Aug 09, 2012, 12:22 PM
Team Thrasher
has anyone flown this off of a grass runway or just grass in general? If so how did u get it to work, planning on ordering one here real soon.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 09, 2012, 12:23 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1
I havent gone home to get them yet. I will be going home around 1:45 central. You got the solar servos too right?
Yep. You'll know as soon as you open the box. It's pretty strong. Ahh.. that new electronic smell, fresh from the factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3derik
has anyone flown this off of a grass runway or just grass in general? If so how did u get it to work, planning on ordering one here real soon.
Hrmm... grass. The gear can certainly handle it. It's beefy! Leave pants and skirts off. Plenty of room on the LG axles for bigger and wider wheels if needed. Should be ok for a low cut grass runway. Tail wheel could snag though.

------------------

The rain has stopped and the sun is out! I hope it stays that way. The Edge must fly again!
Last edited by SD One.; Aug 09, 2012 at 12:28 PM.
Aug 09, 2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Hmm your sbach is cheaper but the one i sent the link for has a full sized real plane looking fuse that appears much roomier. Looks like a real plane too. Both look good though.

So does anyone have a gens ace 1550 they are going to try out? Or a 1300 25c gens ace?
Heres a pic of a Gens 1550 in the fuse. Fits good!
Aug 09, 2012, 12:28 PM
Fly More Crash Less
When mine gets here next week I plan on using the Gens ace 1550s and maybe the Sky's too. SD One gave you the link to the Sbach I have as well. Never tried the full fuse looking one. It could be fun.
Aug 09, 2012, 12:38 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDO999
Here's a pic of a Gens 1550 in the fuse. Fits good!
So you haven't flown yours yet?

Glad the sun is out sd. Hope you give a better report this time.

Perfect day here today but no way i could fly today. Tomorrow is supposed to be super windy.

I think my clock is broke because time is going REALLY slow.

I am curious to get a report from someone using the omega 72g and not a super powered motrolfly to see if that makes any difference.
Last edited by nickelbn1; Aug 09, 2012 at 12:46 PM.
Aug 09, 2012, 12:51 PM
Hmm... Gens Ace 25C 1800s are short like their 1550s, a few grams lighter than the Sky 1600s and... out of stock. I'll have to keep an eye out for those.
Aug 09, 2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
I am curious to get a report from someone using the omega 72g and not a super powered motrolfly to see if that makes any difference.
A few pages back someone said the prototype had the 72g in it and it flew great.

Here we go:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6&postcount=90
Last edited by grimbeaver; Aug 09, 2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: added link
Aug 09, 2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver
A few pages back someone said the prototype had the 72g in it and it flew great.

Here we go:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6&postcount=90
That's Wamsy - a 3DHS team pilot. He broke the prototype's wood wing spar on a 72g in the air, if I read correctly. So it should have enough power depending on your tastes. Of course, I also read they have a carbon fiber wing spar now. So, it's going to take at least a 103g to do whatever he did and get the same result.
Aug 09, 2012, 01:31 PM
Wth, ups is always to my house by 12:15 at the latest. Its now 1:30 and still not there! Grrr
Aug 09, 2012, 01:45 PM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One.
Hmm... Gens Ace 25C 1800s are short like their 1550s, a few grams lighter than the Sky 1600s and... out of stock. I'll have to keep an eye out for those.
For 50 cents more you can get the glacier 30c 1800 that comes with deans and the ab clip. I am not sure if they are the same size and shape as the gens but i know that my 6s 3300 30c glaciers have been performing well. 5c charge rate is nice too http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=358
Aug 09, 2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
For 50 cents more you can get the glacier 30c 1800 that comes with deans and the ab clip. I am not sure if they are the same size and shape as the gens but i know that my 6s 3300 30c glaciers have been performing well. 5c charge rate is nice too http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=358
The size was my hesitation. I don't have too much electric yet and if they didn't fit they would be sitting on a shelf as wasted money. I don't know why he doesn't get the spec filled in on the rest of the line. I think he's really busy rebuilding the whole site or something.
Aug 09, 2012, 02:30 PM
Got my EDGE!! UPS must have just gotten here right before i got home. took a late lunch. got my servos in the mail too. yes they smell like new electronics really bad! lol.
I made an unboxing video real quick about 5 minutes long and then also a short video showing batteries being fit into it and how that all pans out for me with 3 different sizes I have on hand. I am uploading the battery video now, but i think it will take longer to finish uploading then I have for lunch. its in HD. I should have it on here tonight along with the unboxing video showing the parts up close for you all. nice looking plane. cant wait to try it! Never had a EPP plane before. different.
Aug 09, 2012, 02:37 PM
I just saw a tiny hole area in the foam right over the spar in the wing, so I took a tiny screwdriver and pulled the hole open a tad more to try and see if it was a carbon spare or wood, and i see layers of wood and its brown, so i am saying its a wood spar, not carbon.
Aug 09, 2012, 03:02 PM
Interesting. Not what I heard but sometimes that happens. Good luck with the build tonight!

It looks like more storms are going to roll in just as I'm leaving work and will clear out shortly after its too dark to fly.
Aug 09, 2012, 03:24 PM
Where are you park aviator? Thought you were flying today? You been gone all day flying?

Quick Reply