Official: Jeti 14/16/24 2.4GHz Duplex Radio & Telemetry Systems, Firmware Updates - Page 1001 - RC Groups
May 18, 2015, 05:55 AM
Suspended Account
Last edited by Electromagnetic; May 18, 2015 at 11:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2015, 06:06 AM
Please stop repeating this over and over again. Surely you must have asked yourself why you find yourself in a minority of one? Reminds me of the soldier who complained that everybody was out of step but him!
May 18, 2015, 06:47 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Ignore feature working perfectly.
The only issue is when people reply using quotes....I wonder if Jeti can fix that next
May 18, 2015, 06:54 AM
Maybe Jeti can also bring out a feature to completely fly the bird for EM ... since he seems to not even understand how to use his equipment safely, without it doing it for him Features are nice ... but come on ... it still boils down to the pilot has to be safety minded all the time .If you are that accident prone ... you probably better think about another hobby !!!!!!
May 18, 2015, 07:16 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorh
Please stop repeating this over and over again. Surely you must have asked yourself why you find yourself in a minority of one? Reminds me of the soldier who complained that everybody was out of step but him!
If you would have read my last post you would not have needed to reply to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
Ignore feature working perfectly.
The only issue is when people reply using quotes....I wonder if Jeti can fix that next
Thanks for ignoring me, could you also not reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v22chap
Maybe Jeti can also bring out a feature to completely fly the bird for EM ... since he seems to not even understand how to use his equipment safely, without it doing it for him Features are nice ... but come on ... it still boils down to the pilot has to be safety minded all the time .If you are that accident prone ... you probably better think about another hobby !!!!!!
I am safety minded all the time, hence my idea to revise the Throttle Lock function. I do understand how to use my equipment safely, make no assuming comments about my comprehension skills. I have never had an accident or even a crash. It is funny how you say "it still boils down to the pilot has to be safety minded all the time", that is what I said in reply to others saying that my idea could potentially be dangerous, which it wouldn't be likely unless a pilot was completely incompetent, in which case nothing can control that anyway. How about pilots with radios that have no Throttle Cut or any other safety features? How do they manage to keep their fingers? Okay so now I would like to move on so hopefully any further condescending posts will cease.
May 18, 2015, 07:32 AM
Electro, could you quote the manual again? I did not catch it yet.
May 18, 2015, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAyThaRevo
Electro, could you quote the manual again? I did not catch it yet.
Guys, don't get drawn into this, do a little research on the following user names:

Victory Pete
Stevenjohnsen

Then check the link below:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1#post28684872

Just treat him like any other user, answer if he asks a question by all means, just don't get sucked into debates as it just leads to frustration and good people leaving this site for bad reasons.

If you want to avoid reading his posts then just use the 'ignore' function, it is for the best in the end.
May 18, 2015, 08:16 AM

Official Info: Jeti 2.4GHz Duplex Radio & Telemetry Systems, Firmware Updates….

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electromagnetic
Your example could still be done with my idea, with no hazardous consequences. Now in your example, which you say is the only purpose of Throttle Lock, where would the stick be set when enabled? Off? When would anyone want the throttle stick to be high and then enable Throttle Lock? BTW the online manual does not seem to have been edited, Jeti's description remains unchanged, and if you read it it clearly describes it in the way I want to use it. It seems people have their definite idea about what Throttle Lock is meant for, so I am going to move on, to each his own. I would just appreciate that any scolding and insults would cease. Just for reference, here is Jeti's description one last time:

Again, trying to lawyer the manual with complete disregard for the real world and demonstrating you haven't read anyone's explanations nor experimented like others have and been "horrified" as they were.

It's frankly hilarious that you say the only reason your change would be dangerous is if one was incompetent, yet are asking for it because you are too incompetent to use the existing features (at least 3 of which are already available in stock form before adding logic and sequencing) correctly, and YOU let your model start on you... not the radio.

