Jan 13, 2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasairIII
Finally! Played with the new DS-16 today. Feels real nice in the hands. I've been using a profi 4000 for the last 12 or so years. I think the jeti will be a fine replacement. Fiddled around in the programming for a little bit as well. Seemed fairly intuitive. I hope mine arrives soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edkirk
I already have the DC-16 and very happy with it. I was at the show yesterday had did some serious touchy - feely with the DS-16, it is awesome, great feel. At first it felt top heavy with the display on top but that sense of heavyness went away very quickly. It didn't feel as heavy as I expected, very nice grips, much shorter sticks then the DC-16. I will have to get one, it doesn't feel like any other radio I have ever handled. Very solid, doesn't have that plastic feel.

When I got home I found a pair of short knobs on an old transmitter that screwed all the way down to the end of the DC-16 sticks. Much better feel for me, I don't care for the long sticks on the DC-16, I hope to see some options to shorten the sticks on the DC-16, I would also like to have the rubber grips to put on the bottom of the DC-16 like the ones on the DS-16.

Ed
Man! Thanks for the hands on report guys. I'm so relieved to hear the positive feed back! My anticipation for this radio is becoming unbearable, so I love to hear good news about it. Did the sticks feel like good quality? Did they feel like they could break off easily? Ed, were the sticks exactly the same base as the DC-16? I know the sticks on the DS-16 are shorter but is the attach point to the gimbal the same?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2013, 01:11 PM
Lover of fast slope gliders!
The gimbals are a work of art. The parts are cnc machined with bearings for support. The sticks, at least on the demo units were hollow. But, they seemed up to the task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus4
Man! Thanks for the hands on report guys. I'm so relieved to hear the positive feed back! My anticipation for this radio is becoming unbearable, so I love to hear good news about it. Did the sticks feel like good quality? Did they feel like they could break off easily? Ed, were the sticks exactly the same base as the DC-16? I know the sticks on the DS-16 are shorter but is the attach point to the gimbal the same?
Jan 13, 2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lperagallo
Have someone at the show to ask ZB how to set the receiver to output PPM thru the virtual Jetibox in the DC-16. I have been trying all night and can't figure it out. Then post how to do it here.

Thanks,
Lou
Talk about great Customer Service! I just got a call from Esprit on Sunday and David straightened me out in about two minutes. I knew I had to change this in the JetiBox emulator in the transmitter but couldn't figure out how. It is very simple. All you need to do is go into Jetibox under the System menu, chose the RX by using the right arrow, push the down arrow and it will tell you what receiver type you are using. Push down again to see "Measureor setting", push the right arrow and the display will change to "Main Setting". Push down arrow 5 times to get to "Output Mode". If it says "Servo" push and HOLD the left arrow until it changes to PPM. That's it. To change it back do the same. Any time you see a double left or right arrow in the display it means to hold that button down until it changes your setting.

Lou
Jan 13, 2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasairIII
The gimbals are a work of art. The parts are cnc machined with bearings for support. The sticks, at least on the demo units were hollow. But, they seemed up to the task.
I totally agree. The sticks looked and felt very sturdy to me. Now, I am very surprised of the reported stick failure.

I currently use a JR 9303 and Multiplex Evo with DS-16 on pre-order.

Del
Jan 13, 2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus4
The sticks feel great, much shorter then the DC-16. The gimbal appears to be the same on both transmitters. Even though the sticks are hollow to allow for switches to be attached they seem to be quite strong, I wouldn't put them to a breaking point test but trust them for normal RC duty. If droped they would probably break is stressed. The DC sticks are very soft and there isn't much allowance to stiffen them up without a stiffer spring. They center very well.

I am going to convert my radio so the throttle is self centering since my intended use if for multicopters and photography. When flying attitude or altitude mode the normal position for the throttle is centered to hold position (on the control boards I use, anyway). I will use the left slider for throttle trim and fine tune altitude hold. These plans are on hold until I get PPM out on a receiver.

Ed
Jan 13, 2013, 03:28 PM
I created a flap to elevator free mix, so depending on the postion of the flaps my elevator compensate for pitch change created by the flaps. I would like to be able to fine tune it in flight with a rotatory knob or the 3D encoder but there is not an option to select such a command for the mix. Does somebody know how to do it?

Thanks,

Le fou
Jan 13, 2013, 03:47 PM
Professional idiot
Use P5 to P7 as mix activation switch, make it proportional and click the 'Centr' button as well so it goes 0 to 100.

