Feb 07, 2014, 01:01 PM
VicRC
The knob mixing is great (specially when your trying to figure out what value to set) but you must remember to adjust the knob where it was when you flew the specific model.

I have been contemplating how I will approach the flap to elevator compensation. I am using the 3 position switch as well. No flight modes yet but I do like idea of different elevator trim per flight mode but I am not sure the trim values is proportional to flap deployment, because it will correct the trim before the flaps are fully deployed creating a bump in flight.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2014, 01:08 PM
AeroPanda Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorh
Just a simple query as I contemplate the programming for my P47 (which is several months away from completion by the way). I plan to operate the flaps from a three-position switch and ordinarily would just set up a mix to provide elevator compensation. However, as I was pondering exactly how to make the compensation in-flight adjustable, it occurred to me that maybe it is just simpler to define a flight mode for each flap position and use flight mode-specific trim.

Intuitively it seems a bit OTT to use flight modes just for this but, since the facility is there, maybe it is the more convenient approach. Any views anyone?

Trevor
I setup my flaps in the butterfly menu.. you can setup elevator compensation in the same menu (different screen) and adding delays to match the delay in deploying your flaps.. I like the delay in the elevator adjustments since it prevents sudden pitch change when flaps are deployed...

Hopefully in the next transmitter firmware upgrade we shall see delay in "Flight Mode Trims"
Feb 07, 2014, 02:23 PM
Game on
Quote:
Originally Posted by La jetguy
I setup my flaps in the butterfly menu.. you can setup elevator compensation in the same menu (different screen) and adding delays to match the delay in deploying your flaps.. I like the delay in the elevator adjustments since it prevents sudden pitch change when flaps are deployed...

Hopefully in the next transmitter firmware upgrade we shall see delay in "Flight Mode Trims"
That's a great way of doing it. When I setup flaps, I just setup a free mix from flaps to elevator. Within the free mix menu, you can also adjust the speed of the elevator to create a smooth transition.
Feb 07, 2014, 02:25 PM
Ah, if it's not possible to slow the trim change down to match the flap deployment then I agree that is a show stopper for the flight mode approach. Looks like the knob-adjustable mix or butterfly mix is the way to go for the initial flights.

Thanks guys.
Feb 07, 2014, 02:55 PM
Thread OP
New Limited Edition $2999.99 Carbon ChilliHeli Jeti DS-16, specially blessed by Pavel from Czech Republic.

Zb/Esprit Model
Feb 07, 2014, 02:59 PM
So DS-16 owner get all the fun
When are we getting a DC-16 special everything edition?
Feb 07, 2014, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
New Limited Edition $2999.99 Carbon ChilliHeli Jeti DS-16, specially blessed by Pavel from Czech Republic.

Zb/Esprit Model
Okay, this is just getting silly...

But, I wouldn't mind seeing a black edition DS-16 with black anodized gimbals - perhaps even a carbon black edition.
Feb 07, 2014, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Ah, if it's not possible to slow the trim change down to match the flap deployment then I agree that is a show stopper for the flight mode approach. Looks like the knob-adjustable mix or butterfly mix is the way to go for the initial flights.

Thanks guys.
have you played with using delay on a function?

Create a flap function call flaps.
Assign delay + and - in the function, assign it to a 3 pos switch
Assign it to your servos.

I suspect, you can then follow the knob adjust mix and get slowed knob variable travel flaps. Then you can mix elev from flaps.
Feb 07, 2014, 03:44 PM
Who put the rug on the wall?
Quote:

Zb/Esprit Model
was it intentional to misspell chili?
Feb 07, 2014, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=cravenjw;27439482]have you played with using delay on a function?/QUOTE]
Yes, that's how I've done it on my other flap-equipped models. However the P47 is the first such model to be programmed from scratch since I got the DS16 hence I thought I should explore other possible approaches. I've been impressed with the butterfly mix when setting up a 4 servo glider, so may well give that a try on the P47.

After all, I have got a couple of months to experiment!
Feb 07, 2014, 05:06 PM
AeroPanda Team
Quote:

Zb/Esprit Model
I still like the Stainless (white) edition...
Feb 07, 2014, 05:14 PM
AeroPanda Team
Quote:

Thanks guys.
Once they add delay in Flight Mode Trim.. then you can have delay in trim change...

For now the delay in the butterfly menu works best for me when I deploy flaps on my jets at a much higher speed and not get any pitch change... works perfect..

Not to mention the crow setup (with delay) in the same menu.. simply fantastic... and no mix required..
Feb 07, 2014, 10:39 PM
Airborne whenever I can.
Quote:

Zb/Esprit Model
Nice, a bit pricey to my taste, I am very happy with my DC-16 at $1295.00
Feb 08, 2014, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat-t
nice, a bit pricey to my taste, i am very happy with my dc-16 at $1295.00
+1
Feb 08, 2014, 07:12 AM
Quote:
I uploaded image to the RcGroups. Guys are saying that DS-14 is nicer than DS-16

Zb/Esprit Model
Several people here have also indicated that they prefer the 'cosmetics' of DS-14 over DS-16 (probably because of the black painted case and faceplate). So that recalls the question of: "Why not just make the case out of black plastic to begin with, and cut the cost????"

It would be lighter, cheaper, more scratch resistant, etc.

Quick Reply