Thread Tools
Oct 25, 2020, 11:09 PM
Registered User
Funny that XPWR is the problem, but it works fine with Scorpion, CC, and every other JETI ESC that can push 120A.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2020, 02:13 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by helimarc
1. Entering the MULi6M sensor under Device Explorer pops up a message that an update to version 1.05 is required/recommended. I have downloaded the last firmware from jetimodel but it is only v 1.04! I can't find 1.05 anywhere. Thinking it may be the device module on the transmitter that's out of date I checked that my TX is up to date and it is at version 5.04. Can anyone direct me to where to get 1.05 or how to fix this?
Jeti stopped supporting that method long ago. Updates are released through Studio so you need to use that, not the files on their way out of date web pages.
Oct 26, 2020, 02:13 AM
Jets & Kunstflug
CharlJ941's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Post picture from Device Explorer

Zb/Esprit
Hi Zb, to ensure there is no miscommunication I have attached a detailed description of the problem along with screen shots.

Regards
Oct 26, 2020, 03:54 AM
Registered User
Will we see larger Mezon Pro controllers ?
I love my Pro 80 amps !

Thanks

-Brian


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oct 26, 2020, 09:05 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
ltc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Because everything is moving to full integration. Mezons Pros are the future, Mezons are being slowly discontinued.
It has been known for some time.

Use Spin Pro/Elites with MUI sensor.

Zb/Esprit
Known for some time?
Iím sorry but I missed that memo stating that Mezons are being slowly discontinued

So for F3A applications, the (only) recommended solution will be the Spin Pro 99 plus MUI?
Great ESC but IIRC, itís older than the Mezon

Is there a newer higher current Mezon Pro in development ?
Oct 26, 2020, 09:30 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
Known for some time?
Iím sorry but I missed that memo stating that Mezons are being slowly discontinued

So for F3A applications, the (only) recommended solution will be the Spin Pro 99 plus MUI?
Great ESC but IIRC, itís older than the Mezon

Is there a newer higher current Mezon Pro in development ?
"Slowly" being the keyword. Is there any other company selling "new" ESCs that were manufactured 5+ years ago and haven't had firmware updates in 7 years.

Have you checked out the Scorpion Tribunus II?
Oct 26, 2020, 09:58 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12
Hi,
I'm putting together a small jet. The turbine runs on 2S. I know others have used on battery to power the turbine and radio.
I have a Jeti main switch MS100. I was thinking the power for the entire model could run through it. But the MS100 so overkill, I wonder if the sensors would pick up the current? But it seems like a good way to turn the model off/on from the radio.
I guess it depends on your definition of "small jet".... To me that would be something like an Avanti Mini with a 45 sized turbine installed. or even a foamy turbine conversion. If you are talking about something that size or anything small enough that it makes sense to eliminate extra batteries and run everything off the ECU pack then something like a wireless switch (which can handle 100A no less) is probably the single worst thing you could possibly do to a plane of that size. While has cool factor, adding a 1/4lb plus just to turn the plane on/off is asking to turn a potentially nice airplane into a total pig.

On the other hand, if your talking something like a 120 size turbine (which some still consider small) then eliminating the receiver pack or even using a single receiver pack instead of redundant packs and adding a 4-5oz for a wireless switch is eliminate g something useful and makes the model more reliable (safer) and replacing it with basically useless bling...

If you really MUST have a wireless switch then there are several others that cost a fraction of what the 100A switch costs and weigh less too.

The real problem is that when you get in the mindset of adding a little bling to small models one thing leads to another and that extra 4 oz turns into a pound. For small jets it really hard to build something light enough to fly well and adding ANYTHING that isn't absolutely needed is a really BAD idea.

