Feb 06, 2014, 01:57 PM
Who put the rug on the wall?
Quote:
Originally Posted by La jetguy
You restriction would be flying at an AMA sanctioned event if you DO NOT have a turbine waiver... at our field a lot are flying turbines but only those with a waiver can fly during an event...
Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2014, 02:16 PM
VicRC
Dave thanks for the info on the rate and expo I have used them quite well on my 12X

Here is where I made my mistake...

50 percent aileron max positive limit and 100 percent aileron max positive = stick position at half aileron control resulting in full deflection. (reverse expo!!! yikes)

This is what I should have set on the servo setup. My bad its something I was not aware.

50 percent aileron max positive limit and 50 percent aileron max positive = stick is full resolution

Of course the subtrim value changes what is needed for aileron max positive to get the full resolution and that I have yet to figure out. There is a formula somewhere....
Feb 06, 2014, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fw190
Dave thanks for the info on the rate and expo I have used them quite well on my 12X

Here is where I made my mistake...

50 percent aileron max positive limit and 100 percent aileron max positive = stick position at half aileron control resulting in full deflection. (reverse expo!!! yikes)

This is what I should have set on the servo setup. My bad its something I was not aware.

50 percent aileron max positive limit and 50 percent aileron max positive = stick is full resolution

Of course the subtrim value changes what is needed for aileron max positive to get the full resolution and that I have yet to figure out. There is a formula somewhere....
I may be misunderstanding you but I think you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't see any way the settings your talking about could cause anything similar to reverse expo..

Max Position/Max Negative Throw, sets servo end points for full stick deflection. At full stick deflection your servo position won't change based on Max Positive / Max Negative Limit, unless you make the Max Limit smaller than Max Throw.

Max Positive/MaxNegative Limit, sets the absolute travel limit for the servo.
This prevents a Mix from over driving a servo that is already at it's mechanical limits at full stick deflection.

I suspect a more likely reason that you felt your model seemed far more sensitive on the Jeti is that the Jeti causes about 20% more servo travel than other systems when your servo throws are set to the same value. For example, if setting up a model that was previously flying on a Futaba, or JR system, use Max Positive/Negative Throws that are about 80% of what was used on the old system. Also, when setting up your dual rates and expos, just look at the graph to be sure you're softening things around center rather than the other way around..
Feb 06, 2014, 04:06 PM
Pro beginner
Help needed: I'm flying different lipo capacities and I know how to set alarms for capacity. However, with different packs, I want to assign a switch so I can enable different capacity alarms and disable others when I change packs.. Is there a way to do that?
Feb 06, 2014, 04:42 PM
VicRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfield0455
I may be misunderstanding you but I think you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't see any way the settings your talking about could cause anything similar to reverse expo..

Max Position/Max Negative Throw, sets servo end points for full stick deflection. At full stick deflection your servo position won't change based on Max Positive / Max Negative Limit, unless you make the Max Limit smaller than Max Throw.

Max Positive/MaxNegative Limit, sets the absolute travel limit for the servo.
This prevents a Mix from over driving a servo that is already at it's mechanical limits at full stick deflection.

I suspect a more likely reason that you felt your model seemed far more sensitive on the Jeti is that the Jeti causes about 20% more servo travel than other systems when your servo throws are set to the same value. For example, if setting up a model that was previously flying on a Futaba, or JR system, use Max Positive/Negative Throws that are about 80% of what was used on the old system. Also, when setting up your dual rates and expos, just look at the graph to be sure you're softening things around center rather than the other way around..

What I am saying is that I have set my Max Positive/MaxNegative Limit for example 50 percent to prevent binding. But I have left my Max Position/Max Negative Throw to 100 percent. The result of that setting makes the servo reach its limit way before the control stick reaches its limit. Effectively making the control sensitive. I was only half right aileron stick and its full deflection.

Does this make sense?

I should have set both values to be the same, so I can use the full range of the stick.

Vic
Feb 06, 2014, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchelijc
Help needed: I'm flying different lipo capacities and I know how to set alarms for capacity. However, with different packs, I want to assign a switch so I can enable different capacity alarms and disable others when I change packs.. Is there a way to do that?
Just set different alarms with different capacity, you can add as many you want, each being assigned and triggered by a position of the switch you choose. The alarm menu allows you to attach a switch to an alarm called "Activation Switch"
I would also assign a sound giving you the battery capacity assign to the switch. That way you can't go wrong
Feb 06, 2014, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fw190
What I am saying is that I have set my Max Positive/MaxNegative Limit for example 50 percent to prevent binding. But I have left my Max Position/Max Negative Throw to 100 percent. The result of that setting makes the servo reach its limit way before the control stick reaches its limit. Effectively making the control sensitive. I was only half right aileron stick and its full deflection.

Does this make sense?

I should have set both values to be the same, so I can use the full range of the stick.

Vic
Makes perfect sense now.
Feb 06, 2014, 06:31 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
Just set different alarms with different capacity, you can add as many you want, each being assigned and triggered by a position of the switch you choose. The alarm menu allows you to attach a switch to an alarm called "Activation Switch"
I would also assign a sound giving you the battery capacity assign to the switch. That way you can't go wrong
Might be interesting to try and assign a knob for battery capacity alarm
Feb 06, 2014, 08:28 PM
Pro beginner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
Ok will try it out, thanks
Feb 06, 2014, 08:56 PM
AeroPanda Team
Vic... let me know in advance, if you can, and I will join you at the field...

David
Feb 07, 2014, 10:29 AM
Hi,

really nice work at new DS-14

http://www.jetiforum.de/index.php/pl...tart=234#21950

Regards

Test
Feb 07, 2014, 11:25 AM
Thread OP
I uploaded image to the RcGroups. Guys are saying that DS-14 is nicer than DS-16

Zb/Esprit Model
Feb 07, 2014, 12:29 PM
AeroPanda Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
I uploaded image to the RcGroups. Guys are saying that DS-14 is nicer than DS-16

Zb/Esprit Model
It looks too empty compare to the DS16... must be all the switches. Wonder if the logic board and electronics have changed..

I want a stainless (white) DS16...
Feb 07, 2014, 12:35 PM

Flap/Elevator Mix or Flight Modes?

Just a simple query as I contemplate the programming for my P47 (which is several months away from completion by the way). I plan to operate the flaps from a three-position switch and ordinarily would just set up a mix to provide elevator compensation. However, as I was pondering exactly how to make the compensation in-flight adjustable, it occurred to me that maybe it is just simpler to define a flight mode for each flap position and use flight mode-specific trim.

Intuitively it seems a bit OTT to use flight modes just for this but, since the facility is there, maybe it is the more convenient approach. Any views anyone?

Trevor
Feb 07, 2014, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorh
Just a simple query as I contemplate the programming for my P47 (which is several months away from completion by the way). I plan to operate the flaps from a three-position switch and ordinarily would just set up a mix to provide elevator compensation. However, as I was pondering exactly how to make the compensation in-flight adjustable, it occurred to me that maybe it is just simpler to define a flight mode for each flap position and use flight mode-specific trim.

Intuitively it seems a bit OTT to use flight modes just for this but, since the facility is there, maybe it is the more convenient approach. Any views anyone?

Trevor
you can make both the flaps and elev proportional to a knob(s). This thread shows how to do knob variable mixes.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1885619

Quick Reply