Originally posted by jed1d
Greetings to Boomer and the rest,
I have an Astro 010 16T and I have added a GWS B Gear
at 4.43, the only gear that would work with my new pinon
gear. What would be the best prop? I was going to run a
6.6 gear with a 12/6 prop. So, I am trying to decide on the
best prop/ thanks for your help....
Joe
I'm running a Astro 010 16 in a GWS 300C- B GB swinging a 12 X 6 prop on 10- 650 KANs in a Pizza. What a fantastic setup! Unlimited vertical and fantastic handling! As weird as it looks it's a favorite!
boomer
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2004, 11:06 PM
Been There! Done That!
Quote:
Originally posted by Renegade-I
I do agree with the SS. I do like how easily repaired they are!
Have you used a brushless with this and what would be a good"starter" brushless???
This is my 2nd plane and am still learning..
Thank you!
If you want to start without spending too much money the MP Jets fly the plane well. If you want a great setup install one of the Nippy Blacks. I had the 1812 on there but it's more motor than you need! The Astro 010 in a GWS Machined GB will fly the plane well but unless you go to 10 cells you won't see much improvement over the stock system. The setup I described above is a good choice and you can use up your 12 X 6 props and the 10 cell 650 KAN packs are $22 at Cheap battery Packs. The great thing about that setup is it just slips on like the stock motor!
As to your next plane for foam probably the E-Starter and for a better flyer the Dandy Sport. Both will give you aileron experiance!
boomer
Feb 16, 2004, 11:23 PM
Hmm,
I think I will stick to what I am using for now. I have noted that the brushless are quite pricey and for a newbie still probably are too much to contend with.

I have seen the E-Starter and like the looks of it.. Will have to check out the Dandy Sport.

At what level of experience would you reccommend the Stealth Fighter thats out there. Nice plane...
Feb 16, 2004, 11:31 PM
Been There! Done That!
Quote:
Hmm,
I think I will stick to what I am using for now. I have noted that the brushless are quite pricey and for a newbie still probably are too much to contend with.

I have seen the E-Starter and like the looks of it.. Will have to check out the Dandy Sport.

At what level of experience would you reccommend the Stealth Fighter thats out there. Nice plane...
I would say your 3rd or 4th plane. Get some aileron trainer experiance first. Another good choice is one of the IFO's as they can take some dorking and are wild in the air!
boomer
Feb 16, 2004, 11:33 PM
if I may ask, what is the IFO?

btw, are you able to fly just about anywhere in your area?
I have a friend who resides in your neck of the woods who may be interested in getting into this....
Feb 16, 2004, 11:43 PM
Been There! Done That!
Quote:
if I may ask, what is the IFO?

btw, are you able to fly just about anywhere in your area?
I have a friend who resides in your neck of the woods who may be interested in getting into this....
www.wildrc.com The T-IFO is easy the Mk3 and Mini are wild but all are almost indestructable.
I can fly several places within a mile of my house!
boomer
Feb 16, 2004, 11:49 PM
Wow, those are quite the planes..
Feb 16, 2004, 11:53 PM
Been There! Done That!
Quote:
Wow, those are quite the planes..
Go to E-Zone mag and read my test of the T-IFO.
boomer
Feb 16, 2004, 11:55 PM
Been There! Done That!
It's here
https://www.rcgroups.com/links/index.php?id=4117
boomer
Feb 17, 2004, 12:04 AM
That does sound cool!
What a unique design!
Feb 17, 2004, 11:35 AM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP
This has grown to the point to warrant a part 3. You can find it here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...61#post1841861

I'm going to close this one down. Please carry on in the part 3 thread.

Martin

Quick Reply