Jul 31, 2020, 03:07 PM
In search of speed......
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12
I have a EDF jet set up with a Cortex Pro and REX12.
Is there a way to assign the ailerons, elevators and rudder functions to channels 13-17 on the ExBus to the CortexPro?
It also looks like I need to connect E1 to the CortexPro. So can I use E2 for a R900 backup receiver?
Jets have so much stuff to plug in. Right now ever slot is filled except 1-4 because they are the A, E& R.
I not sure how to best use the REX 12 with the Cortex Pro without having a central box. My airplane is too small for a Central Box.
(Harry - this would be a great video!)
In my mini T-1 I also have the REX12 and the Cortex pro (CP)...I when E1 Exbus into the CP slow 2 and servoís into slot 1-6

The 6 RX output can also be reprogrammed for channel 13 +

And E2 got a additional RX (900 didnít exist then so itís a R3)
Last edited by Dansy; Jul 31, 2020 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Photo
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2020, 03:24 PM
Makin' future-scrap
Dansy,
That is a very neat set up. It is exactly what I wish to do. What channels did you assign the ailerons, elevators and rudder servos too?
Thx
Jul 31, 2020, 03:31 PM
Quote:
I have a EDF jet set up with a Cortex Pro and REX12.
Is there a way to assign the ailerons, elevators and rudder functions to channels 13-17 on the ExBus to the CortexPro?
It also looks like I need to connect E1 to the CortexPro. So can I use E2 for a R900 backup receiver?
Jets have so much stuff to plug in. Right now ever slot is filled except 1-4 because they are the A, E& R.
I not sure how to best use the REX 12 with the Cortex Pro without having a central box. My airplane is too small for a Central Box.
(Harry - this would be a great video!)
Exbus just passes on the data stream from the transmitter. It is not modified, re-mapped, or failsafed by the Rx. That last point is going to give you a problem. To get A, E, R on exbus channels 13 to 17 you have to assign them to those channels at the Tx, which also means that you will go into 24 channel mode. Your problem is that if the Rx goes into failsafe, it only failsafes servo sockets, it does not failsafe the Exbus data.
Jul 31, 2020, 03:45 PM
In search of speed......
Quote:
Dansy,
That is a very neat set up. It is exactly what I wish to do. What channels did you assign the ailerons, elevators and rudder servos too?
Thx
Thank you, this is 2017 era setup....

1-2 ailerons
3-4 elevators
5 rudder

Slot A after programming the CP is the additional power.......B ExBus and 1-5 for servo...

The I when into the Devices REX 12 and reprogrammed slotís 1-2-3 to channel 13-14-15......to other thing...like the throttle is in slot 1 something F1 Rocket called advance programming LOL
Aug 01, 2020, 02:16 AM
AeroPanda Team
Quote:
Dansy,
Thx
Jimbo12.... Look into re mapping outputs in receiver. We do this a lot when we use REX12 with CP..

For example pin 1 on REX12 is assigned for Aileron 1 in servo Assignment but we plug Aileron 1 to pin 1 on CP..... we then remap output pin1 to throttle and physically plug throttle control to REX12 pin 1

Beauty of remapping outputs... therefor when using REX12 and CP we can have a total of 18 (12 on REX12 and 6 on CP) controllable channels

You can even get 2 more channels by using an ExBus expander like CTU...

David
Aug 01, 2020, 01:50 PM
In search of speed......
I think you can also used port A of the CP for another servo.....in That mode....
Aug 01, 2020, 06:44 PM
Has anyone measured the MUI sensors against a amp meter to see how accurate they are?
Aug 01, 2020, 07:13 PM
Makin' future-scrap
Hi,
I have and found they match. However, my clamp-on Amp meter hasn't been calibrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhorn
Has anyone measured the MUI sensors against a amp meter to see how accurate they are?
Aug 01, 2020, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Hi,
I have and found they match. However, my clamp-on Amp meter hasn't been calibrated.
If thats the case that would explain why I burned up my esc.
Aug 01, 2020, 09:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhorn
I had Mezon Pro, MUI 150 and Whatt Meter all in line checking if numbers match, all good.

Zb/Esprit
Aug 02, 2020, 12:51 AM
Jets & Kunstflug

Jeti Trainer Mode

Hello Zb,

I have a strange question, with the wired Jeti trainer setup can you use a DC24 configured in mode 2 as the master and a DS24 configured in mode 1 as the trainer. I am new to jets and have been flying large scales and sticks all my life so jets are totally new to me. Unfortunately there are very few members at my club who fly jets on mode 1, but I have a friend who flies jets unbelievably well and is willing to teach me the ropes, but he needs to be able to take over when it comes to landing the first few flights and he needs to fly on his DC24 which is in mode 2.

Regards
Aug 02, 2020, 02:58 AM

Graupner-Jeti

Hello, first of all congratulate you on your forum. I have gone from graupner to jeti ds, I was wondering if the telemetry modules of the hott system are compatible with jeti.
Thank you very much
Aug 02, 2020, 05:04 AM
Hi,

Graupner sensors will not work with jeti without additional Hardware.

Sensors from SM for instance can be set to jeti telemetry.

regards

gecko
Aug 02, 2020, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlJ941
Hello Zb,

I have a strange question, with the wired Jeti trainer setup can you use a DC24 configured in mode 2 as the master and a DS24 configured in mode 1 as the trainer. I am new to jets and have been flying large scales and sticks all my life so jets are totally new to me. Unfortunately there are very few members at my club who fly jets on mode 1, but I have a friend who flies jets unbelievably well and is willing to teach me the ropes, but he needs to be able to take over when it comes to landing the first few flights and he needs to fly on his DC24 which is in mode 2.

Regards
Yes you can use a mode 1 student with a mode 2 teacher. To save you the trouble, DON'T try to copy the transmitter setup from the teacher to student. The student transmitter looks like nothing but a collection of sticks and switches and ALL functions are handled by the program in the teacher transmitter. The student transmitter program needs to use default end points, doesn't need any mixes and all rates should be left at 100% (no dual rates). Since you are flying mode 1and I assume your Jet is programmed to work with your transmitter you will need to copy your program to the mode 2 transmitter and adjust the control selection to use mode 2 in the teacher transmitter and bind your jet to the teacher transmitter. You will then need to create a student program on your transmitter with default end points (+/-100%) , no dual rates, etc. ALL of those functions will be handled in the teacher transmitter and if you change the end points, and rates your travels will end up being scaled in BOTH the student and teacher transmitters and all the control surface deflections will be wrong when controlled by the student. dual rate controls selected by the student transmitter are done by using emulated controls which is described in the manual. IF you have further questions feel free to ask.
Aug 02, 2020, 10:15 AM
Jets & Kunstflug
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfield0455
Yes you can use a mode 1 student with a mode 2 teacher. To save you the trouble, DON'T try to copy the transmitter setup from the teacher to student. The student transmitter looks like nothing but a collection of sticks and switches and ALL functions are handled by the program in the teacher transmitter. The student transmitter program needs to use default end points, doesn't need any mixes and all rates should be left at 100% (no dual rates). Since you are flying mode 1and I assume your Jet is programmed to work with your transmitter you will need to copy your program to the mode 2 transmitter and adjust the control selection to use mode 2 in the teacher transmitter and bind your jet to the teacher transmitter. You will then need to create a student program on your transmitter with default end points (+/-100%) , no dual rates, etc. ALL of those functions will be handled in the teacher transmitter and if you change the end points, and rates your travels will end up being scaled in BOTH the student and teacher transmitters and all the control surface deflections will be wrong when controlled by the student. dual rate controls selected by the student transmitter are done by using emulated controls which is described in the manual. IF you have further questions feel free to ask.
Thanks Zb, appreciate the detailed explanation. Will get back to you if I have more questions.

Quick Reply