Thread Tools
Jul 23, 2012, 10:12 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Aphro's Avatar
Discussion

Warning Banana Hobby COUPON CODES NO LONGER VALID


Banana Hobby lured me into placing an order on their new website (bonus 3% off). I had the 20% off July code in hand and was looking to see what my order total would be for a 1400mm zero and 1400mm stuka (based on all the fantastic comments from owners on this site). Well, the new website doesn't allow for code entry upon returning to the order screen from PayPal... and my order was placed straight away. The old website would come back from PayPal and allow you to enter promo codes before order finalization. I was guesstimating my order total around $300 with 20% off... well, because I couldn't enter my promo code my order total is $380. I immediately fired off emails to Banana Hobby to cancel my order to no avail. So now I am left trying to cancel order through PayPal... wish me luck and I hope everyone else proceeds with caution...
Last edited by Aphro; Jul 24, 2012 at 09:48 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2012, 11:08 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Registered User
Ldm's Avatar
Call them
Jul 24, 2012, 05:01 AM
Registered User
eli5539's Avatar
You can refuse shipment also
Jul 24, 2012, 08:34 AM
Registered User
Well the site is a "beta" site. We should expect some flaws
So far I had great luck with Banana Hobby (knocking on wood now). I ordered a few items (beta site) that were back ordered and got a notification to confirm if I want to keep the order or cancel it due to the back order. I called the the number listed and waited about 3 min before someone answered.

Give them a call and/or email
Jul 24, 2012, 08:36 AM
Registered User
"Lured" you? Just call them.
Jul 24, 2012, 09:08 AM
Right Rudder
PittSpecial's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro
Banana Hobby lured me into placing an order on their new website (bonus 3% off). I had the 20% off July code in hand and was looking to see what my order total would be for a 1400mm zero and 1400mm stuka (based on all the fantastic comments from owners on this site). Well, the new website doesn't allow for code entry upon returning to the order screen from PayPal... and my order was placed straight away. The old website would come back from PayPal and allow you to enter promo codes before order finalization. I was guesstimating my order total around $300 with 20% off... well, because I couldn't enter my promo code my order total is $380. I immediately fired off emails to Banana Hobby to cancel my order to no avail. So now I am left trying to cancel order through PayPal... wish me luck and I hope everyone else proceeds with caution...
Thank you very much for that information!

I will pass it along to my RC Club Members and other friends.

I just can not stand the "Oh, it was because our new Web Site is a Beta" etc..etc...

I would completely cancel your order and just order from PW-RC or Castle.

Best of luck!
Carlos
Jul 24, 2012, 05:17 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial
I just can not stand the "Oh, it was because our new Web Site is a Beta" etc..etc...

:
I wish we lived in perfect world!

My experience with with Banana has been great and fast shipping. I emailed them last night about the status of my order (the item is back order) and I got a response this morning from Lisa W. fwith a complete status and expected time for shipping along with a phone # if I have any other questions.

Ehhh what do I know I shoot in the 100s!!
Jul 24, 2012, 09:47 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Aphro's Avatar
Thankfully my order was cancelled =) It only took 3 emails before they actually reacted. Here is Banana Response...

Thank you for contacting Banana Hobby.
I have cancelled your order no. 225-120723. All previous promotions and coupons codes are currently not valid.

Thank you,
Jose
Banana Hobby Customer Support Center
15751 Tapia St.
Irwindale, CA 91706
Tel. 626-373-2288 Fax 626-529-0056


Still waiting for cancellation to show up on my PayPal account ;-)
Jul 25, 2012, 12:07 AM
Registered User
Theres this on there new website that you should of read where you put your credit card info in
Disclaimer: This site is currently in beta testing. Prices, specifications, inventory and status of items may be adjusted and subject to change without notice. Typographical errors are subject to correction. Orders placed while on this test website may be expedited while processing. Previous promotions and coupons codes are currently not valid.
Jul 25, 2012, 12:09 AM
Registered User
Use the old site and buy the plane with the 20%off coupon. They only allow one discount per sale
Jul 25, 2012, 06:52 PM
Registered User
That new website looks awfully close to the nitroplanes website... in the end, I already think it's easier to navigate than the old one. Good advice on using the old one to save 20% through July 31st.
Last edited by maccam26; Jul 25, 2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: better description
Jul 26, 2012, 08:01 AM
CA...gimme the CA...
whowhatwhere's Avatar
I bought something from Bannana on the 24th, and the coupon worked. Never knew there were two sites...I must've somehow gone to the right one. I just googled Bananna Hobby and followed the link to the site, and after going to PayPal it sent me back to BH and the field was there to insert the code.
Jul 26, 2012, 11:34 AM
Registered User
Dennis Everett's Avatar
got a link to the new site ?
Jul 26, 2012, 01:07 PM
Registered User
the link:
http://beta.bananahobby.com/
username and password are both hobby1 . there is a link on the orginal website www.bananahobby.com

I like the new site ... much easier to navigate and search for stuff. I've been a customer for years and purchased numerous of items with no issue -- (i'm knocking on wood now!! )
Jul 26, 2012, 02:09 PM
Standing Athwart History
roo_ster's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl449
the link:
http://beta.bananahobby.com/
username and password are both hobby1 . there is a link on the orginal website www.bananahobby.com

I like the new site ... much easier to navigate and search for stuff. I've been a customer for years and purchased numerous of items with no issue -- (i'm knocking on wood now!! )
Fail.

No "Special Deals" link to take me to the sale items. I am the sort to first check out the clearance rack when I shop for clothes, too.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Careful! Banana hobby warning!!!!!! helifreak1 Banana Hobby 35 Mar 09, 2013 05:59 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby - Warning!! mkranitz Electric Plane Talk 13 Jun 26, 2011 02:52 PM
Alert Banana Hobby F-117 Stealth Fighter V2 (WARNING) rbollinger Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 2 Oct 20, 2009 08:07 PM