Thread Tools
Apr 28, 2014, 11:15 PM
Who put the rug on the wall?
bubbasanjohn's Avatar
9001! Ha! En guarde!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2014, 10:54 AM
Registered User
Puttputtmaru's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvogel
Dare I hope -- also a feature to sequence through audio files from a single (i.e. momentary) switch so the radio can be my caller when I practice? :-)

Peter+
Couldn't you do that with the sequencer?
Apr 29, 2014, 03:51 PM
Registered User
Is it early this week yet?
Apr 29, 2014, 06:41 PM
Team JetiUSA
pvogel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
Couldn't you do that with the sequencer?
Not that I've thought of... 19 maneuvers in a sequence, how would you play the correct sound as a single button is triggered?

Peter+
Apr 29, 2014, 06:50 PM
Registered User
Hi,
I'm trying to set up my wing.
I have the flaps controlled by a three position switch- up, mid and full down.
Also, I have slats that fully extend at mid position, stay at that position when I go to full flaps.
I can't come up with a combination that works.
First, I can't setup the 3 position switch-when I move the switch from up to mid, the servo moves it's full travel, when I go from mid to down the servo rotates back to the original position, instead of rotating 1/2 travel at mid and full travel at down.
I tried to mix the flaps with the slats and can't get full travel at the flap mid position.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Jon
Apr 29, 2014, 07:14 PM
Registered User
Puttputtmaru's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvogel
Not that I've thought of... 19 maneuvers in a sequence, how would you play the correct sound as a single button is triggered?

Peter+
Here is an answer from ZB in amn other thread

Quote:
That is on the Jeti's list, there will be playing sequencer.

Zb/Jeti USA
So I guess it is coming but not possible yet
Apr 29, 2014, 07:20 PM
AeroPanda Team
La jetguy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing247
Hi,
I'm trying to set up my wing.
I have the flaps controlled by a three position switch- up, mid and full down.
Also, I have slats that fully extend at mid position, stay at that position when I go to full flaps.
I can't come up with a combination that works.
First, I can't setup the 3 position switch-when I move the switch from up to mid, the servo moves it's full travel, when I go from mid to down the servo rotates back to the original position, instead of rotating 1/2 travel at mid and full travel at down.
I tried to mix the flaps with the slats and can't get full travel at the flap mid position.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Jon
Jon.. it sounds like your 3 position switch is not set properly. In the screen where you select the switch use F1 (first function button on the left under screen) and/or F2 (center, prop) to fix the 3 position travel.

Once the 3 position switch is setup properly, then you can create the mix(es) of Flaps and Slats based on each position of the switch...

Hope that helps ...
Apr 29, 2014, 09:07 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvogel
Dare I hope -- also a feature to sequence through audio files from a single (i.e. momentary) switch so the radio can be my caller when I practice? :-)

Peter+
edit: whup, apologies, right answer wrong thread.
Apr 30, 2014, 05:39 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing247
Hi,

I tried to mix the flaps with the slats and can't get full travel at the flap mid position.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Jon
Hi Jon,

LAjetguy is right, check that the switch is set to function at -100/0/+100 to give you three positions. Also, if you have a dedicated function for the slats you don't need mixes. Use flight modes that are triggered by the switch you like and then go into the function curves (set to "S" separate instead of global) and set the values for slats/flaps for each switch state/flight mode. Then use the flight mode trim to adjust for any subtle linkage differences you might have.

Cheers, Todde
Apr 30, 2014, 12:14 PM
Registered User
Hi Jetguy and Todde,
Thanks for replying to my question.
I spent over an hour trying every combination of settings and nothing worked. I was surprised because when I first got the radio I was able to setup the flaps.
I decided to create another model and everything worked correctly, so there was something in my original model that was affecting the switch positions. I went back to see what it was but couldn't find anything obvious, so I decided to move on.
I'm still learning about flight modes and have trouble setting them up, mostly I only get 1/2 of the servo throw, so until I really understand what's going on I'm setting up my models conventionally.
Thanks again for your help.
Jon
Apr 30, 2014, 01:04 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Version 3.00 for Jeti DC-16, DS-16 Transmitters
Version 3.22 for R3/RSW, R4US, R5US, R6US, R7-9-11US, R14-18US Receivers

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-firmware-updates.aspx

Telemetry Controls
This feature increases the opportunities of the Duplex telemetry system one class higher. Not only can you display telemetry data, record it to your SD card or have it voice announced, now it is possible to control specific model functions using sensors. This way some tasks that previously required manual adjustment via visual estimation or alarms can now be automated.

Announcement of Proportional Controls Positions
In this menu, you can set a sound notification or up to four independent controls. You can choose basic beeping the middle control position (Center-Beep mode), but voice announcements of the current position is also available (Voice mode).

