Jul 21, 2012, 11:01 PM
Sherpa
Thread OP
Build Log

P-47 Plug

I was working on the plug today. I couldn't hold onto the thing and get measurements at the same time. So I built a jig to hold it. I took some wire and bent it to the shape of the fuse then transferred that top the vertical. I cut it out and then screwed the jigs to the table. Now the jig is nice and stable. Finally I put some tape on the fuse to indicate the belly pan. If you look at it with the idea that the inside of the tape is the actual pan. Now for the next step is to build the parting board and mold for the belly pan.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2012, 11:24 PM
Riverside, CA
Looking good Rick
Jul 22, 2012, 01:21 PM
Design something new!
Looking good
Jul 24, 2012, 03:17 PM
Semper Fidelis...........
Just a thought, but since your schedule is a little more open then most these days, maybe you could haul your fuse and glass over to DSan's house, and he could help you lay up the splash mold.......just a thought. I'm think he would be happy to help....

Doug
Jul 24, 2012, 09:51 PM
Sherpa
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinboom
Just a thought, but since your schedule is a little more open then most these days, maybe you could haul your fuse and glass over to DSan's house, and he could help you lay up the splash mold.......just a thought. I'm think he would be happy to help....

Doug
Doug,

would you want to join us?

Sherpa
Jul 25, 2012, 07:57 AM
Of course. Maybe I will lay up a new Lancair while we are there....

D
Jul 25, 2012, 09:18 AM
Sounds good, Pick a date and let me know
Jul 25, 2012, 09:45 AM
Riverside, CA
I would like to join
Jul 25, 2012, 11:41 AM
Sherpa
Thread OP
Dan

how does your schedule this Sunday afternoon look? Otherwise it will have to wait til the following weekend.

Rick
Jul 27, 2012, 11:00 AM
Spoke with Doug via cell .... and it's a go for sun.
bring some supplies with you as I am low on stuff here (Thanks)
Richard. You know your welcome. whatcha working on?
Jul 27, 2012, 06:15 PM
Rick, I will be available for departue from my place by 1:30-2:00p.m. I have glass and also epoxy if you do not. I am hoping to lay up a Lancair fuse to replace the banged up one. Let me know what time you can come by.

Doogie
Jul 27, 2012, 06:46 PM
Composites guy
Dan-
What are you low on? Let me know. I have some garage clean-up in the future.

BTW, the cloth I PM'd you on was traded off as it was un-balanced...30 x 18- better choice is closer to even warp by fill.

Rick has stuff now.

If I get clear, I may swing out there... we shall see.
Scott
Jul 27, 2012, 07:31 PM
Sherpa
Thread OP
I'll pick up Doug at 2pm and then drive over.

Rick
Jul 29, 2012, 09:11 PM

Progress on the P-47 today, 7/29

Today Rick came by and we went over to Dan Sampson's place in Riverside. Carl and Richard Teller met us there as well. Dan showed Rick how to set up his plug for a splash mold for the wing saddle, and they did so. It was a great learning experience for Rick, and we saw a different way of doing things from Dan's perspective, who has really been the sole builder of Slope Scale Fuses for the last eight years or so. He has much experience with these things, so we just stepped back and let him do his thing. He showed Rick what to do actually, and Richard Teller assited Rick, while Carl worked on his Avenger wing, and Dan and I worked on Dan's A/C system. We all ahd a great time. It is always fun hanging with the boys. Here are a couple of shots of the days activities.

Doogie
Jul 30, 2012, 10:28 AM
Thanks for coming by
Thanks also for helping out with my A.C.
* Had some quotes on the repair ..... 600.00 plus labor
But if I fix the part instead of replacing it ......10.00 plus help from friends

Now I feel bad for not feeding you guys.

Quick Reply