If your mix gives say 10 degrees down elevator on full flap then the adjusting the appropriate control switch will vary it from nothing to the 10 degrees.
Jan 13, 2013, 03:59 PM
Michael

Flaps to Elevator Rotary Knob Control

Le fou,
There are several ways to accomplish what I think you are trying to do.

I created a Flap to Elev free mix using a nominal percentage (middle of anticipated range).

For the Switch, I selected a rotary knob (e.g., "7"), PROPO.

Then, as I adjusted the slider ("5" - default) for flaps, the elevator amount changed as a function of the rotary knob setting as well as the amount of flaps setting; i.e., adding more flaps resulted in adding more elevator, but I could use the rotary knob to control the amount of added elevator.

I think this is what you were asking.

I also tried it another way as I like to use only three positions for my flaps: fully retracted, TakeOff, and Landing. So, I created a logical switch with my flap switch AND the rotary knob, choosing "LIN" - see R 1.07 notes - , then used that logical switch for the Flap to Elev "switch".

I am sure that there are other ways, but both seem to work. Remember, I am a newbie at this, but have tried similar things (e.g., adjustable nose wheel steering sensitivity.)

Fortunately, the Jeti experts are quick to provide solid answers, but I was intrigued by your question and had to try it.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by le fou
I created a flap to elevator free mix, so depending on the postion of the flaps my elevator compensate for pitch change created by the flaps. I would like to be able to fine tune it in flight with a rotatory knob or the 3D encoder but there is not an option to select such a command for the mix. Does somebody know how to do it?

Thanks,

Le fou
Jan 13, 2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edkirk
I am going to convert my radio so the throttle is self centering since my intended use if for multicopters and photography. When flying attitude or altitude mode the normal position for the throttle is centered to hold position (on the control boards I use, anyway). I will use the left slider for throttle trim and fine tune altitude hold. These plans are on hold until I get PPM out on a receiver.

Ed
Hi Ed,

this conversation is actually not supported by the DC-16 - but sure I don't know how the DS-16 will be delivered.

The gimbals are eather self-centering or not on the vertikal axes. There are no parts in the box to do the change on your own.

But you can buy an extra gimbal for around 200 $. Or order the DS with 2 self-centering gimbals. Thats possible in europe. I don't know what Esprit will do.

regards

gecko
Jan 13, 2013, 04:04 PM
It works great, thanks a lot!
Jan 13, 2013, 04:14 PM
Ja9
Ja9
Is anyone else having time and date issues on their DC-16's?
The time and date on mine is changing all the time on mine.
I have updated to latest software.
Jan 13, 2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko_749
Hi Ed,

this conversation is actually not supported by the DC-16 - but sure I don't know how the DS-16 will be delivered.

The gimbals are eather self-centering or not on the vertikal axes. There are no parts in the box to do the change on your own.

But you can buy an extra gimbal for around 200 $. Or order the DS with 2 self-centering gimbals. Thats possible in europe. I don't know what Esprit will do.

regards

gecko
Thanks for the reply, I am either get the parts to change the existing throttle or get a self centering gimbal. I have had the gimbals out and looked at them, Jeti has done an excellent job engineering the transmitter making changes easy.

I haven't contacted Esprit yet but in a previous posts they stated they now have parts to support the radios.

Thanks, Ed
Jan 13, 2013, 05:18 PM
Ja9 - Latest you mean 1.07.1? Unlikely, but how often is it changing? Try to reset the internal counter - open the case, remove the battery connection and push Power button for a second. Then start the transmitter normally and modify date/time.
Jan 13, 2013, 06:45 PM
WINS - Winch In Nose Sailplane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja9
Is anyone else having time and date issues on their DC-16's?
The time and date on mine is changing all the time on mine.
I have updated to latest software.
That has happened to me once. I haven't checked in a while.
Jan 13, 2013, 06:51 PM
WINS - Winch In Nose Sailplane
Okay, guys, this should be easy but it has me stumped.

I created a free mix throttle to elevator. It is for ALES flying and I have it on a momentary switch. When I hit the switch it feeds down elevator for as long as the motor is running. When I let go of the switch the motor turns off and the elevator returns to its normal position. This all works just fine and is what I want.

However, I want the return to have a delay, i.e., I don't want the elevator to pop back which might cause the nose to jump up. I tried following the directions in the manual but I cannot get the elevator to move slowly - no matter what I try.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Preston

Quick Reply