Thread Tools
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:57 AM
robineche is offline
Find More Posts by robineche
Registered User
robineche's Avatar
my spyder-quad from dialfonzo.

just add 4 HK arms ( 11 $ frame from HK ) . 4 Roxxy 2827/34 and flashed esc with 10.5 graupner e-prop in 4s....It's flying great !
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:03 AM
Dialfonzo is offline
Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robineche View Post
my spyder-quad from dialfonzo.

just add 4 HK arms ( 11 $ frame from HK ) . 4 Roxxy 2827/34 and flashed esc with 10.5 graupner e-prop in 4s....It's flying great !
Good build..!
Thanks for sharing with us
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:28 AM
DoctorAudio is offline
Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Some call me the other guy!
DoctorAudio's Avatar
Wow it looks just like mine.
Dialfonzo, I didn't know you was going to make more.
Welcome to the family. You in good company!
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:45 AM
Dialfonzo is offline
Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Well..
I don't know where it is from .. me or Luis.. lol
We are doing them on request mostly.

Man.... i want a "Plus" under my name... !!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:20 PM
DoctorAudio is offline
Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Some call me the other guy!
DoctorAudio's Avatar
You just need to hang out with better friends we all got a plus!
Hahahah!
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:10 PM
Dialfonzo is offline
Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctoraudio View Post
you just need to hang out with better friends we all got a plus!
Hahahah!
....
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:56 PM
SteffeB is offline
Find More Posts by SteffeB
Registered User
Have anyone measured how much the arms on a multicopter interfear on the airtravel through the propellers? A round tube must be better than a square tube, a square tube must be better than a flat design. I understand that a multicopter motor needs a lot of cooling but wouldnt a very aerodynamic design (maybe like a plane wing) of the arms and motors looking like edf-motors with a cone increase flight time and stability? An extremely light and aerodynamic design would be nice!


An easy test for measuring different arm designs would just to put them in the airflow of a running motor and feel/measure how much force it takes.


Sorry for my lousy english, hehe...
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:50 AM
Airplanekid333 is offline
Find More Posts by Airplanekid333
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
Airplanekid333's Avatar
I got a spyder! I got it all setup and i decided to put my gopro on it too. When i took off it was stable but it wanted to tilt foward. I landed and took the gopro off and it flew great. So my CG was too far forward. Where does the CG sit on this frame? I have DJI 450 arms.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:33 AM
jsflyrv is offline
Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanekid333 View Post
I got a spyder! I got it all setup and i decided to put my gopro on it too. When i took off it was stable but it wanted to tilt foward. I landed and took the gopro off and it flew great. So my CG was too far forward. Where does the CG sit on this frame? I have DJI 450 arms.




CG is blue circle
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:43 AM
eDoug is offline
Find More Posts by eDoug
Registered User
eDoug's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
20090802 Nice 0003 (0 min 6 sec)
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:50 AM
kaz1104 is online now
Find More Posts by kaz1104
Dreamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post



CG is blue circle
???? I would have thought the CG should be very close to where the red lines intersect ??? Even if the frame were symmetrical ie rear motors same distance apart as the front, the red line intersect will move only slightly forward of where it is shown? . At the blue circle the quad would overwork the front motors and tend to want to pitch forward. Please correct me if I am wrong. ...
The slight asymetry will cause a slight yaw affect with roll input maybe ... or maybe slight pitch?
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:01 AM
kaz1104 is online now
Find More Posts by kaz1104
Dreamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
This is looking great !!. What are the diagonal motor to motor dimensions please.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:32 AM
Dialfonzo is offline
Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Dialfonzo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
???? I would have thought the CG should be very close to where the red lines intersect ??? Even if the frame were symmetrical ie rear motors same distance apart as the front, the red line intersect will move only slightly forward of where it is shown? . At the blue circle the quad would overwork the front motors and tend to want to pitch forward. Please correct me if I am wrong. ...
The slight asymetry will cause a slight yaw affect with roll input maybe ... or maybe slight pitch?
I have fly mine with and without the GoPro without any effect on the frame.
I mean i t was not tilting forward with or without and no change in CG was made between the two flight.

I was using Multiwii in Gyro only mode.

On the picture the green line are all the same lenght.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:15 PM
jsflyrv is offline
Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
This is looking great !!. What are the diagonal motor to motor dimensions please.

I think this is a winner Eric, can't wait to try it.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:24 PM
Airplanekid333 is offline
Find More Posts by Airplanekid333
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
Airplanekid333's Avatar
this is strange. I triple check to see if i have any trim because to me, It flies naturally when I have my CG back by the red intersection. Maybe my back 2 motors aren't as strong. I don't know but it flys good with the CG farther back from the blue circle.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion DiaLFonZo-Copter Crazy2Fly Quadcopter 340mm Dialfonzo Multirotor Talk 87 Feb 07, 2016 07:41 AM
New Product DiaLFonZo-Copter Boom Block Dialfonzo Multirotor Talk 88 Mar 21, 2014 06:34 AM
Build Log Unrealistic's HEXorcism 600 - Luis & DiaLFonZo-Copter unrealistic Multirotor Talk 47 Oct 23, 2012 05:09 AM
New Product DiaLFonZo-Copter - MicroTrinity Quad Dialfonzo Multirotor Talk 6 Jul 09, 2012 09:26 PM