Thread Tools
Jul 17, 2012, 11:27 PM
Registered User
Discussion

Duraplane-ish spad plans


Any body got plans for a duraplane trainer type spad?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 18, 2012, 08:50 AM
Call me Frosty
TheRealFrosty's Avatar
I would go straight for the Debonair at http://www.spadtothebone.net/SPAD/. You could chop the fuse off at the back and use aluminum channel for the back, but why bother? The Debonair makes a good trainer as is in the plans. It's even better if you build the RNAF style wing with a 4 mil bottom and 2 mil top (see http://www.spadtothebone.net/SPAD/Sp...21/page21.html for technique, but use Debonair wing dimensions.
Jul 18, 2012, 09:06 PM
Registered User
That's kinda the direction I was leaning but I like the aluminum tail boom look so I'm thinking that I'm gonna modify my Deb like you suggested. Thanks.
Jul 20, 2012, 12:08 AM
Registered User
JohnsPop's Avatar
The only problem I have with the aluminum boom..... I really like the BUHOR 25 and it has the aluminum channel, but it is only for low or no wind. The aluminum channel allows a lot of twist in the tail if you're flying in windy conditions and it can be disastrous.
Jul 20, 2012, 10:33 AM
Call me Frosty
TheRealFrosty's Avatar
That's true. I have seen a duraplane in person and the tail was a little more twisty than my debonair tail.
Jul 26, 2012, 05:00 AM
Registered User
kenbad's Avatar
I have a brand new durabat, wonder if I should sell it......been in the attick for years
Jul 27, 2012, 01:43 PM
Registered User
JohnsPop's Avatar
Unless you just really like it, I'd sell it and use the proceeds to buy coro or something else you'd prefer.
Jul 28, 2012, 09:44 PM
Registered User
Oldgzr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbad View Post
I have a brand new durabat, wonder if I should sell it......been in the attick for years
Kenbad, Is your Durabat the older style one with the urethane coating on the wing or the later type with the plain foam wing that you had to cover?
Jul 29, 2012, 04:34 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealFrosty View Post
I would go straight for the Debonair at http://www.spadtothebone.net/SPAD/. You could chop the fuse off at the back and use aluminum channel for the back, but why bother? The Debonair makes a good trainer as is in the plans. It's even better if you build the RNAF style wing with a 4 mil bottom and 2 mil top (see http://www.spadtothebone.net/SPAD/Sp...21/page21.html for technique, but use Debonair wing dimensions.
I have just done an electric Debonair with a 3mm Buhor wing and built as a taildragger
a 3s 4000 mah lipo 60amp plush ESC and 35-48 900kv NTN propdrive outrunner
13x6.5 prop The Debonair weighs 2.5KG and this setup pulls 440 watts
It flies great and makes a great trainer
Last edited by hiko; Jul 29, 2012 at 04:40 AM.
Jul 30, 2012, 08:04 AM
Registered User
kenbad's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgzr View Post
Kenbad, Is your Durabat the older style one with the urethane coating on the wing or the later type with the plain foam wing that you had to cover?
Plain foam wing





Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Duracraft Duraplane wanted !! FlyingKiwi22 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Aug 10, 2012 12:42 PM
Found In need of a new/or ish HS81 servo please. jjohns51 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 5 Jun 18, 2012 01:42 PM
Wanted Duraplane Kit FlyingKiwi22 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Mar 09, 2012 08:14 PM
Question Avistar to Duraplane to SPAD RussMax SPAD - Simple Plastic Airplane Designs 4 Jan 12, 2007 11:40 AM
Duraplane 40 wing on a Duraplane 20 Model? kctrading SPAD - Simple Plastic Airplane Designs 0 Mar 28, 2005 09:03 PM