New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:05 PM
Aaeolien is offline
Find More Posts by Aaeolien
3d addict
Hehe frank I must not be flying hard enough. I haven't broken the firewall yet. Either that or I am just not flying low enough.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:24 PM
bigbookfrank is offline
Find More Posts by bigbookfrank
Registered User
bigbookfrank's Avatar
If your not crashing you are either extremely gifted like Joe Smith or you aren't flying low enough! Man up and get down lower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeolien View Post
Hehe frank I must not be flying hard enough. I haven't broken the firewall yet. Either that or I am just not flying low enough.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:35 PM
grimbeaver is offline
Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbookfrank View Post
If your not crashing you are either extremely gifted like Joe Smith or you aren't flying low enough! Man up and get down lower!
No thanks I have limited time for repairs, would rather be out flying. I'll stay high
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:41 PM
bigbookfrank is offline
Find More Posts by bigbookfrank
Registered User
bigbookfrank's Avatar
This goes back to there are Old Pilots and Bold Pilots but no Old Bold Pilots!


Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
No thanks I have limited time for repairs, would rather be out flying. I'll stay high
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:00 PM
olds455 is offline
Find More Posts by olds455
Registered User
Hello, I just picked up one of these and would like to get some opinions on the 103 vs 130. I know the 130 is stronger but how suffecient us the 103. Inwant a 42 or 51 slick and would need to use it there. Thanks
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:04 PM
FireyFate is offline
Find More Posts by FireyFate
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by olds455 View Post
Hello, I just picked up one of these and would like to get some opinions on the 103 vs 130. I know the 130 is stronger but how suffecient us the 103. Inwant a 42 or 51 slick and would need to use it there. Thanks
The 103 is already the overkill motor for the 40" Edge, and the 130 would be underpowered for a 51.

Get the 103g... it is also the suggested motor for the 42" Slick. If you are going to get a 51 down the road, you are looking at the Hacker A30-12XL or a Motrolfly equivalent.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:11 PM
olds455 is offline
Find More Posts by olds455
Registered User
Thanks that's what I was thinking. I have the 72g in the 41 edge and but the slick says more. I was also looking at the 48 edge which runs the 103. Now to pick up the 103g.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:16 PM
grimbeaver is offline
Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Registered User
Mine already has unlimited vertical with the 72g, I can't even imaging a 130. With a 130 you'll probably get right roll at 1/4 throttle. Or has that issue been fully resolved? I haven't been watching this thread too closely.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:32 PM
olds455 is offline
Find More Posts by olds455
Registered User
I just realized this was the wrong thread. I got the 48" extra. Sorry
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:38 PM
RC_Feen is offline
Find More Posts by RC_Feen
Registered User
RC_Feen's Avatar

Measuring throw/How?


I need to setup my throws on my Edge. How/what is everyone using to measure there throw. Thanks!
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:47 PM
FireyFate is offline
Find More Posts by FireyFate
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
I use a throw meter

Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:51 PM
Aaeolien is offline
Find More Posts by Aaeolien
3d addict
I just use a piece of paper folded at the corner. Makes a nice 45. It gets it close enough to where I want it.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:20 PM
RC_Feen is offline
Find More Posts by RC_Feen
Registered User
RC_Feen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
I use a throw meter

I have one of those. Can't figure how to use the darn thing. Is there a link showing how to use it? Thanks!
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:43 PM
FireyFate is offline
Find More Posts by FireyFate
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Feen View Post
I have one of those. Can't figure how to use the darn thing. Is there a link showing how to use it? Thanks!
Uhhhh.... maybe you should seek help setting up your plane.


On the meter, point the arrow with the line on it at zero.

If you are doing the elevator, for example, stand the meter up and hold it flat across the horizontal stabilizer and elevator, with the center screw of the meter over the hinge.

Give up input to the elevator and see how many degrees of throw you are getting. Adjust radio endpoints accordingly.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:22 PM
RC_Feen is offline
Find More Posts by RC_Feen
Registered User
RC_Feen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
Uhhhh.... maybe you should seek help setting up your plane.


On the meter, point the arrow with the line on it at zero.

If you are doing the elevator, for example, stand the meter up and hold it flat across the horizontal stabilizer and elevator, with the center screw of the meter over the hinge.

Give up input to the elevator and see how many degrees of throw you are getting. Adjust radio endpoints accordingly.
That is just how I was doing it but wasn't 100% sure. Thanks for the buddy check! I have a Aeroworks throw meter but it's too big/weights too much to use on a foam plane...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold ... hosam Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Jul 17, 2012 10:23 PM
Sold 47" 3D Hobby Shop Edge 540.. LPU SteveT. Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Mar 11, 2012 07:58 PM