Official: Jeti 14/16/24 2.4GHz Duplex Radio & Telemetry Systems, Firmware Updates - Page 501 - RC Groups
Feb 05, 2014, 05:02 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by La jetguy
Zb. I got # 7500
But since Zb can moderate this thread, that might all if a sudden change
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2014, 05:11 PM
Jeti USA Flight Team
It was a coincidence. I'm flying my jet today Beautiful LA weather and noticed the thread count Enjoying my BVM jet equipped with state of the art Jeti system
Feb 05, 2014, 05:14 PM
Jeti USA Flight Team
Here it is:
Feb 05, 2014, 06:49 PM
Who put the rug on the wall?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Look like are Phone Lines are down for almost whole day, this never happened before. So peaceful.

Zb/Esprit Model
Eeek, no wonder I could not place my order for 10 carbon DS-16s and 20 CB 400s.
Feb 05, 2014, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Here it is:
Hey no offense but shouldn't you name be El jet guy as El is masculine and La is feminine?

Same weather here in Norcal. Slight 1-4 mph kiss right down the centerline. Sunny and perfect.
Feb 05, 2014, 08:09 PM
Jeti USA Flight Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasanjohn
Hey no offense but shouldn't you name be El jet guy as El is masculine and La is feminine?

Same weather here in Norcal. Slight 1-4 mph kiss right down the centerline. Sunny and perfect.
the La stands for LA (Los Angeles)..
Feb 05, 2014, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Sorry not the feet, but rubber grips. if it does not fit you have to remove the feet. Do not worry the tray has silicone ones.

Zb/Esprit Model
ZB,

I played around after what you suggested and managed to eliminate a lot of the bow. Still there but very little. I can live with it.

Whats more important is that I have flown without a tray for years. This is my 1st tray and what a difference it has made to how comfortable I now feel when flying.

I am very happy with it.

Thanks,

Stan .
Feb 05, 2014, 10:15 PM
Quote:
the La stands for LA (Los Angeles)..
I figured, just whacked out on triple espresso shots so thought I would stir the pot a bit.
Feb 06, 2014, 01:15 AM
VicRC
Quote:
It was a coincidence. I'm flying my jet today Beautiful LA weather and noticed the thread count Enjoying my BVM jet equipped with state of the art Jeti system
Was that you flying the white F16? It certainly was a nice day! I was there today to try the Jeti for the first time. I kind screwed up and set too much throws on the ailerons on my Lavochkin LA-7 and to make matters worst I forced a landing and it went further than the runway....

I should have used my Seafury instead that had 30+ flights instead of the LA-7 that has only 2 fights on it and I was still working out some bugs. I should have noted down the surface travels before changing radios.

Also, I did logged some temps on my Zenoah GT80 and it never got over 190 degrees on any cylinder. Will slowly lean it out as I get more flights on the motor. Telemetry is awesome on the Jeti! and visualizing the log immediately after flights is priceless!
Last edited by fw190; Feb 06, 2014 at 01:36 AM.
Feb 06, 2014, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yak55
I purchased a duplex tray for my DS 16.The two longer standoffs of the 4 I placed at the bottom end of the tray.
The bottom end of the board now has a curvature to it that is quite noticeable. The tray is hanging up on the bottom feet of the transmitter.I would prefer to not remove the feet.

Anyone having the same problem, if so did you do anything to correct it? I would hate to see the plastic crack.

Thanks,

Stan
After looking at the photo, it appears that the shorter standoffs should be at the bottom of your tray, with the longer ones at the top.

The bottom standoffs need to be shorter, in order to compensate for the thickness of the harness brackets.

You shouldn't have to do anything to your Tx, in order for it to fit into a properly designed Tx tray..............
Last edited by davemilw07; Feb 06, 2014 at 10:34 AM.
Feb 06, 2014, 11:26 AM
Jeti USA Flight Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by fw190
Was that you flying the white F16? It certainly was a nice day! I was there today to try the Jeti for the first time. I kind screwed up and set too much throws on the ailerons on my Lavochkin LA-7 and to make matters worst I forced a landing and it went further than the runway....

I should have used my Seafury instead that had 30+ flights instead of the LA-7 that has only 2 fights on it and I was still working out some bugs. I should have noted down the surface travels before changing radios.

Also, I did logged some temps on my Zenoah GT80 and it never got over 190 degrees on any cylinder. Will slowly lean it out as I get more flights on the motor. Telemetry is awesome on the Jeti! and visualizing the log immediately after flights is priceless!
Hi Vic... yes that was me but not F16.. it was a BVM Bandit MKII in thunderbird scheme... I think I saw you.. Next time please come over and say hello. Im usually camped at the north end of the field...

David
Feb 06, 2014, 12:51 PM
VicRC
Quote:
Hi Vic... yes that was me but not F16.. it was a BVM Bandit MKII in thunderbird scheme... I think I saw you.. Next time please come over and say hello. Im usually camped at the north end of the field...

David
Well darn it you could have helped me press them darn trim buttons. LOL

Anyways I did not realized how to properly set the servo limits using max pos/neg and max pos/neg limit till last night. I was wondering why my airplane was all over the place and very sensitive. I searched the forums and could not find any good info.

I set the max pos/neg limits but I did nothing to the max pos/neg values. So the surface movements were basically reverse expo, I get full travel on the each control surface before the stick gets to the extreme ends. Coming from a different brand this is very new to me. Looks like I have much to learn!
Feb 06, 2014, 01:08 PM
Jeti USA Flight Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by fw190
Well darn it you could have helped me press them darn trim buttons. LOL

Anyways I did not realized how to properly set the servo limits using max pos/neg and max pos/neg limit till last night. I was wondering why my airplane was all over the place and very sensitive. I searched the forums and could not find any good info.

I set the max pos/neg limits but I did nothing to the max pos/neg values. So the surface movements were basically reverse expo, I get full travel on the each control surface before the stick gets to the extreme ends. Coming from a different brand this is very new to me. Looks like I have much to learn!
Vic.. you can always email me for help at "davids@cpmusa.com".. I'm about 35 min away from the field...

Once you set your travels I would suggest adjusting the rates and expo... make sure your expo doesn't have a negative (-) in fornt of them as it will make your sticks too sensitive around the center and less towards the ends.. as you have noticed.. In my experience the best resolution I was able to achieve is to have an expo (positive) which is 50% (or about) of the rate you set for a control surface.. Keep in mind that travel and rate are two different things.. you set travel in the servo screen and rates / expo in a different screen...

One note is that my experience is with Jets and not giant scale planes so you may have to adjust your expo as you feel comfortable..

David
Feb 06, 2014, 01:15 PM
LA Jetguy, I am looking to get a turbine. Are you limited to the flying site by AMA or the respective club?
Feb 06, 2014, 01:23 PM
Jeti USA Flight Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbasanjohn
LA Jetguy, I am looking to get a turbine. Are you limited to the flying site by AMA or the respective club?
You restriction would be flying at an AMA sanctioned event if you DO NOT have a turbine waiver... at our field a lot are flying turbines but only those with a waiver can fly during an event...