Thread Tools
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:49 AM
Vance1 is offline
Find More Posts by Vance1
Registered User
Aircontrol thanks for all the work you put into the design. It's guys like you that make it possible for guys like me to fly.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:21 AM
rcrich is offline
Find More Posts by rcrich
When pigs fly rc
rcrich's Avatar
Well we just got some SNOW yesterday in NY and I was able to try the MAKO on the snow and it was a blast !!!! This plane is alot of fun just doing take offs and landings never mind how fun it is to fly.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:28 PM
Tomahawk is offline
Find More Posts by Tomahawk
Registered User
Tomahawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
Well we just got some SNOW yesterday in NY and I was able to try the MAKO on the snow and it was a blast !!!! This plane is alot of fun just doing take offs and landings never mind how fun it is to fly.
No snow here yet. That is what happens with me when I go float flying. I don't really care about the flying. I enjoy the long takeoffs, landings and skimming across the water.

Chris
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:22 PM
r/cdawg is offline
Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Registered User
r/cdawg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
Good points. Are Greg and Mike the designers of the Mako? If so, I would be very keen to hear their opinion on the step before I start to cut some depron. No rush though, it is a while off making it to the build bench.
This is Mike and the Mako is all John's design. I did test fly early prototypes for John and Greg and offered a few very minor suggestions but John did all the work.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:40 AM
davereap is offline
Find More Posts by davereap
Registered User
davereap's Avatar
Hi Ive only just found this design, which appeals to my taste in models, and Ive not read through the thread,,
but has anyone made this with a KFm4 section and left out the CF spars... KF'ing the wing will make for a cheaper build and make a good strong wing..
And being a KF fanatic with winter snows coming. I have just put this at the top of my building list...KF'd of course..
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:56 AM
Theodoor is offline
Find More Posts by Theodoor
Registered User
Newbie to this forum and have recently finished Mako from plans on the site. Fantastic plane, really fun to fly.
Question: is there a possibility that someone with suitable knowledge will make a download for the Mako available for Real Flight V6?
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:03 AM
shock is offline
Find More Posts by shock
High Voltage
shock's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap View Post
Hi Ive only just found this design, which appeals to my taste in models, and Ive not read through the thread,,
but has anyone made this with a KFm4 section and left out the CF spars... KF'ing the wing will make for a cheaper build and make a good strong wing..
And being a KF fanatic with winter snows coming. I have just put this at the top of my building list...KF'd of course..
Yes a few pages back someone posted pics of their kmf4 scratch build mako. Looked great and reviews were positive. Forgot who did it but its in the thread.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:09 AM
davereap is offline
Find More Posts by davereap
Registered User
davereap's Avatar
cheers I will work backward
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:24 AM
aircontrol is offline
Find More Posts by aircontrol
Keep it simple, Keep it light!
aircontrol's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap View Post
Hi Ive only just found this design, which appeals to my taste in models, and Ive not read through the thread,,
but has anyone made this with a KFm4 section and left out the CF spars... KF'ing the wing will make for a cheaper build and make a good strong wing..
And being a KF fanatic with winter snows coming. I have just put this at the top of my building list...KF'd of course..
Check out post# 236. Tomahawk did one.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:09 AM
rcrich is offline
Find More Posts by rcrich
When pigs fly rc
rcrich's Avatar
Mako Sea plane on the snow (0 min 58 sec)
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:27 AM
r/cdawg is offline
Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Registered User
r/cdawg's Avatar
Looks like fun rcrich. We're getting pretty close to getting our first snow here in west Michigan so it won't be long and we'll be doing the same thing.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:33 AM
rcrich is offline
Find More Posts by rcrich
When pigs fly rc
rcrich's Avatar
It was a quick flight in the morning before I left for work. The snow was calling me! HAHA.
I get that same urge any time I pass a body of water that is calm and looks like glass.
rich
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:38 AM
r/cdawg is offline
Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Registered User
r/cdawg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
It was a quick flight in the morning before I left for work. The snow was calling me! HAHA.
I get that same urge any time I pass a body of water that is calm and looks like glass.
rich
You sound like me and one of my other flying buddies Dale. We are always on the look out for new and interesting float flying sites. We get a kick out of the challenge of flying from strange locations.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:33 AM
rcrich is offline
Find More Posts by rcrich
When pigs fly rc
rcrich's Avatar
Its a DISEASE
Old Nov 09, 2012, 10:44 AM
TMAC4123 is offline
Find More Posts by TMAC4123
God is Good
TMAC4123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg View Post
You sound like me and one of my other flying buddies Dale. We are always on the look out for new and interesting float flying sites. We get a kick out of the challenge of flying from strange locations.

Kinda like bush flying. That's my favourite type of fkyibg


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product West Michigan Park Flyers EPP McFoamy Plus the Free Simulator Download WMParkFlyer 3D Foamies 2953 Nov 16, 2016 07:00 PM
New Product NEW! West Michigan Park Flyers 3mm Depron McFoamy to be released!! jdracing3 3D Foamies 9 May 06, 2012 01:59 PM