Oct 06, 2019, 12:35 PM
In search of speed......
Quote:
Originally Posted by causeitflys
Retract servos and electric retracts are two different things.
I see your talking a mechanical retract ok....
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2019, 05:47 AM
Since there are conflicting answers to my question about powering a REX Rx through the Ext socket, I asked Jeti and got a very quick reply -
[email protected]> wrote:
Dear Sir,

you can use EXT connector as power supply.
Oct 07, 2019, 09:02 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryC
Since there are conflicting answers to my question about powering a REX Rx through the Ext socket, I asked Jeti and got a very quick reply -
[email protected]> wrote:
Dear Sir,

you can use EXT connector as power supply.
For additional receiver yes.
No for additional receiver with connected servos.

Zb/Esprit
Oct 07, 2019, 10:56 AM
Something may be being lost in translation across the Atlantic here: my understanding is that Harry wants to use the EXT socket for power in, not to draw power from it for a second receiver. I’ve never done this but, if the ext socket is on the end of a bank of servo sockets, I’d expect it to be okay. However, if the ext socket is at the opposite end from all the servo sockets then I’d be a bit more concerned about all the servo current traversing the PCB in the receiver.
Oct 07, 2019, 12:27 PM
Which one is aileron again?
Are the power and ground pins inside a receiver not all on a bus bar?
Oct 07, 2019, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
For additional receiver yes.
No for additional receiver with connected servos.

Zb/Esprit
Who said anything about additional receivers? You keep answering a different, (wrong) question to the one I asked.
Oct 07, 2019, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhorn
I would like to run one 12 channel assist rx for all control surface servos and a seperate 5channel rx for my retract servos. Both rx's would have their own power and own switches. I thought about taking it one step further and adding a seperate satelite rx with the 12channel asssit. Would this work?
Yes it will work without any problems.
The 5 channel receiver for the retracts only should be setup as a clone receiver (no telemetric can be used from this servo).
First bind this one and via the jetibox setting it to clone mode.
After that bind the 12 channel assist and the satellite receiver in double path modus.
For the 12 channel assist and the satellite receiver it is best you use the Ex port to connect them.

Have fun.
Oct 07, 2019, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-PPG
Yes it will work without any problems.
The 5 channel receiver for the retracts only should be setup as a clone receiver (no telemetric can be used from this servo).
First bind this one and via the jetibox setting it to clone mode.
After that bind the 12 channel assist and the satellite receiver in double path modus.
For the 12 channel assist and the satellite receiver it is best you use the Ex port to connect them.

Have fun.
Thank you!
Oct 09, 2019, 11:03 AM
Thread OP
Just short note regarding FCC certification of Jeti DS-12 Radios. Looks like we are in final week of testing and hopefully (fingers crossed) next week we can announce successful finishing and passing all required tests. After that we immediately move to submitting all the results and getting FCC (USA) and IC (Canada) approvals.

Zb/Esprit

Oct 09, 2019, 03:27 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Just short note regarding FCC certification of Jeti DS-12 Radios. Looks like we are in final week of testing and hopefully (fingers crossed) next week we can announce successful finishing and passing all required tests. After that we immediately move to submitting all the results and getting FCC (USA) and IC (Canada) approvals.

Zb/Esprit

Sounds like a nice early XMAS present !
Fingers crossed all goes well
Oct 09, 2019, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
Sounds like a nice early XMAS present !
Fingers crossed all goes well
I am hoping for Halloween .. but I could get by with a DS-12 as a Black Friday purchase.
Oct 10, 2019, 08:43 AM
Thread OP

Jeti Programming Guide: Comprehensive Sailplane (14 min 13 sec)
Oct 10, 2019, 11:01 PM

Jeti MSW Extension

In case you haven‘t seen it yet

https://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/Ra...001669&p=10302

DUPLEX 2.4EX MSW expansion module for DC/DS transmitters
Product description and features
The DUPLEX 2.4EX MSW expansion module allows the connection of up to six other buttons/switches, such as stick switches. This expansion module is designed for all JETI Duplex DC / DS transmitters.
Up to six connection options for additional switches. push buttons or potentiometers.
The MSW expansion module is installed directly on the motherboard and its output is connected to the internal PPM connector.
In the transmitter configuration, the internal PPM port on e. g. Program PPM8, it must not be in the off position (Main menu / System / Configuration / PPM config. Settings).
suitable for DS-12, DS / DC-14, DS / DC-16 and DS / DC-24 (DS/DC-14 to 24 only needed if more than two additional switches are mounted).
Oct 11, 2019, 08:18 AM
KD2PBU - Fly No Evil
I came across an academic paper recently that added WiFi to a Dx-24 transmitter. Did this module ever become a thing?
Oct 11, 2019, 09:18 AM
Grow old disgracefully!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbitton
I came across an academic paper recently that added WiFi to a Dx-24 transmitter. Did this module ever become a thing?
Since the academic paper (a student's thesis) is only dated this year I think it is too early to see anything coming to production yet, but it certainly makes interesting reading. Thanks for pointing it out.

Dick

Quick Reply