Sep 25, 2020, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark426
Thanks wfield455,

It works as you described. I just wrongly thought that it turned backlight to the selected intensity when the sticks/switches we moved.

Mark
I'm assuming that you were looking for that behavior because you wanted to be able to read the display while flying. Unfortunately that behavior would also drain your batteries quickly which is really the only reason not to select always on. However, I never look at the screen while flying anymore. For example, if I want to know how much time remains on my flight timer I use an acceleromotor to trigger a voice announcement. For example, tilt transmitter left and it tells me flight time remaining, in my Jets, tilt transmitter right and it tells me fuel remaining, etc. Much more convenience and considerably safer than looking away from a model in flight to look at the transmitter display..
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2020, 01:58 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitlow
Any word on when he Duo Input Voltario's will be in? I could us e a couple on some new F3A builds.

Not yet, BUT we are getting something extra, and I really like this new awesome feature. Voltario T60 will be able to charge backup battery connected to the secondary port. You will be able to turn On/Off this feature, adjust voltage level that it will stop and select if you want to use only Primary or Secondary power input.

We are 3-4 weeks away from final product.

Zb/Esprit

https://blog.espritmodel.com/we-want...e-jeti-family/

Last edited by Esprit Model; Sep 25, 2020 at 03:07 PM.
Sep 25, 2020, 02:27 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Not yet, BUT we are getting something extra, I like this new awesome feature. Voltario T60 will be able to charge backup battery connected to the secondary port. You will be able to turn On/Off this feature, adjust voltage level that it will stop and select if you want to use only Primary or Secondary power input.

We are 3-4 weeks away from final product.

Zb/Esprit

https://blog.espritmodel.com/we-want...e-jeti-family/

Zb
How do you limit or control current to the (backup) battery during charge ?
I donít think a simple CV charge is the best approach
Sep 26, 2020, 08:02 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
Zb
How do you limit or control current to the (backup) battery during charge ?
I donít think a simple CV charge is the best approach
It will be fixed at 0.2A, this is more like maintenance charging. You are keeping backup battery fully charged without need to remove it every time you go flying. Li-poly have very low self-discharge rate. When charging is enabled, your primary input has to have higher voltage.

Zb/Esprit
Sep 26, 2020, 10:51 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
It will be fixed at 0.2A, this is more like maintenance charging. You are keeping backup battery fully charged without need to remove it every time you go flying. Li-poly have very low self-discharge rate. When charging is enabled, your primary input has to have higher voltage.

Zb/Esprit
It is generally not recommended to leave a LiPo fully charged for long periods, as it leads to increased IR and lowered capacity.
Generally LiPo should be stored at 3.8V as soon as practical.
This is less of an issue with LiFePO4 which would be a better choice for this type of charging.

Is there a separate charger / DC input port on this new adapter?
Sep 26, 2020, 01:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
It is generally not recommended to leave a LiPo fully charged for long periods, as it leads to increased IR and lowered capacity.
Generally LiPo should be stored at 3.8V as soon as practical.
This is less of an issue with LiFePO4 which would be a better choice for this type of charging.

Is there a separate charger / DC input port on this new adapter?
You can adjust end voltage, simply we can dial lover and charging will stop. That leaves battery at 80%, backup battery does not have to be full.
T60 will give you telemetry mah Used from both power inputs.

Charging is done from primary power input.

Zb/Esprit
Sep 26, 2020, 07:57 PM
Ok Jeti Pros...here's one for you:

I've set up 4 models this exact same way - and have never seen this issue until yesterday.

REX10, R3-900, DSM-ESC with a small LIFE battery as backup.

Everything is configured correctly, as I have done every other model. When I use the magnetic key to power up the model using the LIFE battery (have used multiple fully charged), I get a constant one minute or so 'Beep Beep....Beep Beep' and I can see the Q value vary on my screen - but not down to where I have my Low Q warning. It continues for around a minute, and then completely stops forever. It does not exhibit this behavior when powering up the model using the BEC from the ESC. No signal issues in flight at all.

The settings are the same as my other models. R900 EX BUS from E1, REX10 Exbus input/backup. The R3-900 is verified to work as a backup.

Any ideas? I used this exact same RX in a different plane and it never did this. I don't think it did this before I added the R900 backup - but I need to check, but the weird thing is it is the REX10 that shows a moving Q value -- but only for 1 minute, then it's rock solid on 100.

I've tried a spare DSM-ESC, and a spare R3-900. Same issue.

What is also maddening is that I have morse code alarms turned off - and have made my low q and signal alarms a voice. So what is this incessent beeping!!!!
Last edited by airbusfo; Sep 26, 2020 at 08:13 PM.
Sep 26, 2020, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusfo
Ok Jeti Pros...here's one for you:

I've set up 4 models this exact same way - and have never seen this issue until yesterday.

REX10, R3-900, DSM-ESC with a small LIFE battery as backup.

Everything is configured correctly, as I have done every other model. When I use the magnetic key to power up the model using the LIFE battery (have used multiple fully charged), I get a constant one minute or so 'Beep Beep....Beep Beep' and I can see the Q value vary on my screen - but not down to where I have my Low Q warning. It continues for around a minute, and then completely stops forever. It does not exhibit this behavior when powering up the model using the BEC from the ESC. No signal issues in flight at all.

The settings are the same as my other models. R900 EX BUS from E1, REX10 Exbus input/backup. The R3-900 is verified to work as a backup.

Any ideas? I used this exact same RX in a different plane and it never did this. I don't think it did this before I added the R900 backup - but I need to check, but the weird thing is it is the REX10 that shows a moving Q value -- but only for 1 minute, then it's rock solid on 100.

I've tried a spare DSM-ESC, and a spare R3-900. Same issue.

What is also maddening is that I have morse code alarms turned off - and have made my low q and signal alarms a voice. So what is this incessent beeping!!!!
The beep beep beep sounds like it is powering up in bind mode which happens to time out after about 1 minute. What is plugged into the EXT port.. Just trying to think if there could be something that before powered up could keep the signal pin of the EXT port grounded for a bit (long enough to enter bind mode)...

What ESC are you using, is is a Jeti ESC that has a telemetry output connected to the EXT port of the receiver ? If that is the case I'm guessing when you power up using the DSM10 via back up battery that the ESC connection to the receiver EXT port is placing it in bind mode. because the ESC isn't power up yet..
Sep 26, 2020, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfield0455
The beep beep beep sounds like it is powering up in bind mode which happens to time out after about 1 minute. What is plugged into the EXT port.. Just trying to think if there could be something that before powered up could keep the signal pin of the EXT port grounded for a bit (long enough to enter bind mode)...

What ESC are you using, is is a Jeti ESC that has a telemetry output connected to the EXT port of the receiver ? If that is the case I'm guessing when you power up using the DSM10 via back up battery that the ESC connection to the receiver EXT port is placing it in bind mode. because the ESC isn't power up yet..
HA!

That was it. I was hoping you'd know the answer!

I had my telemetry output from the ESC going into the EXT port with the power wire cut. I moved it to E1 and set it as a sensor. Problem solved!!
Thanks!
Sep 27, 2020, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
Sure it can be (posted already by Frank and me):

> Start old Jeti radio with receiver powered on
-> Go to the Jeti-Box
-> chose Tx
-> choose paring
-> Switch new radio on (you should have 60s to do it)

-> Jetibox -> then you should see Tx
-> navigate to Rx with right arrow
-> then push the down arrow
-> then you should see: Pairing
-> then use the up arrow to activate the paring sequence (60s)
-> then you can start your second jeti radio
-> and the pairing will be tranfered
Finally got to try this out and it worked perfect no problem moving receiver from transmitter to another transmitter. Transferred all models and settings to each transmitter and very easy to swap control.

Thanks to all the suggestions and to Puttputtmaru...
Sep 28, 2020, 11:00 PM
Hit my smoke....

V-tail quick link

Anyone tried these doo dads? Looks like a tidy means to connect a v-tail. I presume I need something threaded at the end of the pushrod? Does that bit come with?
Sep 30, 2020, 08:43 AM
Michael
I've used that product over several years to have a detachable set of floats with water rudder controlled by a bellcrank on the landing gear and a pushrod with two of the spring loaded ball links to the air rudder. I've never noticed a change in length.

The wire pushrod already was threaded on both ends.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostage-46
Anyone tried these doo dads? Looks like a tidy means to connect a v-tail. I presume I need something threaded at the end of the pushrod? Does that bit come with?
Sep 30, 2020, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve51
Finally got to try this out and it worked perfect no problem moving receiver from transmitter to another transmitter. Transferred all models and settings to each transmitter and very easy to swap control.

Thanks to all the suggestions and to Puttputtmaru...
Glad it helped. I have to thank the guy who posted it first (canít remember who) because I had some hard to reach Rx too in some planes and jets when I switched from DC-16 to DC-24.
Oct 03, 2020, 07:47 AM
Looks like Spirit is becoming an integral part of Jeti now as no other FBL have that access.

This is from the list of the latest update for all Jeti Tx version 5.04 (update from the Jeti Studio as usual)

Quote:
New wizard for helicopters equipped with the Spirit FBL stabilization unit. In the Main Menu Ė Heli Tuning it is possible to enter directly the configuration menu of the FBL unit.
Oct 03, 2020, 09:41 AM
Hi Guys, I order a new DS 16 G2 radio. I’ve been reading online manual and how to videos, so don’t ask to many dump ass question right away, when radio is released. Hahahaha. I have a question I know you can change stick to have a one or two button switch on stick. Just wondering if any you have this how you use it?

Thanks
Axle

Quick Reply