Digital Trim Function Control
Digital trims can be used independently as controls of any functions. In the menu Fine Tuning Digital Trim, there it is possible to assign special functions "Trim.Ctrl" or "Trim.RstOn" (Trim Auto reset enabled) to any digital trim.

Modifications:
1. Configuration files updated in the Devices folder to support 3.20 version of receivers, MVario2, and 1.20 version of the Central Box 200.
2. Possibility of setting up a step of digital trims (Fine Tuning Digital Trim) up to100%. At this level the trim buttons operate in three steps(the trim values can be -100%, 0%, 100%).
3. The transmitter can process and display the level on digital inputs of receivers (3.20 version), MVario2, and the Central Box 200 with1.20 firmware version.
4. The names of servos are generated from the function names. The exceptions are flap servos, aileron servos, and swash plate servos in helicopters, which are named after predefined schemes.
5. In Timers/Sensors Sensors/Logging Setup newly shows the number of detected telemetry parameters from sensors(above the F(3)function button) and it is possible to reset any unnecessary entry using F(4)button. However, if the button whose parameter has been deleted is still connected, the parameter will later be re-loaded. The transmitters can detect up to 32 telemetry items.

Please read the attached Release Notes prior to performing any update. This document always includes the actual information given to the current version of firmware. This update applies only to DC-16 and DS-16 transmitters, not to DS-14. The DS-14 includes version 3.00 already from the factory.
Download Release Notes for 3.00 Update EN (.pdf)
Download Release Notes for 3.00 Update FR (.pdf)
Download Release Notes for 3.00 Update DE (.pdf)
Apr 30, 2014, 01:06 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Version 3.00 for Jeti DC-16, DS-16 Transmitters
Version 3.22 for R3/RSW, R4US, R5US, R6US, R7-9-11US, R14-18US Receivers

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-firmware-updates.aspx

Telemetry Controls
This feature increases the opportunities of the Duplex telemetry system one class higher. Not only can you display telemetry data, record it to your SD card or have it voice announced, now it is possible to control specific model functions using sensors. This way some tasks that previously required manual adjustment via visual estimation or alarms can now be automated.

Announcement of Proportional Controls Positions
In this menu, you can set a sound notification or up to four independent controls. You can choose basic beeping the middle control position (Center-Beep mode), but voice announcements of the current position is also available (Voice mode).

Digital Trim Function Control
Digital trims can be used independently as controls of any functions. In the menu Fine Tuning Digital Trim, there it is possible to assign special functions "Trim.Ctrl" or "Trim.RstOn" (Trim Auto reset enabled) to any digital trim.

Modifications:
1. Configuration files updated in the Devices folder to support 3.20 version of receivers, MVario2, and 1.20 version of the Central Box 200.
2. Possibility of setting up a step of digital trims (Fine Tuning Digital Trim) up to100%. At this level the trim buttons operate in three steps(the trim values can be -100%, 0%, 100%).
3. The transmitter can process and display the level on digital inputs of receivers (3.20 version), MVario2, and the Central Box 200 with1.20 firmware version.
4. The names of servos are generated from the function names. The exceptions are flap servos, aileron servos, and swash plate servos in helicopters, which are named after predefined schemes.
5. In Timers/Sensors Sensors/Logging Setup newly shows the number of detected telemetry parameters from sensors(above the F(3)function button) and it is possible to reset any unnecessary entry using F(4)button. However, if the button whose parameter has been deleted is still connected, the parameter will later be re-loaded. The transmitters can detect up to 32 telemetry items.

Please read the attached Release Notes prior to performing any update. This document always includes the actual information given to the current version of firmware. This update applies only to DC-16 and DS-16 transmitters, not to DS-14. The DS-14 includes version 3.00 already from the factory.
Download Release Notes for 3.00 Update EN (.pdf)
Download Release Notes for 3.00 Update FR (.pdf)
Download Release Notes for 3.00 Update DE (.pdf)
Yay! ! Thanks!
Apr 30, 2014, 01:07 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Brand new Manual v3.00 for Jeti DC-DS-16, and DS-14 Radios

More information (links):
* Jeti Duplex DC/DS-16, DS-14 Instruction Manual (.pdf)

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...nly-radio.aspx

Last edited by Esprit Model; Apr 30, 2014 at 01:18 PM.
Apr 30, 2014, 01:13 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
ltc's Avatar
Thank you very much Zb.
Printing the new manual now ...
Apr 30, 2014, 01:16 PM
Registered User
Puttputtmaru's Avatar
This is great and even better I don't have any work to do tomorrow. It is going to be a fun filled day of playing with the new software.
Thanks Jeti and Zb (Esprit).

Jeti the radio that keeps on giving
Last edited by Puttputtmaru; Apr 30, 2014 at 02:52 PM.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools