Oct 01, 2012, 02:42 AM
PA team pilot
hi guys.

Hiya Nickelbn.. i was thinking about your conclusion about bendy ailerons being part of the unresponsive ailerons.. if they are being blown back by the air, the in ner part which is still fully deflected at 35 degrees should roll the plane pretty well still. so I don't think it is part of the problem. Many people are having no probs at all with the edge - the ailerons being too thin and bendy has been ruled out IMO. There's got to be something else wrong if the ailerons have zero authority at 50% throttle.
.... Your choice, though, that you're done continuing.. you've been at it a while. Best of luck with the EF plane when you get it.. sounds great. I'm almost finished the KMX build.. check out some of the flight vids for it (youtube, precisionaerobatics.com).. UNBELIEVABLE!! check out the bandit too if you're looking to compare the EF edge with it's competitors.. the bandit is about the sexiest plane ever made IMO.

Chopper.. I don't think it's helpful telling people to throw away their planes.. you called it a piece of ... have you seen this little plane hard at it? it's awesome.. lots of guys at the field want one now. doesn't that speak for itself? I don't know how you could bin a plane that you couldn't get to fly right, and want to post a bad review of it on 3dhs site, while you know and have seen others out there flying it SUPERBLY.. wouldn't you want to question your setup and want to find out what isn't working properly first? this plane is not very complex.. VERY straightforward build. or should be anyway

JSSmith's post seems like a polite and diplomatic was of saying that if you set this plane up properly I'll fly perfectly. I agree
Last edited by Natesh; Oct 01, 2012 at 03:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2012, 03:53 AM
Flew my replacement plane this weekend (Omega 103g, HS 65MGs, straightened wing, and no extra hinges). I have to admit, I'm not taking good care of it as I promised.

Windy Day Flying with my 3DHS 40" EPP Edge 540 (5 min 8 sec)

Sunday fun with my 3DHS 40" EPP Edge 540 (5 min 38 sec)
Oct 01, 2012, 06:29 AM
PA team pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy90277
Flew my replacement plane this weekend (Omega 103g, HS 65MGs, straightened wing, and no extra hinges). I have to admit, I'm not taking good care of it as I promised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-LJNAfe0h0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P27gmuQhbxM
nice flying! it's fun in the wind too hey.

I've not been taking care of my second one either! it's so tempting to spend a lot of time a foot off the ground.. so I've repaired a SFG a few times and foam safe CA'd a wing tip back on.. oops. I did almost a whole battery in low inverted harrier the other day. really fun.

I did my first one roll loop today in the edge.. worked VERY well with the edge ..seems all sorts of rolling tricks are great.. I like how it's easy in this one to transition from rolling harrier to torque roll with nothing but a tiny bit of extra throttle.
Oct 01, 2012, 09:19 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Teshiecat, when you keep making statements about how straightforward and easy this plane is to set up you are only making those of us who have had problems or are having problems feel that much dumber. You are essentially saying "we are just that dumb" if we are having problems. And i do not believe everyone on here who has had problems is that dumb.
Last edited by nickelbn1; Oct 01, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
Oct 01, 2012, 10:25 AM
"Get off the runway!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1
Teshiecat, when you keep making statements about hoe straightforward and easy this plane is to set up you are only making those of us who gave had problems or are having problems feel that much dumber. You are essentially saying "we are just that dumb" if we are having problems. And i do not believe everyone on here who has haf problems is that dumb.
Teshiecat is one of the few out there that is completely happy with this pos plane. A 3DHS plant?
Oct 01, 2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Big_G
Teshiecat is one of the few out there that is completely happy with this pos plane. A 3DHS plant?
No not a Plant, Sorry to disappoint you. Just someone who enjoys the plane.
Oct 01, 2012, 11:39 AM
"Get off the runway!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285
No not a Plant, Sorry to disappoint you. Just someone who enjoys the plane.
Not dissapointed at all. Actually, I have a couple of hundred flights on mine. I enjoy it between the required wing twists.
Oct 01, 2012, 02:36 PM
I enjoy mine but I don't fly it fast, I have bigger nitro planes for that.
Oct 01, 2012, 03:13 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Quote:
Not dissapointed at all. Actually, I have a couple of hundred flights on mine. I enjoy it between the required wing twists.
You just called this a pos plane and then said you have flown it a hundred times and enjoy it???
Oct 01, 2012, 03:18 PM
Fly Low Fly Fast
Man, all this negative talk is bumming me out before my edge has arrived. I understand this is EPP but c'mon, way more than I'd like to hear.
I guess I won't be able to do high speed passes like I did in my 41" buck huck.
Oct 01, 2012, 03:54 PM
"Get off the runway!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1
You just called this a pos plane and then said you have flown it a hundred times and enjoy it???
Currently it's the only plane small enough to fly at home. My statement stands.
Oct 01, 2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven
Man, all this negative talk is bumming me out before my edge has arrived. I understand this is EPP but c'mon, way more than I'd like to hear.
Sure you will
You'll even be able to turn it too.
Oct 01, 2012, 04:06 PM
"Get off the runway!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven
Sorry...but if 3DHS was honest, they would have allowed reviews on this plane, and you would have been able read the reviews and make a confident decision. The plane is fine if you correct the wing twist every so often. I found out the hard way coming out of a split S over some trees. The ailerons were ineffective turning to the left. The tree stopped my plane. Maybe you will get one of the "perfect" ones.
Oct 01, 2012, 04:45 PM
Fly Low Fly Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285
Sure you will
You'll even be able to turn it too.
hmmm
Quote:
Sorry...but if 3DHS was honest, they would have allowed reviews on this plane, and you would have been able read the reviews and make a confident decision. The plane is fine if you correct the wing twist every so often. I found out the hard way coming out of a split S over some trees. The ailerons were ineffective turning to the left. The tree stopped my plane. Maybe you will get one of the "perfect" ones.
Hopefully I will. If not, I won't mind having to correct the wing twist. But still, It'd be nice if 3DHS planned on fixing the issue.
Oct 01, 2012, 04:51 PM
Quote:
I finished mine yesterday and couldn't determine much if any twist. My chop sticks didn't line up perfect but within a half inch and that could have been from not being able to set them both exactly the same way on each wingtip. There is a slight visual curve up in one wingtip leading edge but it is so slight I hate to mess with it until I fly it as I might make it worse the other way. I will be interested to see how it flys Wednesday Am (next opp with no wind) but I am pretty confident mine is OK.???

Quick Reply