Feb 10, 2014, 11:29 PM
Pro beginner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Fighter
I have referred to this a few times so I thought I would copy a link from Mikados testing and solutions for the transient spikes, including cro screen captures. They did include a Jeti 12A SBEC in the testing.

http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1327

//Dennis.
If because of that, that I now am testing the HV2BEC with the Bls275sv's.. If you ask me, preliminary results show that it's overkill... Suffering a max 0.3v drop at the bec according to the units display.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2014, 12:06 AM
learning to crash Heli's
Hi Jason, I saw you had grabbed one of those. I still think a good 2s Lipo is the best for my big Heli's but each to their own. These new servos really need a solid power source, the BLS servos are probably the best for power to performance ratio so it may be overkill but I have a set of the full size BK servos coming for my 770 and going by the power demands of the mini BK's, these will put even a good 2s pack a workout.

//Dennis.
Feb 11, 2014, 05:31 AM
Grow old disgracefully!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Rocket
No, there is no typo. There are two options. 25 farad and 50 farad. The buffer board controls the charge/discharge. An optional add on board prevents back flow if used with BEC. This setup provides very stabile voltage under load.

Danny
Just to back up the "no typo" comment, here is a link to a 25F capacitor from a respected electronic component supplier, and there is also a link to a pdf data sheet on that page for those who are interested.

http://uk.farnell.com/illinois-capac...f-2/dp/1813822

Not quite ready to replace batteries yet, but .......:

Dick
Feb 11, 2014, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickw
Just to back up the "no typo" comment, here is a link to a 25F capacitor from a respected electronic component supplier, and there is also a link to a pdf data sheet on that page for those who are interested.

http://uk.farnell.com/illinois-capac...f-2/dp/1813822

Not quite ready to replace batteries yet, but .......:

Dick
We're querying 25F when there's a 3500F version with a max current of 2344.9A available according to the data sheet in the link!?!?!

With over 3.5 Wh, that should give you a couple of F5b climbs, Dick, if my mental calculations haven't misplaced a decimal point somewhere...
Last edited by scimart; Feb 11, 2014 at 07:54 AM.
Feb 11, 2014, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scimart
We're querying 25F when there's a 3500F version with a max current of 2344.9A available according to the data sheet in the link!?!?!

With over 3.5 Wh, that should give you a couple of F5b climbs if my mental calculations haven't misplaced a decimal point somewhere...
I think you are really extrapolating poorly!

These caps are only 2.7v each, you need 1.5caps per lipo cell you flying!
The 3000F cap at you link weighs 0.52kg!!! To backup for a 10s pack you would need 42v/2.7v = 16 caps series, x 0.52kg/cap = 8kg approximately. Hope you have a long extension cord, it isn't going to fly well. LOL
http://www.cde.com/catalogs/CDLC.pdf

Secondly, you can only get the voltage equivalent to 4.2 -> 3.0 of your lipos, not the whole voltage to zero as you have calculated, unless you want to kill you lipo packs, when you drain the cap and you drain the bats.

You guys should not be thinking of this as a reserve, you should be looking at it as a way to put you lipo C rating on steroids. In fact, all the charge put into the cap buffer comes out of your flight time!!!
Feb 11, 2014, 08:00 AM
Grow old disgracefully!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scimart

With over 3.5 Wh, that should give you a couple of F5b climbs if my mental calculations haven't misplaced a decimal point somewhere...

Yes, 3.5 Wh would theoretically be enough for about 3.8 secs motor run, but with voltage falling from 2.7v down to 0v I would definitely need a different (variable??) motor wind .
AND just one of them is bigger and heavier than my 10s Lipo which gives me about 30 seconds motor.

Would be interesting to experiment with something though .

Dick
apologies for off topic humour!
Last edited by dickw; Feb 11, 2014 at 08:07 AM.
Feb 11, 2014, 08:04 AM
Pro beginner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Fighter
Hi Jason, I saw you had grabbed one of those. I still think a good 2s Lipo is the best for my big Heli's but each to their own. These new servos really need a solid power source, the BLS servos are probably the best for power to performance ratio so it may be overkill but I have a set of the full size BK servos coming for my 770 and going by the power demands of the mini BK's, these will put even a good 2s pack a workout.

//Dennis.
It's bare for now for testing. Itll soon have a 600mah 30c life buffer permanently attachef. But even just using a partially charged 1100mah 10c life on its own, I've yet to brown out the Jeti Rx using the 'mikado' tests.. It seems these servos don't draw that much even during rapid directional changes.
Feb 11, 2014, 08:29 AM
By what I can see the dc16 and ds16 has dual rf boards. The ds16 has 4 aerials, does the dc have the same? Thanks, Toby
Feb 11, 2014, 08:33 AM
According to the feature chart, it does.
Feb 11, 2014, 09:09 AM
Grow old disgracefully!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobytorkn
By what I can see the dc16 and ds16 has dual rf boards. The ds16 has 4 aerials, does the dc have the same? Thanks, Toby
I believe the DC16 only has 2 aerials.
I imagine 4 aerials were required on the DS because the display housing shielded the aerials if there were only 2.

Dick
Feb 11, 2014, 09:34 AM
Now you guys got me worried. I have never use a 2s lipo for my servos everything comes directly from my main pack. I am a 3 D pilot but not a smack down type. Never experimented any brownout. I always have used so far JR 8717HV on cyclic.

Is all this necessary or is it only for the hard 3 D'er? Or is it just for extra peace of mind?
Feb 11, 2014, 09:42 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
Now you guys got me worried. I have never use a 2s lipo for my servos everything comes directly from my main pack. I am a 3 D pilot but not a smack down type. Never experimented any brownout. I always have used so far JR 8717HV on cyclic.

Is all this necessary or is it only for the hard 3 D'er? Or is it just for extra peace of mind?
Piece of mind and proper design IMHO.
Feb 11, 2014, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrego
According to the feature chart, it does.
Which one? The German language "flyer" on the Jeti site suggests otherwise:

http://www.jetimodel.com/en/show-file/291/

(page 4)
Feb 11, 2014, 11:52 AM
Thread OP
I have 2x pieces of news, good one and bad one.

1) The DS-14 just pasted all tests required by FCC and IC, from now on just the paperwork

2) Get your radio NOW, from February 15, 2014 the price of the DS-16 will be $1595.00 and after first 20 pieces of DS-14 are sold the price will go to $1195.00

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...o-systems.aspx

Zb/Esprit Model
Feb 11, 2014, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
And P.S. , no, the "F" dies not stand for temperature, but it may in fact look familiar to someone's report card.
Looks and sounds like someone speaks with a vast amount of experience in such matters.
Last edited by davemilw07; Feb 12, 2014 at 05:41 AM.

Quick Reply