Feb 05, 2014, 10:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by yak55 View Post
I purchased a duplex tray for my DS 16.The two longer standoffs of the 4 I placed at the bottom end of the tray.
The bottom end of the board now has a curvature to it that is quite noticeable. The tray is hanging up on the bottom feet of the transmitter.I would prefer to not remove the feet.

Anyone having the same problem, if so did you do anything to correct it? I would hate to see the plastic crack.

Thanks,

Stan
You have to match rubber feet to the holes on the bottom piece.

Zb/Esprit Model

Last edited by Esprit Model; Feb 05, 2014 at 10:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2014, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
You need 3.13 or higher Rx software. Next week we will have new 3.2xx coming out. UDI, PWM, PPM... protocols will be taken care of.

Zb/Esprit Model
So you suggest that if downgrade TX back to 2.01 on the TX the RSat2 will all start working again, as they always have in the UK where i'm based. And then upgrade to 2.22 once the new RX firmware is released.
Feb 05, 2014, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfield0455 View Post
Personally, I'd rather have an ECU interface that will tell me fuel consumed as it has a pretty good idea since it controls the fuel pump. A fuel flow sensor would be nice but I think what the ECU provides is more than adequate. Also, it's nice to be able to see RPM, EGT, etc on start up via telemetry without needing to connect the GSU. I usually use a timer and it works ok but it is nice to have some sort of low fuel warning..
On the Wren 44 in my heli I started with a MUI30 sensor wired inline between the FADEC and the fuel pump; the MUI30 monitors fuel pump voltage, amperage, and cumulative mah consumed by the fuel pump.

Tracking mah consumed by the fuel pump is directly proportional to fuel consumption and after many months of use now I've found it works extremely well. It also allows setting an alarm for flameout (fuel pump current <0.2A) and can also be used to track the health of the fuel pump via the logs (fuel pump amperage.) I have another alarm set if the fuel pump current exceeds 0.8A which could indicate a problem as at 100% throttle the pump consumes 0.6A.

Just recently Xicoy came out with a telemetry interface between the FADEC and Jeti; you get all the telemetry parameters right on the TX you can normally watch on the handbox (RPM, EGT, fuel pump voltage, throttle percentage, etc), plus a fuel remaining parameter that reads in percent (you have to enter your fuel tank capacity and then adjust fuel pump flow factor in the telemetry module so it calculates correctly for your turbine/tank/pump combo.) The Xicoy fuel remaining parameter and the MUI30 track together extremely well.

The other nice thing about the Xicoy module is that you can access all the normal handbox setup parameters right through the Jetibox app on the TX-- no more having to dig out the handbox if you need to change start parameters, etc.

So yes, you're right-- a direct FADEC to Jeti telemetry module is the way to go. However, a MUI30 wired in line with the fuel pump is a very simple & economical way to monitor fuel consumption until your turbine manufacturer or a 3rd party releases a Jeti telemetry interface.
Feb 05, 2014, 11:08 AM
Well its seems I've resolved my issue, deleted all models, downgraded to 2.01 and then re-applied 2.22 and its now recognising the sats again, so it was either something corrupted in the models or the original 2.22 update.
Feb 05, 2014, 11:41 AM

Satellite Rx Suggestion

I have to say that getting multiple receivers (main + 1 Sat) is an extremely critical function of any radio, and crucial to the safety of our very expensive models.

The Jeti process of getting them connected, reliably functioning, and being able to verify they are working properly, is a ridiculously convoluted process, with many opportunities for making a mistake.

Yes, you can start over if you make a mistake somewhere along the way. Yes, you can down-grade your FW, bind, then upgrade, then modify, blah blah...Yes...people have figured out how to do it. Yes, I have successfully made it happen...ONCE. But it took many hours and a lot of help from the good people on this forum. Thank you!

In most cases, for most functions, I would agree with the masses, that the Jeti programming is more or less "INTUITIVE", but I suspect that my definition of that word is different than some others' here. I, like many folks here, am an EE, am reasonably intelligent, have been modeling for decades...and I would NOT apply that word universally to this system...but it's better than JR/Spektrum.

All that being said...this "dual path" or "clone" mode receiver setup can NOT be described as intuitive. Many more appropriate descriptions come to mind, but the most family friendly one I can think of is that it's "fraught with abundant opportunities for frustration".

I would respectfully request that Jeti look into a simple satellite receiver, that is pre-setup to be a satellite receiver, and nothing else, that can simply be plugged directly into the main receiver (R9, R14, whatever), and just works. Period.

