Aug 01, 2012, 07:35 AM
Wilde Sau
LoL
Last edited by Beltpilot; Aug 01, 2012 at 10:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2012, 09:58 AM
Zoom-Zoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial
Paco,

That pilot figure, is it that one that comes with the model "or" is it one that you painted and customized?

Very nice! I might place a blind eye on the Airplane Model but, I like my pilots to look their best!
Hi Carlos

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), the kit does not come with a pilot. Which saves me grief to have another "Goofy" in the basement. LOL.

I got this from a hobby shop nearby, it's an 1:7 german pilot, comes already painted and with his own iron cross.

I started to change the color on mine.... The wings ar looking lo much better now. I'll probaby start another thread tomorrow, as this one is.... ummm... you know...

Best regards - Paco
Aug 01, 2012, 10:13 AM
Right Rudder
Paco,

Thanks for your reply.

I like your reference of "Goofy"

Regards,
Carlos
Aug 02, 2012, 06:38 AM
Zoom-Zoom
Hi guys

Just a quick preview... That's how half a rattle spray can of Tamiya's TS-5 (olive drab) changes the green on one wing half. The paint was still wet when I shot the picture (that's why it's glossy on some spots), but you'll get the idea!

Now I feel better...

Best regards - Paco
Aug 02, 2012, 06:48 AM
Tally Ho!
Hahahaha well... that is one way to go about it.. but why take the wrong camo colour ?

KM
Aug 02, 2012, 07:24 AM
Zoom-Zoom
That's just a first try in changing the overall appearance, KM.

The grey should be a bit lighter too. I think, I have another rattle can on the shelf.

I'm a firm believer in the TLAR-principle...

My FW will not be based on a real operating plane - I'll just splash on "better looking" colours in a ficitional splinter scheme, put on some german decals I found in my drawer, 100mm dia. narrow tyres and so forth.

Then, I'll go fly it like I never built it. LOL.

Best regards - Paco
Aug 02, 2012, 10:46 AM
Zoom-Zoom
Another 30 Minutes in the basement...

I found some more German decals that'll find their way on the FW-190.

And another coat of rattle spray can ("German Gray") replaces the very dark grey that was used on the model. Now it has the same colour shades like the Parkzone Bf109!

The green spinner has to go too. First is a coat of flat white and next will be flat black for the area that was black on some of the real ones.

Best regards - Paco
Aug 02, 2012, 10:59 AM
fvi
fvi
Looks great Paco, much better colors!! Looking forward to seeing it assembled and with decals!

Cheers,
FVI
Aug 02, 2012, 11:03 AM
Zoom-Zoom
Cheers, FVI!

We can polish a turd. LOL!

Best regards - Paco
Aug 02, 2012, 11:33 AM
I am the Warranty.
Looking good my friend - you are quite the expert!
Aug 03, 2012, 12:30 AM
Zoom-Zoom
Thanks buddy! Although it's just a toy, I like it to be the way I want it to be.

Ummm, wait, is that a line of a Bryan Adams song? LOL

Best regards - Paco

PS, nice floor tiling, eh?
Last edited by RoverTomcat; Aug 03, 2012 at 01:25 AM.
Aug 03, 2012, 04:50 AM
I am the Warranty.
Still holding up, eh!
Aug 04, 2012, 02:22 AM
Zoom-Zoom
In the meantime, the spinner and prop is looking better - It needs balancing, but I'm used to that.

I have no idea, what the sticker on the back of the spinner was meant to say - maybe it makes sense in another part of the world. LOL.

Next will be the fuselage repaint - and I got a nice set of narrow, disc type tyres (100mm) that will go on the struts.

Best regards - Paco
Aug 04, 2012, 09:53 AM
Zoom-Zoom
The wings are nearly finished. I decided to paint the german crosses instead of using my water slide decals. The white crosses are easy...
Aug 04, 2012, 12:16 PM
I am the Warranty.
Looking great man! You truly have the ability to spice up all of the foam models (and others) you have had!!

Quick Reply