Sep 05, 2012, 10:14 AM
Even a "hey we are sorry for your trouble, here is a one time 10% off coupon." I mean they have sales just about every month anyways. But I would see it as a token of appreciation for being a loyal customer. They can run their business however they want, but I can take my business where ever I want.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2012, 10:34 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Kind of like this one....

http://secure.hobbyzone.com/index/in.../GPMA1572.html
Sep 05, 2012, 10:38 AM
"Get off the runway!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1
Yes, and a good price.
Sep 05, 2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Big_G
Yes, and a good price.
I thought so too for a "50 plane. I will definitely keep it in mind.
Sep 05, 2012, 10:55 AM
I think the 47 shp and this electrifly edge are in going to fly worlds apart. Trust me the 41 edge, 42 slick, 47 shp will all exceed your expectations (and out fly anthing from hobbyzone).
Sep 05, 2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalpain
I think the 47 shp and this electrifly edge are in going to fly worlds apart. Trust me the 41 edge, 42 slick, 47 shp will all exceed your expectations (and out fly anthing from hobbyzone).
Dont mean to doubt you but how can you tell that the electrifly wont fly as well? I was comparing it to the 48" edge from 3dhs
Sep 05, 2012, 11:03 AM
inverted-i-fly
it won't, I had the great planes edge, it flys nothing like the 3dhs edge, post stall was horrendous
Sep 05, 2012, 11:20 AM
Good to know. So, what other companies make good 3d balsa planes then that you all recommend??
Sep 05, 2012, 11:29 AM
Team Twisted!
Extreme Flight
Sep 05, 2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
Extreme Flight
I was just looking at them. And precision aerobatics maybe?
Sep 05, 2012, 11:38 AM
Team Twisted!
Eh I'm not much of a PA fan. You can just tell from the videos they don't fly like 3DHS or EF planes. PA planes just don't look like they have well rounded performance. One trick pony if you will
Sep 05, 2012, 11:40 AM
For those who care to fix their wing problem, when I say you need to be firm on untwisting the wing, it means you need to twist until you hear a glue joint or two give way (popping or crackling). If you're too soft with it, you just deform the foam and it will eventually come back to it's original shape if the tension in the glue joints aren't relieved. The reference point that's been discussed is the carbon fiber rail that's exposed when the canopy is off. The wingtip centerline needs to be parallel to that rail. It's best to use a straight edge attachment like a carbon fiber strip on the wingtip so you can check if it is completely in line with that rail - can't do it with chopsticks which are curved.

The amount of negative energy being expended on this issue is nonsensical IMHO. It's like constantly complaining about tripping over your shoelaces rather than taking the time to tie them right. Sure, someone at the factory should have made those shoelaces so they don't come undone, but it is what it is - deal with it and move on.

It's ironic that the folks who put the most weight on the 3DHS mystique are the ones who complain the most. I happen to really like 3DHS planes, but I in no way think each and every one of their planes are perfect or should/could be. That's the nature of this hobby - even if it were made perfect, someone will try a different configuration that will make it less so. If you've had a few builds under your belt (think I am over 30 now and counting with a whole host of different companies from HK, Tower, 3DHS, EF, Twisted, Horizon, Dynam, Multiplex, etc.), I think you'll find 3 companies (at least that I know of) that are head and shoulders above the rest (3DHS, EF, and Twisted Hobbys). Even with those three, you'll find something to aggravate you during the build or in the process of flying them - it's just the number of things that you find will be a lot less than the other companies. How much you enjoy your planes in light of those aggravating things is up to you and what you choose to dwell on. My $0.02, of course, and you know what they say about opinions.
Sep 05, 2012, 11:48 AM
Amen Jboy. No one makes a perfect plane. If you bought an EPP 3D plane and expected extreme speed out of it that's your own fault. I've got the Omega 72g and if I'm just doing "sport" flying with it I rarely exceed half throttle and it flies fine. Yes if I kick the throttle some roll eventually kicks in, what do you expect it's foam, it flexes, it's not perfect.
Sep 05, 2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy90277
For those who care to fix their wing problem, when I say you need to be firm on untwisting the wing, it means you need to twist until you hear a glue joint or two give way (popping or crackling). If you're too soft with it, you just deform the foam and it will eventually come back to it's original shape if the tension in the glue joints aren't relieved. The reference point that's been discussed is the carbon fiber rail that's exposed when the canopy is off. The wingtip centerline needs to be parallel to that rail. It's best to use a straight edge attachment like a carbon fiber strip on the wingtip so you can check if it is completely in line with that rail - can't do it with chopsticks which are curved.

The amount of negative energy being expended on this issue is nonsensical IMHO. It's like constantly complaining about tripping over your shoelaces rather than taking the time to tie them right. Sure, someone at the factory should have made those shoelaces so they don't come undone, but it is what it is - deal with it and move on.

It's ironic that the folks who put the most weight on the 3DHS mystique are the ones who complain the most. I happen to really like 3DHS planes, but I in no way think each and every one of their planes are perfect or should/could be. That's the nature of this hobby - even if it were made perfect, someone will try a different configuration that will make it less so. If you've had a few builds under your belt (think I am over 30 now and counting with a whole host of different companies from HK, Tower, 3DHS, EF, Twisted, Horizon, Dynam, Multiplex, etc.), I think you'll find 3 companies (at least that I know of) that are head and shoulders above the rest (3DHS, EF, and Twisted Hobbys). Even with those three, you'll find something to aggravate you during the build or in the process of flying them - it's just the number of things that you find will be a lot less than the other companies. How much you enjoy your planes in light of those aggravating things is up to you and what you choose to dwell on. My $0.02, of course, and you know what they say about opinions.
If I could fix this wing issue and easy as you and some others say, I would not be complaining, but I have tried what you just suggested and I heard the "popping" sound from the glue breaking and my wing still went back to being twisted after sitting a week and still rolls right hard. even at 50% throttle. you cant fly this plane and do stunts without a crash surely happening very soon. Eventually that roll will do you in at the wrong time. As several have said on here, its not even so much the plane having this problem, its how they are handling it. not even a sorry, not a discount off a new plane, nothing. Their other planes may be the best thing out there, but I am simply talking about customer service and taking care of your customers. Horizon has shown me time and time again they will take care of me and I have never had an issue with any of their airframes. They are top notch in my opinion. They just dont sell a whole lot of 3D balsa planes or I would just stick with them. ok, there is my opinion, just like yours.
Sep 05, 2012, 12:21 PM
Well nickelbn1 it sounds like your's is the exception and is actually really really bad. So do what you have to do, tell them send you a fresh wing (or kit) or accept a return or you will have to dispute the charge with your credit card company.

Quick Reply