Apr 11, 2013, 07:12 AM
Professional idiot
We've been here before. Jeti quoted figures show varying range. Not all EU & ROW receivers are full range.

When Esprit says they are all full range they mean the US receivers. The EU R5i & US R5i are different receivers.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2013, 09:32 AM
Thread OP
Yes at this time we are talking about US receivers (They all work worldwide). But in next few months all Jeti Duplex 2.4GHz line will be unified, except couple of the items.

Zb/Esprit Model
Apr 11, 2013, 10:01 AM
Michael

Time Date "Bug"?

I have the current release on my DC-16 Tx, but, when using the USB connection to copy one of my models, I noticed that that the time/date stamp was way off.

I did unplug the Tx battery, yesterday, while making a switch change - per Jeti recommendation. Does that cause the loss of time/date info?

Thanks.

Michael
Apr 11, 2013, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
The Christmas is coming much earlier this year. We think this should be very good flying season.

Zb/Esprit Model
just checking to see if any have arrived yet for us that ordered in december
Apr 11, 2013, 07:43 PM
Jim H
Nope, still waiting.
Apr 11, 2013, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceHaworth
The downlink power is only 6 dBm with the R4 R5 R5i R6i R7i. As a consequence you will get the 'out of range' warning at a shorter distance compared to the R6 & R8. The greater receiver sensitivity of the R6 & R8 will also give you 'real' increased control range.
I'm confused Are the "signal strength" numbers that appear on the JetiBox the strength of the tx signal received at the model, or the strength of the telemetry signal received at the tx? I thought the former (unlike Futaba, which is definitely the latter).

I'm guessing from the above that the "out of range" warning is triggered when the tx looses the telemetry signal?

Someone put me straight!

Jony
Apr 11, 2013, 11:31 PM
Professional idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonyEpsilon
I'm confused Are the "signal strength" numbers that appear on the JetiBox the strength of the tx signal received at the model, or the strength of the telemetry signal received at the tx? I thought the former (unlike Futaba, which is definitely the latter).

I'm guessing from the above that the "out of range" warning is triggered when the tx looses the telemetry signal?

Someone put me straight!

Jony
The signal strength is based on the telemetry link back to the TX. Different receivers have different output power.
Apr 11, 2013, 11:36 PM
Professional idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake6515
I have the current release on my DC-16 Tx, but, when using the USB connection to copy one of my models, I noticed that that the time/date stamp was way off.

I did unplug the Tx battery, yesterday, while making a switch change - per Jeti recommendation. Does that cause the loss of time/date info?

Thanks.

Michael
I've had this a couple of times. Once was when I did a software update and I have no idea what I was doing the other time (but it wasn't unplugging the battery).

I usually spot it as the main screen shows the time (I don't wear a watch so it gets used).
Apr 12, 2013, 02:21 AM
Hi,

since 1.07.1 sofware the changing TIME/Date should be gone. But if doing an update or unplug TX batterie this could happen.

Nor problem so far

Regards

Test
Apr 12, 2013, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonyEpsilon

Someone put me straight!

Jony
Hi,

signal strength indicated with the digits from 0 to 9 is the signal received from the receiver. You can also use the Jeti Box, step to the receiver menu and read these numbers there.

The warning from the TU-module is normaly triggered from the loss of the telemetry.

gecko
Apr 12, 2013, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko_749
signal strength indicated with the digits from 0 to 9 is the signal received from the receiver. You can also use the Jeti Box, step to the receiver menu and read these numbers there.

The warning from the TU-module is normaly triggered from the loss of the telemetry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms
The signal strength is based on the telemetry link back to the TX. Different receivers have different output power.
I see, so it's not a true RSSI at the receiver. Seems like an odd choice, but I guess it works.

And so does that mean that in range test mode - as the numbers on the JetiBox go down - that it's actually reducing both the Tx power and the Rx's telemetry transmit power?

Jony
Apr 12, 2013, 06:33 AM
Professional idiot
Range test should be a reduction in transmit power. When the receiver loses signal it goes into failsafe. Whether the telemetry link is working is immaterial.

I guess however that when the receiver is receiving nothing from the TX that is stops sending telemetry. No reduction in telemetry power required. In fact you want it to be stronger :-)
Apr 12, 2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms
Range test should be a reduction in transmit power. When the receiver loses signal it goes into failsafe. Whether the telemetry link is working is immaterial.

I guess however that when the receiver is receiving nothing from the TX that is stops sending telemetry. No reduction in telemetry power required. In fact you want it to be stronger :-)
That's not quite what I meant. What I mean is, the signal strength numbers on the JetiBox do go down when you put the transmitter in to range test mode (this is using the Profi box as a tx module). On the face of it, that would suggest that the numbers are a measurement of the tx signal received by the rx.

But, if it's true that the numbers actually represent the strength of the telemetry signal, then there must be something tricky going on in range test mode, namely that rx knows about the range test, and reduces it's output power accordingly.

Also, thinking about the fact that the signal strength numbers appear in the Rx's jetibox screen (i.e. not the ex telemetry, but the old duplex telemetry): the JetiBox is just a dumb-terminal that displays whatever the rx sends it. So this would again suggest that the numbers, at least in the JetiBox screen have to be tx signal strength at the rx, not rx signal at the tx.

Are you chaps sure that it works the way you say it does?!

Jony
Apr 12, 2013, 09:09 AM
The jetibox has two different antenna readings, which also suggests that the strength is the signal strength at the RX.

Or does the Jetibox have two antennas for receiving telemetry data?
Apr 12, 2013, 11:54 AM
Professional idiot
2 Antennas which implies it is the signal strength received at the receiver. Old TX modules only have one antenna but reported two signal strengths.

I have to say I don't look at telemetry when range checking. I just ensure that the model as not gone into failsafe at its end.

Jetibox may be dumb but something smart is receiving the telemetry signal from the RX.

Quick Reply