Jun 29, 2020, 11:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhorn
Very nice video, thank you. I do have a few more questions. Is this the same polyfuse that was in the original CB200 with a redesigned aluminum case? Did the CB 200 have the same amp ratings as the new CB220? I was able to find the video testing of the fuse on the CB220 and the radio sounds out an alarm. I am a little confused as to what the polyfuse protects? Does it protect the port that has the short and allows the rest of the unit to work? Same question for the CB210, in the testing video the short caused the pin to evaporate but I can only assume the rest of the unit still works.
No the Standard Fuses on CB220 are the same as on original CB200, new ones are 7+A
But that is all based on time/load/cooling.

Poly-Fuses protect individual servo ports, short/overload will heatup fuse and system will disconnect power if needed.
As soon as fuse cools off it will reconnect. The CB210 has NO protection, exactly, pin will vaporize.

The Central Box 220 has a unique design that provides overload protection for up to 11 Standard (up to 415 oz/in, 30 kg/cm) and 4 Ultra Torque (up to 830 oz/in, 60 kg/cm) servos.

Zb/Esprit
Last edited by Esprit Model; Jun 29, 2020 at 01:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2020, 12:42 PM
Balsadust Everywhere!!!!
Thanks for the info guys... ...nice options.

MULi 6 is only 6 grams with a very long cable. At least you know from the Voltage that the "flight is almost over"...
MUI is a complete option, but it is seems much heavier. Maybe the 21g figure includes the weight of long cables???

Maybe the Advance 70 ProSB + MUI75 could also work. I have had very good experiencies with the "blue" Jeti Advance ESC in the past.
I will check the YGE ESC and SM Modell Bau Unisensor as well.

KEEP HEALTHY

Saludos,
Jean Paul
Last edited by J.Paul; Jun 29, 2020 at 12:48 PM.
Jun 29, 2020, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlgmad
Hi this mite have been asked before... im looking for WAV file for "low rate" and Hi rate". Or is there a list other than the Jeti website.

Thanks

Garth
On a Mac you can generate any speech using commands like:

say -o hello.wav [email protected] --channels=1 --voice=Samantha "Hello"

Just change the phrase and output file. You can also play with which voice is used, the rate of speech, etc.

I'm sure windows has something equivalent.
Jun 29, 2020, 02:01 PM
Makin' future-scrap
Hi,
I use google text to speech to make Wave files. I just did the same for high rates and low rates. They work.
The files are attached herein.
Jun 30, 2020, 06:50 AM

S-Bus and Naza on jeti

I have some older Naza H flybarless units and a Neuron Eznov FBL, but I can't get the outputs right, not in the S-bus way and also as a standard receiver the outputs aren't what they should be?

The channel outputs in S-Bus are also not in the order as shown in the display ?

I am afraid that will soon have to replace all my FbL units

However, I have already ordered the new Spirit RS + Geolink for my scale helicopters

i am using a DS12 and a rex7 receiver.
Jun 30, 2020, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helikapoter
I have some older Naza H flybarless units and a Neuron Eznov FBL, but I can't get the outputs right, not in the S-bus way and also as a standard receiver the outputs aren't what they should be?

The channel outputs in S-Bus are also not in the order as shown in the display ?

I am afraid that will soon have to replace all my FbL units

However, I have already ordered the new Spirit RS + Geolink for my scale helicopters

i am using a DS12 and a rex7 receiver.
Pretty sure you simply configured things wrong. If the channel order is wrong for both the servo outputs and for SBUS then you must have remapped them in the receiver. What firmware version are you using on the REX7 ? Post screen captures of the Receiver outputs screen.
Jun 30, 2020, 09:46 AM
Makin' future-scrap
Hi,
I was getting some weird behavior yesterday.
I'm using a YGE ESC w/ Exbus telemetry. The YGE stopped sending data after two minutes or so of flight time. I could see this in the log files. It happed twice and I've not been able to get it to do the same on the ground.
My retracts have two servos for the front gear doors. The doors were opening about the same time the YGE was dropping signal. Again, this has not been replicated during ground testing afterwards.
The Rx has a dedicated battery. Logs indicate good voltage and antenna signal throughout the flight.
Jun 30, 2020, 10:55 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12
Hi,
I'm using a YGE ESC w/ Exbus telemetry. The YGE stopped sending data after two minutes or so of flight time. I could see this in the log files. It happed twice and I've not been able to get it to do the same on the ground.
My retracts have two servos for the front gear doors. The doors were opening about the same time the YGE was dropping signal. Again, this has not been replicated during ground testing afterwards.
The Rx has a dedicated battery. Logs indicate good voltage and antenna signal throughout the flight.

Fix your wiring, I am positive there is no EX Bus integration on YGE ESCs otherwise you would see them in Device Explorer.

Zb/Esprit
Jun 30, 2020, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Hi,
A quick google search showed that telemetry can sometimes freeze when using an Assist receiver but that issue has been fixed in firmware V1.03370. Are you using an Assist and do you have the latest firmware everywhere?
Jun 30, 2020, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Hi,
Hi,

send a report to YGE with info about ESC-firmware. Does the ESC has a BEC and are the red wires from the ESC isolated ?

And without information about the plane, the RC-equipment and the firmwares its dificult to say something.
Uploading the log might be helpful ...

regards

gecko
Jun 30, 2020, 11:48 AM
D T
D T
Quote:
Hi,
Been using the YGE 65 with no issues. Never had a droop of telemetry from the ESC/BEC on my DS-16.
Check if you need to update the software of the YGE. You will need the special USB connector.
Jun 30, 2020, 02:16 PM
Makin' future-scrap
Hi,
I have the YGE PC Tool That is how I set it up to output telemetry to the REX 10.
I will try updating the firmware.
According to the YGE manual it does integrate with Exbus and you can get to it in device explorer. However, I was not seeing the ESC in Device Explorer and this may be due to the firmware.
Jun 30, 2020, 04:45 PM
Hi,

YGE ESC use EXBus but they are not integrated in DeviceExplorer. There is no .bin file. They can be configured via JetiBox Emuaion.

regards

gecko
Jun 30, 2020, 05:43 PM
I have a P51 with a REX12A, It has Robart electric retracts... the controller is on CH-9 and the rear wheel steering servo is on CH-8, Looking for a "Logical" way to stop the steering servo from moving when the wheel is up? A bit concerned the steering cables could get tangle when they slack up... any ideas?

Thanks, RidgeMan
Jun 30, 2020, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeMan
I have a P51 with a REX12A, It has Robart electric retracts... the controller is on CH-9 and the rear wheel steering servo is on CH-8, Looking for a "Logical" way to stop the steering servo from moving when the wheel is up? A bit concerned the steering cables could get tangle when they slack up... any ideas?

Thanks, RidgeMan
The basics (over simplification) are to have 2 of the 3 Assist flight modes switched between via the gear switch. The "gear down" assist flight mode has the steering channel checked off in the that flight mode while the "gear up" has the steering channel cleared in it's assist flight mode. This will prevent the steering servos from constantly moving as the plane yaws with the gear up. You also MUST perform the stick calibration with the gear down so that the Assist will learn that it needs to stabilize the steering servo as part of the Yaw axis.
As for the normal steering, just create a separate "steering" function and assign it to your rudder stick. In the dual rates for the steering function (assign gear switch as rate switch) you can simply set the rate to 0% with the gear up which will prevent steering and center the servo. Set what ever rate desired you want to give the desired steering with the gear down.

Done.

Not familiar with the robart electric gear controller but the other units I've had (Electron) also accepted the rudder channel as an input and provided a steering output which was disabled for gear up and enabled for gear down. This would prevent the Assist steering with gear up also. With that feature it becomes a no brainer but I'm guessing robart doesn't have that ?

Quick Reply