Official: Jeti 14/16/24 2.4GHz Duplex Radio & Telemetry Systems, Firmware Updates - Page 101 - RC Groups
Apr 14, 2013, 09:33 PM
espritmodel.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick78
JetiBox Profi alarm with Mezon**

I am using a Profi with my 8FG until my DS16 is ready. Every now and then I will get an alarm that says "high current." I have the Mezon set to "no limit," but why does it throw this alarm? Is there somewhere I can go to see where to change the alarm?

On the Profi I have it selected for telemetry but there is no option to set an alarm limit... At least I don't know of one activated anywhere.

How do I alter this?
You have to go into sensor program and set the limits. Check the manual from the sensor.

Zb/Esprit Model
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2013, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
You have to go into sensor program and set the limits. Check the manual from the sensor.

Zb/Esprit Model
The sensor is in the Mezon. I don't see an option for that.
Apr 14, 2013, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvogel
Can you say more here? I agree with the no, you can't control a JR or Futaba RX from a Jeti radio -- how would you control a Jeti RX from some other radio? The protocols are different, so this is the first I'm hearing of this... Do you mean using a Jeti TX module with some other radio (of which, very few these days have modules)

Peter+
You would use a Jeti tx module on another radio that has removable modules such as a Hitec Aurora 9.
Apr 14, 2013, 11:57 PM
Professional idiot
Quote:
JetiBox Profi alarm with Mezon**

I am using a Profi with my 8FG until my DS16 is ready. Every now and then I will get an alarm that says "high current." I have the Mezon set to "no limit," but why does it throw this alarm? Is there somewhere I can go to see where to change the alarm?

On the Profi I have it selected for telemetry but there is no option to set an alarm limit... At least I don't know of one activated anywhere.

How do I alter this?
Given you are using the Profi box there are only two options. It plays samples based on either morse code alarms from the Mezon or internal events such as signal loss. Assuming you haven't got that sample playing for any other event you must have the current set in the Mezon.

Section 4.2 of the manual has the limit setup menu shown. One of the options is
Max batt current. Odds are you are exceeding this value and tripping the alarm.

The manual mentions having no limits as an option for capacity but not for current.
Apr 15, 2013, 12:43 AM
Thanks for chiming in, but the limit value is set to "no limit." Also, if there was a limit set every time it goes beyond the limit it would enter the cutoff mode. That is why I use "no limit." I don't want it to go into cutoff.
Apr 15, 2013, 12:53 AM
Professional idiot
Then you must have that sample set to play when some other event or alarm occurs. The Profi is dumb and just plays the selected sample when event occurs.

Go through the alarms on the Profi and see what sample plays for each. Only 26 morse code alarms from the sensor plus few internal events to scan through.
Apr 15, 2013, 12:55 AM
There is a sample in the alarm section of the Profi. What I am saying though is that there is no value associated with it. There is no option to change it from any amperage value whatsoever. It is either on or off. That's it.

Here is also a pic of my Mezon setting.

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366001711.879060.jpg
Views: 108
Size: 56.6 KB
Description:
Apr 15, 2013, 01:09 AM
I'm thinking this might be a firmware error.

The manual says:

Quote:
Max. batt Current Setting for the current protection. If the actual current draw exceeds the selected current value, the Mezon actively limits the current draw and the high current alarm is activated.
The problem is that when it is set to "no limit" it throws the alarm any time I go over 100 amps. One step down from "no limit" is 120 amps. So... I'm thinking maybe there is an error which is causing it to announce the alarm erroneously (since it shouldn't be limited)?

I changed my setting to 120 to see what happens. I won't get to fly for another week though due to work requirements.
Apr 15, 2013, 01:23 AM
Team JetiUSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
This video is in french but it shows clearly that when you put two Rx seperate from one an other and that you unplug one of them, the antenna reading on one of the antenna is gone. This would suggest that there is some sort of communication between th Tx and Rx

http://www.dailymotion.com/fouga44#video=xxkti1
That's exactly what I was saying. The telemetry data about antenna signal strength is the strength of the TX signal as received by the RX.

Peter+
Apr 15, 2013, 02:37 AM
Professional idiot
Quote:
There is a sample in the alarm section of the Profi. What I am saying though is that there is no value associated with it. There is no option to change it from any amperage value whatsoever. It is either on or off. That's it.

Here is also a pic of my Mezon setting.

Attachment 5701936
The Profi box has no values for alarms. The Mezon simply generates a morse code value. The Profi then has a sample associated with it. Very possibly an error if the alarm is being triggered.

The only option being that you have that sound sample associated with some other event in the Profi box.
Apr 15, 2013, 03:52 AM
Ok. Hopefully not a problem with the DS-16 when it arrives...
Apr 15, 2013, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Ok. Hopefully not a problem with the DS-16 when it arrives...
speaking of which... can we get an update as to when the DS-16's will start shipping?
Apr 15, 2013, 02:29 PM
Is there a protective film over the finishing of the dc16?

Thanks,
Le fou
Last edited by le fou; Apr 15, 2013 at 02:34 PM.
Apr 15, 2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
You would use a Jeti tx module on another radio that has removable modules such as a Hitec Aurora 9.
Just like Seasick 78 said
Apr 15, 2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by le fou
Is there a protective film over the finishing of the dc16?

Thanks,
Le fou
No there is not, you can get protector for the screen though.

I don't think it needs it. But you can always go for full protection withhttp://www.raydiowarm.com/