Aug 14, 2020, 11:10 AM
Thread OP
Look another addition to ever expanding Jeti/Elite family.

Now in production, brand new Elite 6-BUS Channel Expander. Get up to 6 servos (PWM) or 5 servos and EX Bus or Telemetry from single Jeti EX Bus port on your receiver.

Zb/Esprit
Last edited by Esprit Model; Aug 14, 2020 at 08:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2020, 04:12 PM
ah dinnae ken
Hi-
E1 EXBUS turned out to be okay - I had a bad jumper!
Thank goodness!
Aug 14, 2020, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Look another addition to ever expanding Jeti/Elite family.

Now in production, brand new Elite 6-BUS Converter. Get up to 6 servos (PWM) or 5 servos and EX Bus or Telemetry from single Jeti EX Bus port on your receiver.

Zb/Esprit
You are powering up to 6 servos through one socket and wire?
Aug 14, 2020, 05:48 PM
ah dinnae ken
Only for bench testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryC
Aug 14, 2020, 08:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryC
Small servos not a problem, small DLG does not pull anything.
And for anything bigger, think servo is not channel/function.
Many functions do not need high current, lights, gyro, retract with extra battery .....

But we will be selling 2 types of cables, standard 6”/125mm with JR connector and
10”/250mm with silicone leads and JR signal connector.

Zb/Esprit

Aug 15, 2020, 05:58 AM
Tonight I experienced a crash which initially thought was interference related because at the time it was going down (from only about 50-100ft altitude) I heard my "warning" audible which tells me when Q < 20%. After getting home and looking at the log, I was surprised to see supply voltage dropping out prior to R1 (an R7 EX) Q dropping to 0. Voltage was supplied by an ESC set to 6.0v output. Evidently the voltage drop triggered the reboot at the "?" pointed in red. What is the voltage threshold at which Jeti receivers will reboot? My Vmin recorded was 5.76v.
Last edited by Jeff Worsham; Aug 15, 2020 at 08:27 AM.
Aug 15, 2020, 06:05 AM
Hi,

while the RX boots up he can't send any telemetry

Min voltage is around 3.3 I think because they work fine with 1 Lipo cell.

I think the BEC restartet.

regards

gecko
Aug 15, 2020, 10:14 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Strange..,
Espritmodel website https://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dup...telemetry.aspx says 3.2V but the Jeti manual https://file.espritmodel.com/documen.../jeti-rex7.pdf says 3.5V minimum operation

Were you running a DSM or backup battery in the plane? Did they both fail?
What is the type / connection of battery wiring used?
Sorry to hear about the loss
Aug 15, 2020, 12:02 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737

PowerBox Pioneer with Jeti telemetry

Looks like a really nice alternative/replacement for the Jeti CB2xx

https://www.aeropanda.com/collection...werbox-pioneer

Built in gyro, small aluminum case, 2 BAT inputs, full Jeti telemetry (with .bin file since they mention full programming from Tx?), pushbutton or magnetics switch

Coming from Powerbox I would expect the quality to be what you e come to expect from their Powerboxes over the years
It’s also nice to see them offering Jeti telemetry support in addition to their native Core protocol

Just have to find a good plane to put one in to try !
Aug 15, 2020, 12:19 PM
In search of speed......
I highly doubt it would in the devices....probably just the jetibox....
Aug 15, 2020, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
Looks like a really nice alternative/replacement for the Jeti CB2xx

https://www.aeropanda.com/collection...werbox-pioneer

Built in gyro, small aluminum case, 2 BAT inputs, full Jeti telemetry (with .bin file since they mention full programming from Tx?), pushbutton or magnetics switch

Coming from Powerbox I would expect the quality to be what you e come to expect from their Powerboxes over the years
It’s also nice to see them offering Jeti telemetry support in addition to their native Core protocol

Just have to find a good plane to put one in to try !
You need the Gyro sat to have the gyro as I understand it and it is only one battery input:

https://www.aeropanda.com/products/p...f2f15e9e&_ss=r

If you want the Gyro in it and two battery input, you have to go to PowerBox Mercury SRS which also has power regulator in it:

https://www.aeropanda.com/collection...werbox-mercury

But even with the sat gyro it comes out to about 300 USD, sounds very good indeed depending on your needs.
Last edited by Puttputtmaru; Aug 15, 2020 at 12:54 PM.
Aug 15, 2020, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
Strange..,
Espritmodel website https://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dup...telemetry.aspx says 3.2V but the Jeti manual https://file.espritmodel.com/documen.../jeti-rex7.pdf says 3.5V minimum operation

Were you running a DSM or backup battery in the plane? Did they both fail?
What is the type / connection of battery wiring used?
Sorry to hear about the loss
Thanks ltc- it's just a foamy Night Timber so no great loss (repairable). The Avian "Smart" ESC was the last bit of of Spektrum electronics in it after replacing the BNF servos (2 of 6 had failed) and the BNF receiver (12 holds in one flight, was lucky to get it back that time). So with MKS servos and and a 2 Jeti receiver setup, what was left to fail? I should have known . I run backup power in everything larger and over the years that's saved a 2m pattern plane on 3 occasions, so I'm a believer, just didn't expect to get bit here. Another experience to learn from .
Aug 15, 2020, 06:08 PM
Balsadust Everywhere!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Worsham
Tonight I experienced a crash which initially thought was interference related because at the time it was going down (from only about 50-100ft altitude) I heard my "warning" audible which tells me when Q < 20%. After getting home and looking at the log, I was surprised to see supply voltage dropping out prior to R1 (an R7 EX) Q dropping to 0. Voltage was supplied by an ESC set to 6.0v output. Evidently the voltage drop triggered the reboot at the "?" pointed in red. What is the voltage threshold at which Jeti receivers will reboot? My Vmin recorded was 5.76v.
The BEC in you ESC is to be suspected.
If set to 6.0V, voltage should stay there and not "move" that much, unless it's faulty or overloaded.
The receiver works well up to 1cell lipo (3.x V), but from you graph I suspect your ESC is just shutting down and then resetting.

Saludos,
Jean Paul
Aug 15, 2020, 06:34 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Worsham
Thanks ltc- it's just a foamy Night Timber so no great loss (repairable). The Avian "Smart" ESC was the last bit of of Spektrum electronics in it after replacing the BNF servos (2 of 6 had failed) and the BNF receiver (12 holds in one flight, was lucky to get it back that time). So with MKS servos and and a 2 Jeti receiver setup, what was left to fail? I should have known . I run backup power in everything larger and over the years that's saved a 2m pattern plane on 3 occasions, so I'm a believer, just didn't expect to get bit here. Another experience to learn from .
Still hate to see any plane lost.
Regarding the Spektrum ESC ... Spektrum and Castle Creations ... friends don’t let friends, well you know.
Aug 15, 2020, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Small servos not a problem, small DLG does not pull anything.
And for anything bigger, think servo is not channel/function.
Many functions do not need high current, lights, gyro, retract with extra battery .....

But we will be selling 2 types of cables, standard 6”/125mm with JR connector and
10”/250mm with silicone leads and JR signal connector.

Zb/Esprit
Do you have any plans to develop a powered hub based on this product?

Quick Reply