I can build a plane faster than it took me to get 2 receivers connected and working, and now I'm terrified to flash any new firmware.

Thanks.
Feb 05, 2014, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
On the Wren 44 in my heli I started with a MUI30 sensor wired inline between the FADEC and the fuel pump; the MUI30 monitors fuel pump voltage, amperage, and cumulative mah consumed by the fuel pump.

Tracking mah consumed by the fuel pump is directly proportional to fuel consumption and after many months of use now I've found it works extremely well. It also allows setting an alarm for flameout (fuel pump current <0.2A) and can also be used to track the health of the fuel pump via the logs (fuel pump amperage.) I have another alarm set if the fuel pump current exceeds 0.8A which could indicate a problem as at 100% throttle the pump consumes 0.6A.

Just recently Xicoy came out with a telemetry interface between the FADEC and Jeti; you get all the telemetry parameters right on the TX you can normally watch on the handbox (RPM, EGT, fuel pump voltage, throttle percentage, etc), plus a fuel remaining parameter that reads in percent (you have to enter your fuel tank capacity and then adjust fuel pump flow factor in the telemetry module so it calculates correctly for your turbine/tank/pump combo.) The Xicoy fuel remaining parameter and the MUI30 track together extremely well.

The other nice thing about the Xicoy module is that you can access all the normal handbox setup parameters right through the Jetibox app on the TX-- no more having to dig out the handbox if you need to change start parameters, etc.

So yes, you're right-- a direct FADEC to Jeti telemetry module is the way to go. However, a MUI30 wired in line with the fuel pump is a very simple & economical way to monitor fuel consumption until your turbine manufacturer or a 3rd party releases a Jeti telemetry interface.
Didn't mean to imply that I didn't think these other solutions would work well as I'm sure they do work quite well.

I ordered one of the Xicoy ECU interfaces for my DS16 a few weeks ago but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. It looks to be well made, is very compact and the price seems reasonable. As long as it works as advertized and I'm certain it will, it should be a very nice addition to my jet. The jet with the Xicoy FADEC installed is currently outfitted with Spektrum gear and is waiting to get that replaced with a Jeti receiver, etc before I can try it out.
Feb 05, 2014, 11:56 AM
Quote:
You have to match rubber feet to the holes on the bottom piece.

Zb/Esprit Model

ZB,

There are no holes in the bottom piece. the feet on the bottom are higher at the top of the case then the bottom of the case. they are not allowing the top of the tray to iay flat. Causing a bow to the top piece.
It doesn't look right to me.

Thanks,
Stan
Feb 05, 2014, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drice View Post
I have to say that getting multiple receivers (main + 1 Sat) is an extremely critical function of any radio, and crucial to the safety of our very expensive models.

The Jeti process of getting them connected, reliably functioning, and being able to verify they are working properly, is a ridiculously convoluted process, with many opportunities for making a mistake.

Yes, you can start over if you make a mistake somewhere along the way. Yes, you can down-grade your FW, bind, then upgrade, then modify, blah blah...Yes...people have figured out how to do it. Yes, I have successfully made it happen...ONCE. But it took many hours and a lot of help from the good people on this forum. Thank you!

In most cases, for most functions, I would agree with the masses, that the Jeti programming is more or less "INTUITIVE", but I suspect that my definition of that word is different than some others' here. I, like many folks here, am an EE, am reasonably intelligent, have been modeling for decades...and I would NOT apply that word universally to this system...but it's better than JR/Spektrum.

All that being said...this "dual path" or "clone" mode receiver setup can NOT be described as intuitive. Many more appropriate descriptions come to mind, but the most family friendly one I can think of is that it's "fraught with abundant opportunities for frustration".

I would respectfully request that Jeti look into a simple satellite receiver, that is pre-setup to be a satellite receiver, and nothing else, that can simply be plugged directly into the main receiver (R9, R14, whatever), and just works. Period.

I can build a plane faster than it took me to get 2 receivers connected and working, and now I'm terrified to flash any new firmware.

Thanks.
While I understand your frustration as I had to do quite a bit of head scratching myself for the first model I setup on my DS16, the biggest source of frustration is deciding on whether you want to use "dual path" or "clone" mode for your satellite receiver. To be honest, there is NO requirement that you chose either if you are using something like an R14 receiver, simply fly a single receiver. While redundancy is highly desirable, it isn't absolutely essential in order for a model to be flown successfully. When you want redundancy, you generally want to implement it in a fashion that makes you feel most comfortable. For some that would be with 2 receivers with half the servos connected to one and half the servos connected with other, while others prefer to have all the servos connected to the main receiver Then there is the dual path / clone satellite debate. Having the receiver configurable for servo output, PPM output, etc, is essential to permitting this kind of flexibility. Also, by having all the receivers be able to operate as a main or satellite receiver, it helps reduce inventory for dealers and for modelers like myself that like to have a spare receiver on the shelf. The bottom line is that choices are good and I don't mind spending a bit of extra time making and configuring them when I setup a new model. Like you, my first model took quite a bit if time to get the way I wanted it. The next two only took a few minutes extra to get setup compared to the Spektrum gear I've been using for the past 7 years.
Last edited by wfield0455; Feb 05, 2014 at 03:04 PM.
Feb 05, 2014, 12:39 PM
AeroPanda Team
Quote:

Thanks.
Jeti makes all the tools available for you.. you really do not need to use ALL of them. There is nothing wrong with simply using an R14 in normal mode. Jeti is one of very few transmitters with two RF and in the past most transmitters including the new JR28X have only one RF and all is well. In my opinion the only time you need to have "Double Path" is when you use a CB, which at that time you have an option to use two receivers..

We should be happy that Jeti makes avail of all these tools... but don't go crazy on it and make your life difficult and get stressed... just enjoy the hobby...
Feb 05, 2014, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by La jetguy View Post
Jeti makes all the tools available for you.. you really do not need to use ALL of them. There is nothing wrong with simply using an R14 in normal mode. Jeti is one of very few transmitters with two RF and in the past most transmitters including the new JR28X have only one RF and all is well. In my opinion the only time you need to have "Double Path" is when you use a CB, which at that time you have an option to use two receivers..

We should be happy that Jeti makes avail of all these tools... but don't go crazy on it and make your life difficult and get stressed... just enjoy the hobby...
I hear what you are saying. Overall, I love the Jeti concept, and having 2-way comms, w/telemetric data is awesome.

Not to mention, I've been wanting to go "tray" for a few years now, even though I've been a thumb flyer for 35 years. Something that just wasn't possible until recently, here in the U.S.

To my little brain, a perfect receiver would actually have 3 antennae, so that 1 could be oriented in each of the 3 dimensions. Soo, for my own piece of mind, I want 2 receivers so I can cover all 3 planes of orientation. Soo...even though it's a difficult and convoluted process, I will persevere...but I would LOVE it if Jeti were to make a simple receiver that could plug in and just simply works as an antenna path diversifyer.

Also...I appreciate that you read my post in an objective way. I like objective, logical discourse. Posting opposing opinions on RCG can often lead to an invitation to step into the Octagon.
Feb 05, 2014, 01:16 PM
AeroPanda Team
Quote:
I hear what you are saying. Overall, I love the Jeti concept, and having 2-way comms, w/telemetric data is awesome.

Not to mention, I've been wanting to go "tray" for a few years now, even though I've been a thumb flyer for 35 years. Something that just wasn't possible until recently, here in the U.S.

To my little brain, a perfect receiver would actually have 3 antennae, so that 1 could be oriented in each of the 3 dimensions. Soo, for my own piece of mind, I want 2 receivers so I can cover all 3 planes of orientation. Soo...even though it's a difficult and convoluted process, I will persevere...but I would LOVE it if Jeti were to make a simple receiver that could plug in and just simply works as an antenna path diversifyer.

Also...I appreciate that you read my post in an objective way. I like objective, logical discourse. Posting opposing opinions on RCG can often lead to an invitation to step into the Octagon.
I agree with your last statement 100%....
Feb 05, 2014, 03:24 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by yak55 View Post
ZB,

There are no holes in the bottom piece. the feet on the bottom are higher at the top of the case then the bottom of the case. they are not allowing the top of the tray to iay flat. Causing a bow to the top piece.
It doesn't look right to me.

Thanks,
Stan
Sorry not the feet, but rubber grips. if it does not fit you have to remove the feet. Do not worry the tray has silicone ones.

Zb/Esprit Model
Feb 05, 2014, 03:27 PM
Thread OP
Look like are Phone Lines are down for almost whole day, this never happened before. So peaceful.

Zb/Esprit Model
Feb 05, 2014, 04:45 PM
Quote:
You need 3.13 or higher Rx software. Next week we will have new 3.2xx coming out. UDI, PWM, PPM... protocols will be taken care of.

Zb/Esprit Model
Promises, Promises.............................
Feb 05, 2014, 04:54 PM
AeroPanda Team
Zb. I got # 7500

Quick Reply