Thread Tools
Dec 17, 2012, 11:24 PM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Orion Pax's Avatar
This esc does not come with a built in bec so there is no need to remove the red wire as it is not functional. If i remember correctly, the bec instructions should be in the same book as the esc instructions.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2012, 03:46 AM
A tale of two slickies
0gravity's Avatar
For those using a 6s 5000... What is your experience like as far as weight, battery placement and performance of the plane? TIA.
Dec 23, 2012, 12:01 PM
Registered User
Letsmakeadeal's Avatar

No Problems


Quote:
Originally Posted by 0gravity
For those using a 6s 5000... What is your experience like as far as weight, battery placement and performance of the plane? TIA.
I use Gens Ace 6S 5000 pushed far forward in the battery compartment with no issues. Plane flies great!
Feb 02, 2013, 04:28 PM
Registered User

prices US vs. Europe


oh man, you don't know how lucky you are in the US. Here in Europe the current regular price is 399 and 339 best offer. That means 544 $ / 462 $!

Jan
Feb 26, 2013, 09:55 PM
Registered User
just completed mine using a 5000 mah 6s pack and have to move it all the way forward to balance at 90mm. Put it on the watt mater and got 1400 watts at 58amps. Did a custom paint job oracle scheme like sean tuckers plane. Had to take out some foam on the nose for the batteries for correct cg and had to add nose weight. Have not flown it yet. Working on making the wings removable... much easier to store and transport. Did have a problem with the spinner. I tightened down the prop nuts and bolts... did a couple of run up tests and after 1 week noticed cracking on the area were the prop mounts. Got another spinner and prop blades.. will run up again and see. I balanced the spinner and blades there was no vibration. Wonder if that plastic isnt strong enough to hold that prop. That would be fatal to me and the plane if it came apart on the ground or in the air. Any body else notice a cracked spinner plate ?

Waiting for nicer weather for the maiden ... (chicago)

here are some pictures
Feb 26, 2013, 10:03 PM
Watts up ?
OzparkPilot's Avatar
Thats looks fantastic ! I will add this to my list to get. Kinda makes me wonder why they did not produce it in better colors as the stock white just does not look mean enough - I think I might have to do my own sceam too... Whats the best paint to use thats foam safe ? I have never done a repaint on foam so whats the process please ? Just "rattle cans" ?
Feb 26, 2013, 11:10 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAUMULLER
just completed mine using a 5000 mah 6s pack and have to move it all the way forward to balance at 90mm. Put it on the watt mater and got 1400 watts at 58amps. Did a custom paint job oracle scheme like sean tuckers plane. Had to take out some foam on the nose for the batteries for correct cg and had to add nose weight. Have not flown it yet. Working on making the wings removable... much easier to store and transport. Did have a problem with the spinner. I tightened down the prop nuts and bolts... did a couple of run up tests and after 1 week noticed cracking on the area were the prop mounts. Got another spinner and prop blades.. will run up again and see. I balanced the spinner and blades there was no vibration. Wonder if that plastic isnt strong enough to hold that prop. That would be fatal to me and the plane if it came apart on the ground or in the air. Any body else notice a cracked spinner plate ?

Waiting for nicer weather for the maiden ... (chicago)

here are some pictures
Very nice scheme! I still wish I got this plane...someday.

Oracle, you from the bay area?
Feb 27, 2013, 07:53 AM
Registered User
I am from chicago .. just got clobbered with 8" of snow. Used red latex paint , or the acrylic paint from craft stores works. Added some weight , but well worth the effort. Shoot the whole plane with a clear coat to seal it. Made the wings removable .. had to modify the landing gear and the struts .. a little extra cf used.. seems solid. Have not maidened it . 9.5 lbs with 5000 mah battery . Had to build a custom battery tray to get the batteries all the way forward.

cant wait for spring.
Mar 12, 2013, 09:11 PM
Make the best of all you have
beetyii's Avatar
Got my Pitts today and I will make it look like this :



...the classic paint work.

FMS made a great job !


Rolf
Mar 13, 2013, 09:02 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Aros.MotionRC's Avatar
Just ordered this bird from FMS. Can't wait to paint and fly her! Sorry TAUMULLER, hope you don't mind but I think I'm going to have to copy your scheme...That's sick looking!

Callie graphics? I'll be reading up on this thread in the coming days. 19 pages is a piece of cake compared to some threads out there.
Mar 14, 2013, 03:53 AM
Registered User
Aros you're gonna love it!!
Mar 14, 2013, 07:45 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros
Just ordered this bird from FMS. Can't wait to paint and fly her! Sorry TAUMULLER, hope you don't mind but I think I'm going to have to copy your scheme...That's sick looking!

Callie graphics? I'll be reading up on this thread in the coming days. 19 pages is a piece of cake compared to some threads out there.
I just ordered mine, shipping used to be high at BH but I see $0 for me in NC!
Is that their new policy or is it temporary spaecial at BH??
Tim in NC
Mar 14, 2013, 10:17 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Aros.MotionRC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman 220
Aros you're gonna love it!!
Can't wait!
Mar 14, 2013, 04:49 PM
Registered User
THESANDMAN's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn
I just ordered mine, shipping used to be high at BH but I see $0 for me in NC!
Is that their new policy or is it temporary spaecial at BH??
Tim in NC
anything over 100 has free shipping ,but its the plane before the free shipping sale was 199.00 plus shipping this was wayy back in Nov.i couldnt get it since i had other priorites the price came out to 235.00 now its 299.00 im waiting for them to get rid of the free shipping sale so that i can get it for 235.00
Mar 14, 2013, 05:02 PM
Registered User
BH keep changing the price and free shipping. Bottom line its the same total price.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Pitts by FMS beetyii 3D Foamies 31 May 13, 2013 12:19 PM
Discussion FMS PT-17 Stearman from BH wattman Banana Hobby 10 Jul 14, 2012 08:09 AM
Question BlitzRC Mini pocket rocket AT-6 from BH Colbyntx Electric Warbirds 8 Jul 07, 2012 08:31 AM
Discussion Starmax Mini Gee Bee from BH Chubbs Foamies (Kits) 0 Jul 02, 2012 01:43 PM
Discussion BH Pitts Hybrid ? GSP Banana Hobby 4 May 13, 2012 06:15 AM