Nov 24, 2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemilw07
I have a couple of R9's and an R18 Rx, but no Central Box.

So if I were to install CB200 into any of my aircraft, I'd be looking at buying a couple of other lighter, cheaper Rx's, plus needing an additional R3 to add the wireless switch option.

Does that sound like 'trolling' to you????
In my case, I pay $215 to replace, dsm10, 2 mui30, and a expander. $69 , $38, $35 respectively. $182 plus extensions and connectors. It's a wash.

It's simpler, less weight, less points of failure, more function!

Sell one R14 and I can buy 2 R3. But I already had R5L as sats. So some of us will come out ahead. So when I replace R14 with cb200 it's a wash if I get 2/3 my buy price.

In your case, and since you talk before you think, ill point out that you would continue to be an idiot, if you bought R3s to replace you R9s since to only dif is 4g of weight and about 1cm of length.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Have you tried using 'double path' mode yet??
Yes!
Have you? Have you even read the manuals?
Do you read the posts here? I have posted about my setup!

You have to use dual path with cb200 to really work correctly.
Therefore, each RXs is bound to single tx channel. Not both.

So, you get hardware redundancy, but not any more link redundancy, like you can have that with one rx in normal mode and two in clone normal/clone mode. Only advantage I can see is four antennas, and more placement options, and polarization options.

But here is the thing I don't know. If a rx is in dual path, are each antenna and sub rx active? If yes, then you get placement and polarization benefits. If not, hmmmmmm!
Nov 24, 2013, 01:43 PM
I have more problems LOL

Ive got a mt300 temp, a mrpm rpm sensor, and a mui50 (ignition battery) connected to my cb200. Both temp and rpm appears in sensor menu, but i cant get to connect to the mui50..

All 3 ext ports on cb200 is activated in EXT mode.. And ive deleted/detected/swapped ports for the sensors several times. Even with just the mui50 connected, nothing happens.
I also tried another new mui50 i have with no luck...
Both with and without power supply connected throuhg the mui50.

What can i be doing wrong?
Nov 24, 2013, 01:49 PM
You state that "I am not convinced two RXs adds value!"

My Rx's are already installed in aircraft, so I have nothing left laying around.

Zb has long ago posted a video demonstrating the advantages of using (2) Rx's in 'double path' mode, so are you now also calling Zb an idiot (as you refer to me)????
Nov 24, 2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola.
I have more problems LOL

Ive got a mt300 temp, a mrpm rpm sensor, and a mui50 (ignition battery) connected to my cb200. Both temp and rpm appears in sensor menu, but i cant get to connect to the mui50..

All 3 ext ports on cb200 is activated in EXT mode.. And ive deleted/detected/swapped ports for the sensors several times. Even with just the mui50 connected, nothing happens.

I had the mu3 working on the EXT port. Was using it as voltmeter to check things in the test setup. It works fine.
Ill try moving it to the other ext2/ext3 ports later. Ill try my sensors later to see what happens.
Nov 24, 2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola.
I have more problems LOL

Hi,

connect the MUI50 to a port that is known to transmit telemetry on the CB.

Unplug all other sensors and try to connect to the MUI via JetiBoxEmulation in the TX. If it apears there but not in the listing for telemetry values it is not an EX-sensor.

If it just does not show up in the Device Manager - it is because it is not implemented there yet. Jeti is still working on the update.

gecko
Nov 24, 2013, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
So if I understand this correctly people in the US will need to order a Central Box with three (3) R3 in order to get the full functionality of the CB and remote control on/off of a model?
Wait for the next update for the RX.

Folowing the informations I found the R3 will then be able to do both - Switch and Sat.

Other small RX might be able to be Sat and drive Servos at the same time.

gecko
Nov 24, 2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
You state that "I am not convinced two RXs adds value!"

My Rx's are already installed in aircraft, so I have nothing left laying around.

Zb has long ago posted a video demonstrating the advantages of using (2) Rx's in 'double path' mode, so are you now also calling Zb an idiot (as you refer to me)????
No just you! You just proved it with your ZB has a video so it's golden attitude.

Read Dave, read!!!
I said, there are pros and cons with each config. I didn't say it doesn't work. I didn't say there aren't setups were its not best or even required!

What i did say, is if each rx is only connected to a single tx channel, and none off the old reasons to use dual path mode really exist in a satellite like usage of RXs with a cb200, is there really a benefit?

Dave read the previous paragraph! Try commenting in context. If you actually can comment in context, I might take back half to my pokes at you!
Last edited by cravenjw; Nov 24, 2013 at 02:12 PM.
Nov 24, 2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenjw
Read Dave, read!!!
What is did say, is if each rx is only connected to a single rx channel, and none off the old reasons to use dual path mode really exist in a satellite like usage of RXs with a cb200, is there really a benefit?
What the Hell did you just say????
Nov 24, 2013, 02:13 PM
Quote:
What the Hell did you just say????
Fixed it!

Just for you.
"What i did say, is if each rx is only connected to a single tx channel, and none off the old reasons to use dual path mode really exist in a satellite like usage of RXs with a cb200, is there really a benefit?"
Nov 24, 2013, 02:33 PM
You really do not understand the concept of using two independent Rx's to control the various surfaces on your aircraft, do you?

And then, what if CB200 fails, for any reason? It already sounds like owners are having problems with short-circuit overloads causing high temperature rise, and then if the device shuts down, what's left??

Is there any backup for that???
Nov 24, 2013, 03:24 PM
The one problem with the ignore list is that you can still see davemilw07 posts when people quote them
Nov 24, 2013, 03:25 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
The one problem with the ignore list is that you can still see davemilw07 posts when people quote them
It's a small price to pay ...
Nov 24, 2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko_749
Wait for the next update for the RX.

Folowing the informations I found the R3 will then be able to do both - Switch and Sat.

Other small RX might be able to be Sat and drive Servos at the same time.

gecko
The update will only make the R3 able to function in PPM and use the other plugs as servo control. When the R3 is used as a switch it cannot do anything else.

Quote:
FYI, you don't have to buy R3s for RXs with cb200. You can reuse your old existing RXs. I have it running with 2 x R5Ls. You do need the R3 if you want wireless switch functionality.
Yes I got that part. I means if you start from scratch and want 2 satellites and the Remote switch functionality.
Nov 24, 2013, 03:29 PM
Team JetiUSA
Quote:
Yes!
Have you? Have you even read the manuals?
Do you read the posts here? I have posted about my setup!

You have to use dual path with cb200 to really work correctly.
Therefore, each RXs is bound to single tx channel. Not both.

So, you get hardware redundancy, but not any more link redundancy, like you can have that with one rx in normal mode and two in clone normal/clone mode. Only advantage I can see is four antennas, and more placement options, and polarization options.

But here is the thing I don't know. If a rx is in dual path, are each antenna and sub rx active? If yes, then you get placement and polarization benefits. If not, hmmmmmm!
Yes, BOTH RXs are fully active, so yes, you get four antennae and polarization advantages with dual path mode. True signal diversity!

Peter+

Quick Reply