Sorry to rain on your parade but that's the honest opinion of someone that has been flying turbines for 10+ years and has already made that kind of mistake and simply doesn't want to see you end up with a plane you hate to fly because it's too heavy..
Last edited by wfield0455; Oct 26, 2020 at 10:20 AM.
Oct 26, 2020, 10:28 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
Known for some time?
Iím sorry but I missed that memo stating that Mezons are being slowly discontinued

So for F3A applications, the (only) recommended solution will be the Spin Pro 99 plus MUI?
Great ESC but IIRC, itís older than the Mezon

Is there a newer higher current Mezon Pro in development ?
Already in the process, we are working on new line of ESCs with Telemetry and external plug-in BEC with telemetry being daisy chained for simplicity. This way anybody can order OPTO ESC and Add extra BEC module if needed.

Zb/Esprit
Oct 26, 2020, 10:33 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Already in the process, we are working on new line of ESCs with Telemetry and external plug-in BEC with telemetry being daisy chained for simplicity. This way anybody can order OPTO ESC and Add extra BEC module if needed.

Zb/Esprit
Official Jeti ESC?? Or 'elite'

I like my Mezon Pro - but sizes don't go nearly high enough.
I mostly use Mezons because of the different sizes, but share the frustration of not being able to use them on the larger XPWR motors.
If castle has an (much older) firmware that works perfect, why not Jeti?
Oct 26, 2020, 10:36 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusfo
Official Jeti ESC?? Or 'elite'

I like my Mezon Pro - but sizes don't go nearly high enough.
What difference does it make? We are working on ESC up to 160A continues w/telemetry.

Zb/Esprit
Oct 26, 2020, 10:39 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
What difference does it make? We are working on ESC up to 160A ESC continues.

Zb/Esprit
Maybe nothing....but it makes me wonder what Jeti is up to in the ESC lineup. If they are going to make larger Mezon Pros then great.
Oct 26, 2020, 10:41 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
What difference does it make? We are working on ESC up to 160A continues w/telemetry.

Zb/Esprit
To further answer, for me it's a trust thing. I know nothing about the Elite brand. Who makes it etc. I fully trust the Jeti brand. Elite brand may be great, I just haven't usedd anyting from the brand. Is that brand designed and built buy you guys at Esprit?
Oct 26, 2020, 10:43 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
ltc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randino
"Slowly" being the keyword. Is there any other company selling "new" ESCs that were manufactured 5+ years ago and haven't had firmware updates in 7 years.

Have you checked out the Scorpion Tribunus II?
Apart from the issue with Mezon 90 and some F3A setups, Iíve been very happy with the Mezons in all my planes
I know some helicopter pilots avoid Mezons as well.

If the code is stable and works across most all applications, I see no reason to update it

I looked at the Scorpion and never saw a need to buy it.
I looked at the XPWR motor and again saw no compelling reason why if buy one over a motor from Hacker
Oct 26, 2020, 10:49 AM
Registered User
Puttputtmaru's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
Apart from the issue with Mezon 90 and some F3A setups, Iíve been very happy with the Mezons in all my planes
I know some helicopter pilots avoid Mezons as well.

If the code is stable and works across most all applications, I see no reason to update it

I looked at the Scorpion and never saw a need to buy it.
I looked at the XPWR motor and again saw no compelling reason why if buy one over a motor from Hacker
Donít you know that ę†NEW†Ľ is always better. (Just pulling your leg)

I am happy with Mezon in my electric plane, EF 91 extra, I cannot say the same with my helicopters, they all burned luckily before take off on spool up.

I must say that my first and only experience with a ę†large†Ľ electric plane has been great but for the very short flight time. Give me gas anytime for planes.

Helicopters are a different breed and I am very much in love with electric there. No more clean up too
Oct 26, 2020, 11:25 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
Donít you know that ę†NEW†Ľ is always better. (Just pulling your leg)

I am happy with Mezon in my electric plane, EF 91 extra, I cannot say the same with my helicopters, they all burned luckily before take off on spool up.

I must say that my first and only experience with a ę†large†Ľ electric plane has been great but for the very short flight time. Give me gas anytime for planes.

Helicopters are a different breed and I am very much in love with electric there. No more clean up too
Mezon was the only product that was NOT developed in house, new Mezon Pro that all in.

Zb/Esprit


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools