Feb 04, 2014, 05:04 PM
Peter, I believe that you DO understand all of it..................
to remove ads between posts
Feb 04, 2014, 05:11 PM
And Yes Kids,

I have just completed my second purchase of a Jeti DS-16, along with many other peripheral devices.............

Not that I needed it, but only because I WANTED it...........................
Feb 04, 2014, 07:32 PM
Who put the rug on the wall?
Sorry to open this can of worms. I have a gps for measuring ground speed and a mseed for airspeed. Today, with no wind as it was dead calm, the two sensors were returning very close figures. I got the mgps to really use in Jeti's Flight Monitor software. See my circuits around the field. Also, since I can use the mgps for a speed return value, I can see if the mspeed is anything close to accurate. Of course that accuracy is variable given the head or tail wind.
Feb 04, 2014, 07:59 PM
Good to know that there's a good indication of accuracy/correlation - did you try a range of speeds?
Feb 04, 2014, 10:07 PM
I purchased a duplex tray for my DS 16.The two longer standoffs of the 4 I placed at the bottom end of the tray.
The bottom end of the board now has a curvature to it that is quite noticeable. The tray is hanging up on the bottom feet of the transmitter.I would prefer to not remove the feet.

Anyone having the same problem, if so did you do anything to correct it? I would hate to see the plastic crack.

Thanks,

Stan
Feb 05, 2014, 12:00 AM
Who put the rug on the wall?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scimart
Good to know that there's a good indication of accuracy/correlation - did you try a range of speeds?
Yes. 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 throttle on to full after burning glory. I did find that my jet was slower than I thought as I was not correcting for head wind or tailwinds. That sucks. But I really enjoy the learning from the forums and peeps more knowledgeable than I. . Loving the possibilities of my jeti. Loving a break from large helis. Loving speed and the whoosh of my Stumax on 12s. Loving full flaps and the "MiG bounce".
Feb 05, 2014, 12:58 AM
AeroPanda Team
I will order a GPS - MGPS sensor this week to try in my jet... Hope it works.. Hate to drill a hole in my UB for pitot tube...
Feb 05, 2014, 04:21 AM

No RSat2 recognised by TX

Im in the process of switching over a model to an RSat2 rx, after initial bind I could see the rx in Device Explorer but couldn't configure it as it thought it was disconected, although i could see it in the JB emulator.

After a bit of digging around, it looked like it might be a firmware issue so I flashed the rx with v3.11 and now its not seen by the tx at all. So I thought maybe I've bricked the rx. So tried another RSat2 that i had with the same results. I can reflash them with no issues, but neither of them now connect with the tx.

Did a bit more testing, took a new out of the box RSat2 that i haven't flashed and this now behaves the same way, as does a previously working RSat2 that was secondary TX on my turbine, the primary R9 is still fine and connects no problem.

I've also reapplied the V2.22 TX update.

It seems like the tx has lost all ability to connect RSat2's

Any one had this issue or can suggest a solution.
Last edited by kevinww; Feb 05, 2014 at 04:42 AM.
Feb 05, 2014, 07:37 AM
You say that the re-flashed Rsats won't connect - did you re-bind them after the re-flash?
If you have a Jetibox, plug it directly into the Rx, then at least you can check whether there's anything in the settings which is causing your problem.
Feb 05, 2014, 07:53 AM
Thats the problem, i cant rebind the reflashed sats or any of the 3 others that haven't been reflashed. I've connected the RSats to a spare R9 that bound no problem to view via the Sats in the JB Emulator and they are all in normal mode and not clone mode.
Feb 05, 2014, 08:10 AM
AeroPanda Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinww
Thats the problem, i cant rebind the reflashed sats or any of the 3 others that haven't been reflashed. I've connected the RSats to a spare R9 that bound no problem to view via the Sats in the JB Emulator and they are all in normal mode and not clone mode.
I'm not sure about RSat2 in the US .. But there is a possibility that they need to be on firmware 3.13 to be seen by TX which is on 2.22...
Feb 05, 2014, 08:20 AM
One RSat2 I used on the turbine as a Sat on the R9 has been fine for the last 4 days while I've been setting it up with V2.22 in the TX. Until this issue came up and I can't see that one either now.
Feb 05, 2014, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yak55
I purchased a duplex tray for my DS 16.The two longer standoffs of the 4 I placed at the bottom end of the tray.
The bottom end of the board now has a curvature to it that is quite noticeable. The tray is hanging up on the bottom feet of the transmitter.I would prefer to not remove the feet.

Anyone having the same problem, if so did you do anything to correct it? I would hate to see the plastic crack.

Thanks,

Stan

I don't have the Jeti tray myself (Secraft instead), but why not call EspritModel and ask them directly............

(1) 321.729.4287
(1) 321.725.3208
Feb 05, 2014, 10:16 AM
Airborne whenever I can.
Quote:
Im in the process of switching over a model to an RSat2 rx, after initial bind I could see the rx in Device Explorer but couldn't configure it as it thought it was disconected, although i could see it in the JB emulator.

After a bit of digging around, it looked like it might be a firmware issue so I flashed the rx with v3.11 and now its not seen by the tx at all. So I thought maybe I've bricked the rx. So tried another RSat2 that i had with the same results. I can reflash them with no issues, but neither of them now connect with the tx.

Did a bit more testing, took a new out of the box RSat2 that i haven't flashed and this now behaves the same way, as does a previously working RSat2 that was secondary TX on my turbine, the primary R9 is still fine and connects no problem.

I've also reapplied the V2.22 TX update.

It seems like the tx has lost all ability to connect RSat2's

Any one had this issue or can suggest a solution.
I don't work with Rsats, it might be possible that you have to start over with a blank memory or delete all receivers + sats and do a new rebind of them.
I had an similar issue with Unisens-E because they have a serial #. I do not know if the Rsats have a serial# in them.
I might be wrong about this
Feb 05, 2014, 10:21 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
One RSat2 I used on the turbine as a Sat on the R9 has been fine for the last 4 days while I've been setting it up with V2.22 in the TX. Until this issue came up and I can't see that one either now.
You need 3.13 or higher Rx software. Next week we will have new 3.2xx coming out. UDI, PWM, PPM... protocols will be taken care of.

Zb/Esprit Model

Quick Reply