May 22, 2020, 05:50 PM
Setting a different turbine startup other than trim up throttle up down start.

So here goes again. I run a wren turbine on a Heli and have been trying to setup a start switch that uses a momentary switch. I am wanting to have this start a sequence that moves the throttle from 0-100-0.

What I have down so far is I have a 2 position switch that gives me trim up and down. This works great.

I have tried to set up a sequence which I can do but when I assign it to throttle channel my throttle stick no longer works. I wanting to have the sequence triggered by the momentary switch. The sequence should only run when the 2 position switch is in trim up or on position.

What am I missing. I have tried logical switches and can manage to have the 2 position switch inhibit the momentary if not in correct position. The only thing I canít get me head around is how to have the sequence control the throttle channel using the momentary switch just to run sequence then return control back to throttle stick.

I starting to go grey and the grey matter upstairs is also a bit slow.

Let me know any thoughts.

Thanks Pierre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2020, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierredliica
Setting a different turbine startup other than trim up throttle up down start.

So here goes again. I run a wren turbine on a Heli and have been trying to setup a start switch that uses a momentary switch. I am wanting to have this start a sequence that moves the throttle from 0-100-0.

What I have down so far is I have a 2 position switch that gives me trim up and down. This works great.

I have tried to set up a sequence which I can do but when I assign it to throttle channel my throttle stick no longer works. I wanting to have the sequence triggered by the momentary switch. The sequence should only run when the 2 position switch is in trim up or on position.

What am I missing. I have tried logical switches and can manage to have the 2 position switch inhibit the momentary if not in correct position. The only thing I can’t get me head around is how to have the sequence control the throttle channel using the momentary switch just to run sequence then return control back to throttle stick.

I starting to go grey and the grey matter upstairs is also a bit slow.

Let me know any thoughts.

Thanks Pierre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Haven't thought this through much so may not work but I'd try something like this.

1) Use PushButton to Trigger sequencer Q1. DON'T assign throttle to over ride channel in Q1 or nothing but the sequencer will be able to control the throttle channel.
L1 = TrimUp AND Q1
L2 = L1 OR P4

Change function assignment for Throttle to L2 instead of P4. You need to set the logical switches to LIN (proportional) in the appropriate places.
May 23, 2020, 01:04 AM
Hi,

given this a go but cant seem to get it to cycle the throttle. Ive tried all combinations and it shows the L1 cycle with the Q1 sequence but I cant seem to get the L1L2 to work so that the sequence runs on the throttle.

There must be something stupid im not seeing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
May 23, 2020, 01:33 AM
Pierre, I have just got to ask why are you going to all this bother simply to avoid moving the throttle stick up and down?
May 23, 2020, 01:57 AM
Just something iíve been playing with and trying to get to work for some time. I am currently using the normal method with trim up-down set to a switch rather than the digital trims and then throttle up down to start. I was just thinking it would be nice to have trim on switch then followed by a button to run the throttle up and down.

It one of those things that been challenging my brain and I just cant get it to work.

May 23, 2020, 01:59 AM

Official: Jeti 12/14/16/24 2.4GHz/900MHz Radios, Telemetry & Device Integration

I was the one posting the stuck buttons issue on f-book (why am i not alllowed to write that word over here??) Turns out many more do have the issue. Transmitter was only out there for a few days (freshly released in europe) and the first hot summer day came.. so the issue emerged :-)

Pretty serious. Pushed the right aileron trim button, it pressed... and it was stuck.. can you imagine what happens? Not cool

My dealer has recalled all the carbonline ds12 for a fix at the factory. So everything will be perfect after that. Off course i could have fixed the issue myself but a brand new transmitter should be perfect donít you think? Glad Jeti didínt told me to fix it myself as FrSky did to me once.. Jeti will fix it, even compensates the trouble with free sw options.

So still a happy customer here. Sh*t happens, itís how you solve it what makes a great company.

I donít know if there is already a DS-12 Carbonline shipment to the US. But if not, iím sure the issue will be fixed before they ship to you guys in the US.
Last edited by Japie.G; May 23, 2020 at 03:50 AM.
May 23, 2020, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierredliica
Hi,

given this a go but cant seem to get it to cycle the throttle. Ive tried all combinations and it shows the L1 cycle with the Q1 sequence but I cant seem to get the L1L2 to work so that the sequence runs on the throttle.

There must be something stupid im not seeing.

Well, I just tried it and it works fine. I'll try to provide a bit more detail and hopefully that will get you going.

Sequencer setup:
Q1 Add point @ 0 seconds and set it to -100%
Assign momentary switch Ii used Sf) to Q1 and while active position is selected add point @ 0 seconds set to -100%. At whatever time you want to use for your start sequence add a point and set it to 100%. Add another point .1 second past the previous point and set it to -100%
In advanced don't set override channel and select asymmetrical.

L1 = Se AND Q1 (LIN) I used Se as my turbine trim switch so Se is "checked" in run / trim up position, Q1 was assigned as proportional.
L2 = L1 (LIN) OR L2 (LIN)

Throttle channel sits @ -100% and when I flip Sf it increases to 100% and then goes back to -100%. From this point on it follows the throttle stick.

Wayne
Last edited by wfield0455; May 23, 2020 at 06:35 AM.
May 23, 2020, 09:49 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japie.G
I was the one posting the stuck buttons issue on f-book (why am i not alllowed to write that word over here??) Turns out many more do have the issue. Transmitter was only out there for a few days (freshly released in europe) and the first hot summer day came.. so the issue emerged :-)

I donít know if there is already a DS-12 Carbonline shipment to the US. But if not, iím sure the issue will be fixed before they ship to you guys in the US.
Dammmm Climate Change, radios we have featured on our video have trim buttons fine. Sometimes is better to be 2nd in production. Our Gray and Black Jeti DS-12 radios are just being produced.

Zb/Esprit

Introducing New Special Edition Jeti DS-12 2.4GHz/900MHz Carbon Gray & Black Diamond Radio Systems (1 min 11 sec)
May 23, 2020, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Dammmm Climate Change, radios we have featured on our video have trim buttons fine. Sometimes is better to be 2nd in production. Our Gray and Black Jeti DS-12 radios are just being produced.

Zb/Esprit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uCVzpFU7ng
Got mine pre-ordered 👍🏻

MLT
May 23, 2020, 12:55 PM

Jeti - Assist, auto switching from heading mode to normal mode

I just watched Harry C's video on YouTube where he explains how to use auto switching to go from heading hold to normal rate damping mode. He does an excellent job of explaining why you might want to do this, how to do it, and warns of the pitfalls. The idea is one I have suggested to Jeti in the past. You only want to be in heading hold when you are not maneuvering. That means when you have the control sticks at neutral. Ideally you would like to have this on a per axis basis, for example, when doing a loop you pull on the elevator stick and the pitch axis goes into rate mode but the roll and yaw axes stay in hold mode throughout the loop. Harry's system does the next best thing, namely switching all axes to rate damping until all three sticks are back to neutral.

It is too bad that stabilization systems in RC models have been vilified by so many folks. If more folks played with them and thought about the possibilities they offer to make flying more fun, development would have progressed faster and we'd have even better flying models. Watch Harry's video.

Jim O
May 23, 2020, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLT67
Got mine pre-ordered 👍🏻

MLT
Same here!
May 23, 2020, 02:40 PM
Watts Up
Assist receiver question, noticing that the unit itself runs a fair bit warmer, standard receivers on the bench seam to be just over ambient but this assist 12ch I am setting up is running at 103F, is this normal for the Assist?
May 23, 2020, 02:57 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Tracker
Assist receiver question, noticing that the unit itself runs a fair bit warmer, standard receivers on the bench seam to be just over ambient but this assist 12ch I am setting up is running at 103F, is this normal for the Assist?
R9 draws 30mA average
R10REX / Assist draws 75mA average
This is from the published specs on the Jeti CZ website

What is your input voltage to the Rx?
May 23, 2020, 04:23 PM
Watts Up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
R9 draws 30mA average
R10REX / Assist draws 75mA average
This is from the published specs on the Jeti CZ website

What is your input voltage to the Rx?