Official: Jeti 14/16/24 2.4GHz Duplex Radio & Telemetry Systems, Firmware Updates - Page 2312 - RC Groups
Jun 13, 2018, 05:59 AM
Late to the Jeti party, but now have a DS16 and loving it, but I do have a couple of hopefully simple questions;

1) Is anyone using their Jeti for F5J?
2) If so, how are you setting up your motors? I've been trying to figure out how to set the motor power options for "Full on- get me out of the start gaggle of sailplanes", and then being able to switch to 50% and 75% power for hunting thermals...so far, no luck. I currently use the 3-position switch (SE) as my normal/camber/reflex switch.
3) If someone has a sample of their programming, I would greatly appreciate getting a copy.

Thanks in advance,

Jean
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2018, 08:52 AM
Alan Brodie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Dorais
Late to the Jeti party, but now have a DS16 and loving it, but I do have a couple of hopefully simple questions;

1) Is anyone using their Jeti for F5J?
2) If so, how are you setting up your motors? I've been trying to figure out how to set the motor power options for "Full on- get me out of the start gaggle of sailplanes", and then being able to switch to 50% and 75% power for hunting thermals...so far, no luck. I currently use the 3-position switch (SE) as my normal/camber/reflex switch.
3) If someone has a sample of their programming, I would greatly appreciate getting a copy.

Thanks in advance,

Jean
End me a pm. I will supply you a template which you may find useful. Alan
Jun 13, 2018, 10:59 AM
Thanks Alan- PM sent
Jun 13, 2018, 01:04 PM
espritmodel.com
Few surprises for Father's Day, Limited Edition Jeti DS-24 2.4GHz/900MHz Carbon Fiber Painted radios systems.

Zb/Esprit

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...-editions.aspx

Jun 13, 2018, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Few surprises for Father's Day, Limited Edition Jeti DS-24 2.4GHz/900MHz Carbon Fiber Painted radios systems.

Zb/Esprit

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...-editions.aspx

Nice...
But you forgot to mention that customers can order these very cool pieces of eye candy from their favorite dealers too

AeroPanda
Chief Aircraft
F3A Unlimited
House of Power Hobbies

Please note: I apologize to any dealer I’ve forgotten
Jun 13, 2018, 10:59 PM
I have a DS16 and have been thinking about ordering a DS24. Saw the post about the custom colors, particularly the sunburst yellow DS24 and decided to order one. Then I read there is a $500 premium over a standard DS24. Yikes !
Last edited by Hoot; Jun 13, 2018 at 11:04 PM.
Jun 14, 2018, 12:09 AM
RC-Thoughts.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorh
. . . And remember, TeroS is a helicopter flyer. I bet he can be on the ground within five seconds of hearing the alarm. No waiting for the runway to be clear, fly a rectangular circuit - then overshoot and go around again. . .

Exactly, low rpm mode and land, fast action!
Jun 14, 2018, 03:44 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot
I have a DS16 and have been thinking about ordering a DS24. Saw the post about the custom colors, particularly the sunburst yellow DS24 and decided to order one. Then I read there is a $500 premium over a standard DS24. Yikes !
There is always the DIY option
It’s been done a couple of times in this thread by owners on -16’s
Jun 14, 2018, 04:49 AM
Quote:
I wanted a custom color at first but am very happy with the standard Titanium model, which is quite the chunk of change in itself.
Jun 14, 2018, 06:26 AM
Not Insane
My plain vanilla DS-16 continues to be the little engine that could. Color is nice, but I can't pay those prices. Dan
Jun 14, 2018, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath
My plain vanilla DS-16 continues to be the little engine that could. Color is nice, but I can't pay those prices. Dan
Agreed- when I'm flying, I'm not looking at my radio...and when I'm not flying, I'm still not looking at what colour my radio is!
Jun 14, 2018, 08:22 AM
Well some of us are willing to pay for it as with any hobby it does not have to be reasonable and rational (and yes I did remove the protective film from the screen)
Jun 14, 2018, 08:39 AM
Forever Tinkering w/ Stuff
I got the basic titanium DS-24. I'm not thrilled with its looks compared to the color carbon version. The extra money seem high back when I got it (+$300), but if I want to change now I have to take a hit on selling it and then pay the higher price for the new one (+800?).
So, I think it is better to get the one you really like up front.
Jun 14, 2018, 11:13 AM
I think when I got my burnt orange DC-24 the premium was $200 so I said why not.

Question for you all, I am looking to even out my battery usage throughout a flight (by some means other than counting on myself to not overdo the throttle). This is for IMAC.

I would like to start my flight with the throttle at say 90% of the range, and gradually increment it to 100% of the range over say five minutes.

Thanks for any ideas.

Dave
Last edited by Davegenet; Jun 14, 2018 at 11:57 AM.
Jun 14, 2018, 11:58 AM
Quote:
I paid extra for the carbon and the color and I’m glad I did. I figured I’d own it for at least the next 5 - 8 years, that’s a lot of time spent with it, a lot of time looking at it lol. Kinda like buying rims for a car, ya don’t need them and you can’t see them while driving, but every time you walk out to your car you’re like, damn that looks good!
Last edited by camss69; Jun 14, 2018 at 12:19 PM.

Quick Reply