That looks AMAZING...!!!

Great work..!!'
Rubio
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2013, 11:24 AM
Semper Fidelis...........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwemmer
A few stickers, panel lines and balance. She will be ready. Man I was not sure I would make it.
Awesome job Rick. How many years in the making?? Glad you pushed through the hard times to it's completion. Wish I had that drive. See you in the morning. I will give you a call later.

I got the problems taken care of at work last night, got home around 1:00 a.m. What is it like to be retired and not have to worry about anything but honey doo's and Rick's list???? Haa haa haa, I know it is not that easy

Doogie
May 23, 2013, 12:38 PM
Cool, great feeling that she's ready for the Fest I bet.
May 23, 2013, 01:45 PM
Riverside, CA
Rick
When do you go into production. Put me on the list
Richard
May 30, 2013, 10:28 PM
Launching!
Rick,

She looks great, and flew great at the fest.....CONGRADULATIONS!

DC
Jun 03, 2013, 04:56 PM
Sherpa
Thread OP
Well the Fest is over and I think we have recovered from it. I have had a lot of interest in the P-47 however I am not ready to commit. I have had some people offer to drive out here to help lay up the next fuses. However what I really want is to upgrade the plug and make a new mold. My idea is to make the new mold more like the P-63 and Zero mold with a canopy top. This would allow for better radio installation and maybe clear canopies with cockpits. So I will be posting work on the plug and new mold later this week. Hopeful I will listen to those who have gone before. But then again I am a square headed Dutchmen.

Sherpa
Jun 03, 2013, 07:56 PM
Nothing to see here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwemmer
But then again I am a square headed Dutchmen.

Sherpa

I would never have guessed.

You seem so easy going

Rubio
Jun 03, 2013, 07:58 PM
Should sell the old mold to help finance the new one...
Jun 03, 2013, 10:00 PM
Design something new!
wow, Rick is alive! Great to hear you are recovering......
Jun 03, 2013, 10:10 PM
Sherpa
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlski
wow, Rick is alive! Great to hear you are recovering......
The rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Hey Carl are you open to some modifying of the plug?

Sherpa
Jun 03, 2013, 10:17 PM
Nothing to see here...
Was he dead???

I know if Ed didn't park where he wanted...

I thought we might not make it ..!!

Rubio
Jun 06, 2013, 04:17 PM
Composites guy
Rick- may have some hypertex cloth that can work to make a mold( Dan and I discussed another tooling application and it looks reasonable). I also have some narrow (14") wide style 7500 if you need a bit. ISRDan is using the 50" 7500 for the Zephyr's( if he is willing to mold, cloth should not be the limiting factor- carpal tunel is more likely).

I may have to restock pretty soon at this rate!

PM me if you are getting ready to do it.

Ciao-
Scott
Jun 06, 2013, 11:39 PM
Sherpa
Thread OP
I have decided to follow the advice of Carlski. I will not be modifying the fuse mold and will start on the clear canopy plug. I used Plaster De Paree. I made the cradle which holds the canopy and gives it strength. I mixed the plaster and poured away. I filled it to the top and then shook tamped and agitated the mix to get rid of the bubbles. I think I took it out too soon. The plaster was still soft and the De molding put some lines in it. I tried to fill the lines but to no avail. I poured a second tonight.
Jun 06, 2013, 11:44 PM
Sherpa
Thread OP
Tonight I took the fuse mold and did some work on it. I cut away some of the side rails which should allow easier access to the seam. I wiped off the old PVA and generally cleaned up the mold. I laid out some fabric to make a template for the glass. I should have it waxed and ready for the next fuse tomorrow. I will try to lay it up on Saturday depending on honey do's

Quick Reply