Sep 06, 2012, 06:34 PM
Yeah Zeke! Go Man Go! Very Cool Indeed!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2012, 07:45 PM
Not failing=Not trying enough
This is going to beautiful when complete. Heck, it's beautiful already!
Sep 07, 2012, 06:04 AM
ParkScaleModels
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Freddy View Post
Yeah Zeke! Go Man Go! Very Cool Indeed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wehrdo View Post
This is going to beautiful when complete. Heck, it's beautiful already!
Thanks guys! I'm really happy with how it's turning out. I ended up taking off the planking I had originally started to plank the nose of the cockpit with in favor of some laser cut planking that are an exact fit. The laser cut planks are a real time saver and give amazing results.

I got the cockpit hatch sanded last night and even got some covering on the nose. Tonight I will finish covering the cockpit and also work on getting the second wing covered.

Last weekend I had wiped the epoxy on the fuselage down with acetone to smooth things down and hopefully get rid of the lingering 'stickieness'. It worked well enough that I was able to get all of the epoxy on the hull sanded smooth last night and applied the last of the filler that was needed. Tomorrow morning I plan to do the final sanding of the fuselage and to start getting it covered.
Sep 09, 2012, 08:09 PM
ParkScaleModels
Thread OP
Some more quick progress photos...
Sep 09, 2012, 08:31 PM
WOOOOHOOOO ZEKE! And rivet detail, flaps, nav lights, the whole 9 yards. Whew, I can't stand it Zeke! PRESS FORWARD! Glad Xmas is right around the corner!
Sep 10, 2012, 07:55 PM
ParkScaleModels
Thread OP
A couple more for tonight...
Sep 10, 2012, 08:10 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Zeke

You going to be doing the last covering in the PSM tent like the last year or two? Or will she be ready before the show? Ron and I are looking forward to seeing you and Mike in a few days. We have the Mini Drake all ready to go for the morning flyin!!

Remember lunch with us on Friday!!

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Last edited by Brian Allen; Jul 24, 2014 at 02:38 PM.
Sep 11, 2012, 05:37 AM
ParkScaleModels
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Allen View Post
Zeke

You going to be doing the last covering in the PSM tent like the last year or two? Or will she be ready before the show? Ron and I are looking forward to seeing you and Mike in a ew days. We have the Mini Drake all ready to go for the morning flyin!!

Remember lunch with us on Friday!!

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Covering should be done, but I may be hooking up electronics! (Wouldn't be NEAT if wasn't trying to finish something) Can't wait to see the Drake!
Sep 12, 2012, 03:08 AM
71% of the world is runway . .
Looks great !!!

Greets,

Bart
Sep 12, 2012, 06:02 AM
Love it. Can't wait to see it at NEAT!
Sep 12, 2012, 11:37 PM
ParkScaleModels
Thread OP
Heading up to NEAT in the morning...
Sep 17, 2012, 01:46 PM
ParkScaleModels
Thread OP
I didn't get all of the electronics installed and control surfaces hooked up, but (with the exception of some trim) I did get the Albatross finished up and fully assembled for NEAT. Here's a couple of pics. One I took and one is from the NEAT photo thread.

Last edited by zbrubaker; Sep 17, 2012 at 01:52 PM.
Sep 18, 2012, 05:12 AM
For those that didn't get to see it, it was gorgeous. Zeke leveraged the tools at his disposal and added detailing to the covering such as rivets and panel lines. I first noticed them on the nacelles and when looking closer saw he had even added access panels on the floats.

While talking to Zeke, he mentioned a smaller Goose. I can't wait.

Rob
Sep 18, 2012, 09:09 AM
Always Ready!
Beautiful kit. It's begging for a cockpit interior

Quick Reply