Thread Tools
Old Jul 17, 2012, 09:13 PM
StewieRC is offline
Find More Posts by StewieRC
This Calls for a Sexy Party
StewieRC's Avatar
Help!

hexTronik 16gram motor rewind ?


I bought x2 2211 motors (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6311) and both of the winding broke in several places ( the wire just disintegrate, i glued the wire down with hot glue when i got it )

Anyway i want to rewind these motors but i'm not sure what gauge magnet wire to get, and where ?

i want to keep the KV at 1700kv ( or whatever the kv is on this motor ) so i can use my props collection ( 6x3 gws prop on 3s battery )

Here is what i got from unwinding the motor :
Quote:
2211-1700kv
9 poles
12 magnets
29 turns ( not sure, i counted 29 but it could be from 28 to 30 turns )
if you can, please recommend me a good magnet wire that is easy to strip the insulation off.
thanks you.
Last edited by StewieRC; Jul 18, 2012 at 03:00 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:43 AM
rcalldaylong is offline
Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Dude, I do fly all day long!
rcalldaylong's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieRC View Post
I bought x2 2211 motors (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6311) and both of the winding broke in several places ( the wire just disintegrate, i glued the wire down with hot glue when i got it )

Anyway i want to rewind these motors but i'm not sure what gauge magnet wire to get, and where ?

i want to keep the KV at 1700kv ( or whatever the kv is on this motor ) so i can use my props collection ( 6x3 gws prop on 3s battery )

Here is what i got from unwinding the motor :


if you can, please recommend me a good magnet wire that is easy to strip the insulation off.
thanks you.
Stewie,

I normally don't do this, but if you look 2 post above yours, there's a huge thread on this already, where you'll find all the info you need and more on this motor.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=844745
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:06 PM
Bare is offline
Find More Posts by Bare
Registered User
oops
Old Jul 18, 2012, 01:52 PM
StewieRC is offline
Find More Posts by StewieRC
This Calls for a Sexy Party
StewieRC's Avatar
Most people in that thread get 35 turns in each stator, i got 29 turns on each for both motors. So i'm not sure if that thread is even applied to me. ( or i counted # of turns wrong )
Old Jul 18, 2012, 02:13 PM
rcalldaylong is offline
Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Dude, I do fly all day long!
rcalldaylong's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieRC View Post
Most people in that thread get 35 turns in each stator, i got 29 turns on each for both motors. So i'm not sure if that thread is even applied to me. ( or i counted # of turns wrong )
it's the same motor, hence the thread applies to you. In terms of turns...I wouldn't trust the counts on a stock motor from HK, they are known to be all over the place. Best thing to do is check with that thread, and see who is winding it to the stock 1700 and copy that number of winds.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 02:42 PM
StewieRC is offline
Find More Posts by StewieRC
This Calls for a Sexy Party
StewieRC's Avatar
@rcalldaylong hey thanks, that answer my question about why my motor have 6 turns less than other people.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 04:05 PM
Bare is offline
Find More Posts by Bare
Registered User
If Timocharis (dave north) claims 35 turns as stock and that he did get 35 turns back on He is More than likely Correct.
Getting turns onto a stator IS an aquired skill..
Old Jul 18, 2012, 04:11 PM
rcalldaylong is offline
Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Dude, I do fly all day long!
rcalldaylong's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare View Post
If Timocharis (dave north) claims 35 turns as stock and that he did get 35 turns back on He is More than likely Correct.
Getting turns onto a stator IS an aquired skill..
You have to acquire and wear the callus on the fingers first.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Hextronik 16-Gram Outrunner Rewind timocharis Electric Motor Design and Construction 198 May 08, 2013 10:49 PM
Discussion hexTronik 5gram rewinding to higher kv renatoa Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 25 Sep 15, 2012 08:50 AM
Question 24g Hextronik 1700kv rewind dedStik Power Systems 1 Jul 06, 2012 05:20 PM
Discussion Learning to rewind motor, any tips ? StewieRC Power Systems 8 Jun 22, 2012 10:12 AM
Help! Hextronik 16gram Brushless motor. BennettOZ84 Power Systems 7 Aug 22, 2008 09:17 PM