Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by typicalaimster, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 05, 2013, 05:48 PM
Registered User
guipedroso's Avatar
Having fun flying FPV with a L39 Jet

Abatros L39 JET 90mm FPV - Aeroclube AeroCircus - Jonville SC (4 min 25 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2013, 08:27 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by guipedroso View Post
Having fun flying FPV with a L39 Jet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meLlHt-hgeg
That looks like a lot of fun. Airspeed in kph?

-Mike
Feb 06, 2013, 12:45 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom223866 View Post
some flying over germanys most famous castle

https://vimeo.com/58848109
Nice view of Neuschwanstein (sp?). Been there. Cool video.
Feb 06, 2013, 05:50 AM
Registered User
guipedroso's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rver157 View Post
That looks like a lot of fun. Airspeed in kph?

-Mike
Yes, in KPH.

Cheers
Last edited by guipedroso; Feb 06, 2013 at 07:08 PM.
Feb 06, 2013, 09:45 PM
Video Juggernaut
Wingbreaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom223866 View Post
some flying over germanys most famous castle

https://vimeo.com/58848109
that's perfect
Feb 06, 2013, 09:58 PM
Registered User
jeff2215's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom223866 View Post
some flying over germanys most famous castle

https://vimeo.com/58848109
Very nice video. What camera are you using? Video Stabilization Software?
Feb 06, 2013, 10:12 PM
Registered User
jeff2215's Avatar
What are people using for post stabilization? I have a Hero 2 and shoot in 720-60 mode, but when I run the video through stabilization in Sony Vegas Movie Studio it degrades the quality of the video too much. Is there better stabilization software out there?
Feb 06, 2013, 10:13 PM
Registered User
jeff2215's Avatar
My video for the day: (using RVOSD flyby wire still needs post stabilization)

Lake Michigan Winter Wonderland.wmv (7 min 26 sec)
Feb 06, 2013, 10:25 PM
Qualified
JohnVH's Avatar
never used any stabilization, might have to look into that
Feb 07, 2013, 01:04 AM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Stabilization in post processing doesn't get along with the Hero's 720p Wide mode,
because there's so much barrel distortion. The stabilized video tends to "breath"
annoyingly, around the corners. Also the more shaky the source video
the more area the stabilization will have to crop off the edges which is why
the quality degrades so much. If you're going to do it, at least start with 1080p
and then perhaps render it to 720p after stabilization. The best videos to stabilize are the
ones that are already pretty smooth, and you're just removing the little bumps.

ian
Feb 07, 2013, 02:15 AM
-NEFPV-
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom223866 View Post
some flying over germanys most famous castle

https://vimeo.com/58848109
That was in Triple X right?
Feb 07, 2013, 02:35 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Double View Post
Some very nice piloting here as my mate does a bit of bush bashing with his f330 quad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD_Q1ROjj4Q
very nice video, interesting perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by guipedroso View Post
Having fun flying FPV with a L39 Jet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meLlHt-hgeg
very nice setting !! if this is a model club only then it is a top class place ! impressive, shame the landings were a bit bouncy
Feb 07, 2013, 04:58 AM
Registered User

stinking hot day,lets go fly anyway!


Australia, the sunburnt country (3 min 29 sec)
Feb 07, 2013, 06:53 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by monjon868 View Post
Thanks for the video. The red color is great and the water is beautiful.

Thanks again.

Hector
Feb 07, 2013, 07:17 AM
Registered User
jeff2215's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Stabilization in post processing doesn't get along with the Hero's 720p Wide mode,
because there's so much barrel distortion. The stabilized video tends to "breath"
annoyingly, around the corners. Also the more shaky the source video
the more area the stabilization will have to crop off the edges which is why
the quality degrades so much. If you're going to do it, at least start with 1080p
and then perhaps render it to 720p after stabilization. The best videos to stabilize are the
ones that are already pretty smooth, and you're just removing the little bumps.

ian
Thanks for the feedback. I was figuring I was going to have to try 1080p. I also think moving faster helps stabilize things a bit as well. The flying wing videos I see also seem to be so stable.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gallery FPV Videos For those that want to see what FPV flying is like check this out [Part 5] typicalaimster FPV Talk 9686 Jul 19, 2012 11:13 AM
Gallery FPV Videos For those that want to see what FPV flying is like check this out [Part 4] helirap1 FPV Talk 10416 Dec 08, 2010 11:52 AM
Gallery FPV Videos For those that want to see what FPV flying is like check this out [Part 3] VRflyer FPV Talk 1575 Dec 24, 2008 05:13 PM
Gallery FPV Videos For those that want to see what FPV flying is like check this out [Part 2] Impulze FPV Talk 723 Mar 30, 2008 09:42 PM
Discussion FPV Videos, For those that want to see what FPV flying is like, check these out !!! JettPilot FPV Talk 511 Oct 14, 2007 12:18 PM