I'm done explaining... my last post. All the explanations are here now... especially in my first post. You just don't want to hear them.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

http://youarenotsosmart.com/2011/06/...ckfire-effect/
May 18, 2015, 08:31 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyness
Again, trying to lawyer the manual with complete disregard for the real world and demonstrating you haven't read anyone's explanations nor experimented like others have and been "horrified" as they were.

It's frankly hilarious that you say the only reason your change would be dangerous is if one was incompetent, yet are asking for it because you are too incompetent to use the existing features (at least 3 of which are already available in stock form before adding logic and sequencing) correctly, and YOU let your model start on you... not the radio.

I'm done explaining... my last post. All the explanations are here now... especially in my first post. You just don't want to hear them.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

http://youarenotsosmart.com/2011/06/...ckfire-effect/
I am glad it is your last post, mine was supposed to be a couple ago. I am not incompetent, I have been using Throttle Cut and Preflight Warnings for years. When I started with a DX6i I used a rubber band wrapped around the Throttle and the trainer switch. I have never had a motor start up on me by accident.
May 18, 2015, 08:40 AM
As a new member of the Jeti group I have to say that I really do find a significant difference to the jets system vs. other commercial radio's. I changed from Spektrum (which I still think is a good radio) but the Jeti is like comparing a Ferrari to a Corvette, both great but you certainly purchase them for very different reasons, and they have their own benefits.

For a newbie to Jeti, the touch of the system when flying is enough for me to change. The flexibility to evolve the radio and grow with the skills and new requirements is awesome. I won't be buying another radio to achieve the capability I would grow into.

I am really impressed for the short time/usage of the radio. A bit to get used to with the new terms, etc.
May 18, 2015, 09:40 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by almondsaz
As a new member of the Jeti group I have to say that I really do find a significant difference to the jets system vs. other commercial radio's. I changed from Spektrum (which I still think is a good radio) but the Jeti is like comparing a Ferrari to a Corvette, both great but you certainly purchase them for very different reasons, and they have their own benefits.

For a newbie to Jeti, the touch of the system when flying is enough for me to change. The flexibility to evolve the radio and grow with the skills and new requirements is awesome. I won't be buying another radio to achieve the capability I would grow into.

I am really impressed for the short time/usage of the radio. A bit to get used to with the new terms, etc.
Congratulations on your Jeti purchase. It certainly is a fantastic system. I agree it takes bit to get used to, especially coming from Spektrum. What model did you get?
May 18, 2015, 11:00 AM
espritmodel.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by almondsaz

And the most awesome thing is that we are just scratching surface of all the possibilities. We talked to tons of people at the Joe Nall, the amount of user implemented ideas was just incredible.

I specifically liked one, use male voice to count your speed when increasing and female voice when your landing speed is decreasing, this way you can clearly recognize your landing speed when using MSpeed jeti Telemetry sensor.

Zb/Esprit Model
May 18, 2015, 11:32 AM
I love my Jeti radio and reading posts on this forum about this radio by reasonable people. There are a number of you that are just as bad as EM because you are still responding to him. If people don't stop responding to him or he is not bared from this forum I am out of here.
May 18, 2015, 11:35 AM

Official Info: Jeti 2.4GHz Duplex Radio & Telemetry Systems, Firmware Updates….

Quote:
I have never had a motor start up on me by accident.

Quote:
I do use Throttle Cut, but the switch can be accidentally hit like it did to me this weekend.

Oh?

Ok. I'm done. Low hanging fruit. Couldn't help it. Apologies everyone. You are right. I'll ignore. Certain things can't be fixed.
May 18, 2015, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Congratulations on your Jeti purchase. It certainly is a fantastic system. I agree it takes bit to get used to, especially coming from Spektrum. What model did you get?
I got the DS-14 Army edition and upgraded the channels and some other elements already. Even to do the upgrades was easy. I am also using the R9 receivers. Purchased a couple of the MUI 50A telemetry units, haven't installed them yet.