Official: Jeti 14/16/24 2.4GHz Duplex Radio & Telemetry Systems, Firmware Updates - Page 36 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Dec 12, 2012, 01:18 PM
Registered User
It may be time for a little professional help!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2012, 01:30 PM
Registered User
VinceHaworth's Avatar
can anyone expand on this feature;

1) Weather forecast w/Direct access to model selection

Is that a joke or is it an actual working feature?
Dec 12, 2012, 02:35 PM
Registered User
"I was at field the other day and saw Jeti and Hott guys sitting in the shade, drinking beer and arguing whether Jarka or Marlene can say "Poll Up, Poll up" with most sensible voice. Only Futaba guys were silently flying"

Dec 12, 2012, 03:22 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceHaworth
can anyone expand on this feature;

1) Weather forecast w/Direct access to model selection

Is that a joke or is it an actual working feature?
Great feature -- the radio has five different bikini models from which you select the one you like best and she presents the weather in the language of your choice. Much better than a Google translation. IMHO

Howard
Dec 12, 2012, 05:41 PM
fly by night
BCSaltchucker's Avatar
accelerometers - nice. I guess my DC16 won't have this yet (and maybe not so great for tray radio), but the accelerometers in the DS16 might be handy for controlling the camera pan and tilt for FPV flying for those of us not using headtracking goggles.
Dec 13, 2012, 02:02 PM
espritmodel.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
accelerometers - nice. I guess my DC16 won't have this yet (and maybe not so great for tray radio), but the accelerometers in the DS16 might be handy for controlling the camera pan and tilt for FPV flying for those of us not using headtracking goggles.
Yes that might be possible, assign channels to camera movement.

Zb/Esprit Model
Dec 13, 2012, 02:06 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan
Nice,
now I can move the multi with the sticks and gimbal by moving Tx ....

Perfect, won't need a 2nd guy.

Dec 13, 2012, 04:08 PM
Registered User
Kiba's Avatar
Zb: Can you post here and let us know when the new PPM firmware is finished and you ship the receivers? I have 2 R9's on hold waiting for the latest firmware so I can use them in my helis.

Also, is the 1.06.8 firmware for the TX available for download yet or is it a prerelease version that was installed on your DS16 sample?

Thanks!
Last edited by Kiba; Dec 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM.
Dec 13, 2012, 10:53 PM
Registered User
Zb - That radio is ridiculously awesome!!! I need to start saving some cash for it!
Dec 14, 2012, 12:57 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott323232
Zb - That radio is ridiculously awesome!!! I need to start saving some cash for it!
Get it while it's hot. After the pre-orders are out it jumps $200 and is not offered with a receiver like it is now.
Dec 14, 2012, 03:42 AM
Registered User
I'm going to attach a current sensor + gps sensor on the receiver that comes with the preorder DS-16 (EX R9). Do I need the Telemetry Expander for that?
Dec 14, 2012, 04:17 AM
Professional idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotto
I'm going to attach a current sensor + gps sensor on the receiver that comes with the preorder DS-16 (EX R9). Do I need the Telemetry Expander for that?
Yes. The only downside of Jeti over some others. You cannot daisy chain sensors. EU receivers have only one sensor port and expander is needed to multiplex several together (I saw nothing in photos to suggest US receivers were different).
Dec 14, 2012, 04:45 AM
Registered User
Re the DS 16,

What's would like to seems a way of stringing a series of text to speech messages together, consecetively playing them via a switch assigned to the tilt. Tilt right to play the next one, tilt left to replay the previous one, So I can use that function as a virtual caller for practicing unknown sequences in F3M.

I shouldn't be hard to add that feature to the programming.
Dec 14, 2012, 06:38 AM
Registered User
If using a GPS telemetry sensor, will the last position be shown on the transmitter if the signal is lost?

That would be useful when searching for a lost FPV craft.
Dec 14, 2012, 11:48 AM
73 de 2E0IUI
Superconductor's Avatar
Nice . Very classy radio.

I like it.