Oct 11, 2012, 07:42 AM
RTF copters maker
Hi all
I don't know if it comes from same problem but my client had big crash today.
He was at 40m heigh on GPS HOLD and suddenly lost all power (no flip - just motors slow down) .
Battery was still 70% full after crash.
Any idea ?
Cheers
Maximus
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus-rc
Hi all
He was at 40m heigh on GPS HOLD and suddenly lost all power (no flip - just motors slow down) .
Any idea ?
Cheers
Maximus
Have a look at his data file and see what the data was showing just before the crash. If the Xekf Veld was higher than 20 then the white LED light must have been on. and if the GPS velx and y were also high then you know that there was a problem with the satellites. I am not sure if the altitude is determined off the GPS signal when it is in Position Hold mode, or from both the GPS and the barometer. I would think so. So have a look at that. If the Altitude dropped to 0 then maybe the system thought it had landed and started to cut off the motors.

It would be interesting to see what the results look like.

But this is all a bit of surmising, because, really, I don't have a clue.
Oct 11, 2012, 09:01 AM
jab
jab
Unregistered User
Quote:
Hi all
Any idea ?
Cheers
Maximus
Altitude should primarily be computed from the altimeter (air pressure sensor), so does not sound like a GPS problem to me.
What I would do first is to check that the radio fail-safe is properly programmed. Common default F/S settings (centered sticks and zero throttle) on many radios would result in something like the crash you just described.
Oct 11, 2012, 09:16 AM
This is a dumb question but what does Xekf Veld stand for?
Oct 11, 2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
Altitude should primarily be computed from the altimeter (air pressure sensor)
It depends. On some sophisticated systems they can use both. Not sure how the YS-X6 does it. Hopefully ZeroUAV will tell us.
Oct 11, 2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkphoto
This is a dumb question but what does Xekf Veld stand for?
Its the speed after Kalman Filtering. And don't ask me what Kalman Filtering is Wikipedia will give a better answer.
Oct 11, 2012, 10:37 AM
jab
jab
Unregistered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone
Its the speed after Kalman Filtering. And don't ask me what Kalman Filtering is Wikipedia will give a better answer.
It is a mathematical model that will calculate the most statistically correct attitude solution based on the input from the sensor.
And to tie this into the previous GPS altitude vs. altimeter theme, both should be used by the Kalman filter to calculate altitude. Altimeter for short term changes, and GPS to compensate for long term changes (like weather changing the air pressure during flight). At least that is the common approach, but since YS-X6 is closed source one can only guess.
Last edited by jab; Oct 11, 2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
Oct 11, 2012, 01:24 PM
Down under under
Quote:
Hi all
Any idea ?
Cheers
Maximus
Would love to see the log.
Oct 11, 2012, 05:21 PM
Ok, I changed my parameters values so many times since I got YS-X6 (the day it released) that I don't know the DEFAULT values anymore, can someone tell me how to reset to default values in android? And if it is not possible, can someone post a screenshot of the default values (gains etc)

Thanks!
Oct 11, 2012, 10:05 PM
ZeroUAV

default parameters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak
Ok, I changed my parameters values so many times since I got YS-X6 (the day it released) that I don't know the DEFAULT values anymore, can someone tell me how to reset to default values in android? And if it is not possible, can someone post a screenshot of the default values (gains etc)

Thanks!

hi , my friend .
open the gcs , click "parameter" , and you will find a button of "default " ,click it , the parameters will be to the default .
Oct 11, 2012, 10:11 PM
Does the larger number in the PTZ make it more sensitive or less sensitive
Oct 11, 2012, 10:47 PM
Down under under
Quote:
Originally Posted by ise2012
hi , my friend .
open the gcs , click "parameter" , and you will find a button of "default " ,click it , the parameters will be to the default .
Just remember to reset your
mag declination and
aircraft type
Oct 12, 2012, 06:05 AM
jab
jab
Unregistered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkphoto
Does the larger number in the PTZ make it more sensitive or less sensitive
PTZ at the moment does not have any sensitivity settings. Only a absolute gain setting telling how much the servos should move to match the copter movements.
There is no ramp in/out or any kind of speed/sensitivity settings that can be used to compensate for different servos and gimbal gearing. So while the PTZ works, you won't get anything close to professional results.

In my opinion this it the only important feature that lacks in YS-X6, and a constant source of frustration for me at least.
Oct 13, 2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w2hef
ok... I'M DONE! I've put forth quite an effort trying to get this YS-X6 working and i'm finished.. I have the YS system on my XA650 V4... i have top of the line Spektrum DX8 with the AR8000 RX... went through the Install Guide Icon in the Iphone Software... can't stop those motors...

Can't stop the motors from spinning... I'm just plan confused... Shouldn't be this hard. I need someone's time (talking) or skyping whatever... before i sent the whole kit back. I'm that frustrated.
Yes I agree, for the money it cost its not so "plug and play" as it should be. The instruction manual is unreadable and it is quite difficult to get working out of the box. The GCS is not intuitive either. Then I find you have to go and hack the Ipad to make it work as well and that's a hell of a task in it self. Now Google earth plugin isn't working and then the system to have GCS connected via a router system is just very poor. Who the hell want to lug a router out into the field with them?? Whats so hard to just plug a data unit with USB into the lap top like most UAVs have? How si the GCS suppose to link up and you also have internet as well for Google Earth to work properly?

I have been using the DIY Arducopter for over a year and this is all community project which is not that easy, buts its very low cost and it seem a lot more advanced in many ways. I thought I would buy one of these so called out of the box systems to see how they compare. After this experience it seem no easier and actually probably more difficult in the end, but at 8 time the cost.

Its taken me 2 days so far to try set it up, but seems its locked me out for some reason so Ive yet to see if it fly's to expectations. Over all to date it seems very half done and way to expensive for that.
Oct 13, 2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyTBK
Yes I agree, for the money it cost its not so "plug and play" as it should be. The instruction manual is unreadable and it is quite difficult to get working out of the box. The GCS is not intuitive either. Then I find you have to go and hack the Ipad to make it work as well and that's a hell of a task in it self. Now Google earth plugin isn't working and then the system to have GCS connected via a router system is just very poor. Who the hell want to lug a router out into the field with them?? Whats so hard to just plug a data unit with USB into the lap top like most UAVs have? How si the GCS suppose to link up and you also have internet as well for Google Earth to work properly?

I have been using the DIY Arducopter for over a year and this is all community project which is not that easy, buts its very low cost and it seem a lot more advanced in many ways. I thought I would buy one of these so called out of the box systems to see how they compare. After this experience it seem no easier and actually probably more difficult in the end, but at 8 time the cost.

Its taken me 2 days so far to try set it up, but seems its locked me out for some reason so Ive yet to see if it fly's to expectations. Over all to date it seems very half done and way to expensive for that.
Actually it is not difficult to set up. If you use the "install guide" on the android GCS, and just follow the instructions. Once you have it working you will be extremely happy.

Before you bought the system, surely you must have read about using a wifi router or having to use a hotspot on an android tablet or having to use a jail broken iphone/tablet!!

You mentioned that you loaded the 50 waypoint FW. Did you pay for that upgrade? Or did you download it from ZeroUAV website? That FW was meant for only certain serial numbers and I am sure yours was not one of them, so I am not sure what you can do to remove that. Maybe reinstall the original FW.

We are here to help you, but unless you tell us what your problem is, we cannot do that

Quick Reply