Iconic-X FPV Frame Build and Flight!!!!! - RC Groups
Jul 20, 2012, 02:33 AM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Build Log

Iconic-X FPV Frame Build and Flight!!!!!

I wanted to start a build Thread for the Iconic-X FPV frame. I originally recieved a prototype, and Today I recieved the production Model. So here is my start to finish of the build and I will post pics as I go with the build. and I will make videos of my first flights. I want to mention that the arms I have are still prototype version and were made for 8-9 inch props. they are now using a longer arm for the use of 10 inch props.
Equipment I am using is as follows:
Flight control- KK2 board
Motors- new KDA black motors with the upgraded bearings.
ESC's- 25 amp HK SS
Props_ 9 inch Gem fans
I will be running a 3 cell 2200 30c battery.

I started the build eariler tonight and so far everything is a perfect fit. I had them include some spaces so I could mount the esc's in between the two bottom plates. I am very impressed with the quality of the frame and the aluminum arms are very solid and there is no flex or twist at all. on the controller plate there is plenty of room for just about any type of controller originally made for the new (Open Pilot 3D controller) with room for the battery and all your fpv equipment. there are slots in the front for mounting a gopro and a small FPV camera. or you really can configure it anyway you like.

The frame does have 2 sections which makes it unique as all the motors and esc's get mounted to the bottom section, and then that is attached to the top controller and camera section via rubber standoffs. which eleminate pretty much all vibrations. most of the frame is made from G10 and the arms are made of Aluminum.

I was able to get most of the build done, I am just waiting on my motors to arrive. should be tomorrow. and I will hopefully get the rest of the build finished this weekend. I will also be adding led's to give it some light.
Last edited by tc3wins; Jul 20, 2012 at 02:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2012, 03:19 AM
where did you get the frame?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:17 AM
whosYOURdaddy - QuadAddict
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread).
Jul 21, 2012, 02:32 PM
Underwater Helicopter Badge
Which webshop sells it? Either its for sale or its just a prototype, so what is it?
Jul 21, 2012, 02:33 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
You can order it here: http://forums.openpilot.org/topic/10...und-openpilot/

they are in production:
Jul 21, 2012, 06:15 PM
Jose Angel
Any link to "new KDA black motors with the upgraded bearings"??
Jul 21, 2012, 06:40 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
You can get them from witespy or hoverthings.
Jul 22, 2012, 12:35 PM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Nobody sells this frame as far as I know. He only makes a couple per month.
Jul 22, 2012, 05:18 PM
tc3wins
Is it flying yet. I will be starting mine tomorrow. Had to wait on my flashed esc's and usps has them for delivery tomorrow. I will be flying mine with a CC board.
Jul 22, 2012, 07:15 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
I got it finished this morning and did one test flight. I am working today/tonight and well the rest of the week. so I will get video up as soon as I can.
Jul 24, 2012, 02:49 AM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Vic- the frame is a production frame. they are being made, and I posted where to get them.

here is the link again. http://forums.openpilot.org/topic/10...und-openpilot/

Ken, is making them. and he has sold a bunch of them. they are great frames. and super strong.
Jul 24, 2012, 06:17 PM
LOAD "FLIP-FPV",8,1
Maybe I just misunderstood, I didn't read the entire thread but he says he is not a business and is not interesting in selling them.. but giving a few away instead..
Jul 24, 2012, 06:24 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
He has been selling them as far as I know.
Jul 27, 2012, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins
He has been selling them as far as I know.
He is selling them. You can also find his contacts on youtube. I also have almost completed my build. Will post the pictures of the build here sometime today. Happy with it so far. I did have to work on the CC board mounting holes due to my center of gravity was tail heavy because of my esc power setup because my main 4x harness is a bit larger than I needed. But I do like the way it has turned out.
Jul 27, 2012, 06:59 PM
she is built and setup with a CC Openpilot board. Here is a picture of the after built. I will post the build pictures later its time to do a madian test flights. First time I ever used the water proof jelly LED strips. I like them and they are bright. They also blend in with the aluminum arms and are the same width so you can just wrap them around the arms.