WooKong-M Autopilot System for multirotors **Owners Thread** DJI INNOVATIONS Multirotor Electronics 20296 Feb 08, 2017 11:22 PM
Discussion Zero UAV YS-X6 Owners Thread and Discussion fajar Multirotor Electronics 2428 Mar 23, 2016 03:52 AM
New Product Test video of YS-X6 Autopilot system pzhang Multirotor Talk 141 Jun 07, 2012 07:50 AM
Discussion Groupbuy for YS-X6 system fajar Australia 14 May 15, 2012 05:35 AM