Hi,

When will the R5 be shipped?

Pat
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2013, 05:16 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
In case anyone is considering ordering any Jeti equipment, I got this email from Esprit this morning...

Up to $125.00 OFF!!! Up to $125.00 OFF!!! Up to $125.00 OFF!!!

Next 48 hours ONLY
(Expires March 31, 2013 at 24:00 EST US)

Save $5.00 off your $100.00 Order! Discount Code: 01OFF
Save $10.00 off your $200.00 Order! Discount Code: 02OFF
Save $15.00 off your $300.00 Order! Discount Code: 03OFF
Save $20.00 off your $400.00 Order! Discount Code: 04OFF
Save $25.00 off your $500.00 Order! Discount Code: 05OFF
Save $75.00 off your $1000.00 Order! (Best) Discount Code: 06OFF
Save $125.00 off your $1500.00 Order! (Best) Discount Code: 07OFF

My Hacker DC-16 glove arrived this week from HeadRC (couldn't ask for better customer service and shipping charges), so I took the opportunity to order some Jeti equipment while this promotion from Esprit was active.

(also ordered a Sebart Miss Wind 50e biplane (white/green from GravesRC .. the only one I could find in that discontinued color scheme... but that's a thread for another forum)
Mar 29, 2013, 05:18 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR
Zb, the major receiver upgrade you mentioned...is that a software upgrade that can be downloaded for existing receivers or will this only be included in new receivers?

TIA,

Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick78
Should be an update that is downloadable.
I hope it is just software. I am holding off ordering receivers until more details are available.
Mar 29, 2013, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotto
Bonus question: how well does the dynamic timing function work on the Mezon? Should I use that instead of a fixed advance timing value on a helicopter?
Just flew both aircraft. I set both to auto timing and they both flew very well. I can't tell if its an improvement or not, but they both flew very well and I'll be leaving them set on auto timing.
Mar 30, 2013, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
I hope it is just software. I am holding off ordering receivers until more details are available.
Yes, it is. All current updatable (EX receivers and some pre-EX) will be compatible with the major update.
Mar 30, 2013, 07:46 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by MafRaf
Yes, it is. All current updatable (EX receivers and some pre-EX) will be compatible with the major update.
Thank you very much.
Mar 30, 2013, 09:09 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT-T
Hi,

When will the R5 be shipped?

Pat
We hope next week, FCC/IC had documents for over 10 weeks.

Zb/Esprit Model
Mar 30, 2013, 10:13 AM
I tried to update my Jeti Mezon 90 with firmsare 1.23 to 1.27. The upgrade failed with some error message that I can't remember, and now it's dead. I can't connect to the JetiBox, and it doesn't respond to stick input

When I try to update it again, it says

USB adapter o.l.
Device searching...
Device detected.
ID (39185:21802) H:0911 B:0221 S:FFFF
ID (39185:21802) H:0911 B:0221 S:FFFF
Error: No update data found
Update error. Try again please.

Is there anything I can to to revive it? Factory reset, force firmware upgrade or something else?
Mar 30, 2013, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
We hope next week, FCC/IC had documents for over 10 weeks.

Zb/Esprit Model
I hope this includes the DS16 as well. Flying season is upon us...
Mar 31, 2013, 07:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
Alarm for turbine shut down in flight

As a follow up to my previous post, the amp-draw information from the MU EX can be use as a flameout warning. Not always easy to hear when others are flying around you.

If the fuel pump draws 0,8-1A at idle rpm and the alarm trigger is set to <0,5A. If the ECU shut down the fuel pump (due to any reason), you get a audio warning "Warning, flameout!" (custom sound for example). Then you will know in an instant something that you usually need a few seconds, if not more , to realize.

(Thanks Feffe for the great tip)
This is great, I will add it to our Blog.

Zb/Esprit Model
Mar 31, 2013, 08:48 PM
Are you going to bring accessories for sale for the DC 16 at the Toledo show? I am looking for stick switches and harness support?

Thanks
Apr 01, 2013, 04:14 AM
Are we any loser to getting a definite date for availability, through dealers, for the DS-16?
Apr 01, 2013, 11:15 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by le fou
Are you going to bring accessories for sale for the DC 16 at the Toledo show? I am looking for stick switches and harness support?

Thanks
Sorry nothing, we have over 14,000 items In Stock. Also way too much problems with OH IRS.

Zb/Esprit Model
Apr 01, 2013, 11:16 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by plingboot
Are we any loser to getting a definite date for availability, through dealers, for the DS-16?
No, all the same. If your dealer put order in you are fine.

Zb/Esprit Model
Apr 01, 2013, 08:00 PM
Team JetiUSA
So yesterday at the field I realized I'd forgotten the magnetic key for my SPS20 power switch on my pattern plane. Not wanting to give up a day at the field and drive 20+ miles home, I decided to try using the magnetic clasp on my iPhone holster. It works!, it might even be a little easier to use than the key that comes with the switch.

I saved a day at the field and now I know I'll always have a backup to the key as long as I stick with the magnetic clasp on the iPhone holster (which I will do because, unlike velcro I can silently open the holster and unobtrusively check my iPhone at meetings, or even during dinner with my family (not that I'd EVER do that :-).

Peter+

Quick Reply