Jul 23, 2012, 06:55 PM
Thread OP
Alert

Throttle not working

Hi guys,
i am new to rcplanes ,i have built a scratch build delta fighter using c2822 brushless 14ookv motor with 35 amp esc combo.i am using FC-CT6B transmitter and 1500mA,25c,7.4v Lipo.
I have assembled everything correctly but my brushless motor is not spinning and it jerks when powered ,the two servo are working good .I have even tried without prop ,not working

Please Help
Last edited by Sach; Jul 23, 2012 at 07:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2012, 07:08 PM
If the motor is jerking it's possible that one of the three motor wires is not making good connection.

BTW this does not appear to be a battery problem. This thread should be in the Electric Plane Talk forum.
https://www.rcgroups.com/electric-plane-talk-7/

Glen
Jul 23, 2012, 10:09 PM
Space Coast USA
I agree, 99% of the time it is a problem with a solder joint in the connectors between the ESC and motor. Resolder all connectors even if they look good.
Jul 23, 2012, 11:16 PM
RC Helicopter Pilot
Or it could be like the ESC's I use.

They don't like being powered up at full throttle.

Try reversing the throttle in the TX.

Or power the ESC with the throttle stick at WOT.
Then slowly lower it and if the motor starts to work, you'll know what to do.
Jul 24, 2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWoodCrafter

Not sure I agree with this as usually starting with WOT is to enter programming mode and if you drop the stick right away that's to set the end point. It is entirely possible that the ESC or motor has a bad connection internally. Not sure on the exact test methodology but I would think you could use a multimeter to test continuity between some points to see if there's a bad connection somewhere.
Jul 24, 2012, 01:55 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Definitely sounds connectivity-related. Check all connections from the motor to the ESC.

And while I'm not trying to discourage you, if you're new to R/C planes, a delta fighter doesn't sound very beginner-friendly. I'd put that on the shelf and wait until you learn how to fly.
Jul 24, 2012, 02:20 PM
I'll second what Mike said, an elevon plane is not easy to learn with. I've built two flying wing type planes and my recommendation is LOTS of expo on the controls. I mean LOTS.
Jul 24, 2012, 02:38 PM
RC Helicopter Pilot
Quote:

I ran across this last weekend when I maidened a helicopter with a new flybarless unit and radio.
I couldn't figure out what was going on.
So I went home pissed off and discovered the mistake on the bench.
I had bench tested everything but the throttle.
I had the throttle reversed.
I didn't hear the beeping of the programming prompt.
A little program change and it was fixed.
Jul 24, 2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
I ran across this last weekend when I maidened a helicopter with a new flybarless unit and radio.
I couldn't figure out what was going on.
So I went home pissed off and discovered the mistake on the bench.
I had bench tested everything but the throttle.
I had the throttle reversed.
I didn't hear the beeping of the programming prompt.
A little program change and it was fixed.
Not sure what fbl unit you were using, but if the throttle goes through the fbl unit it probably didn't enable the throttle output because it was high so hence you never entered programming mode. Just a guess. I had that problem when we changed the throttle setup and forget to reset the end points in the gyro. We ran down to the park to test the changes and couldn't get the throttle to start.

Quick Reply