Sep 18, 2019, 12:56 AM
Forbidden to have url here :)

Official: Jeti 12/14/16/24 2.4GHz/900MHz Radios, Telemetry & Device Integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
I should have known that you were ahead on this as usual

Did Jeti share any information on availability and price?

IMHO, this is a must have.

Damn, I forgot about the price! Preliminary price is told to be around 60€, might change. Availability is ”production ready” so I would imagine quite soon.

And yes, I really like the nifty little feature of battery-logging with this
Latest blog entry: www.rc-thoughts.com
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_l
Hi,

Is there a way to adjust a flight mode without activating that flight mode?

Example,

I have an electric heli with 4 flight modes

1) auto - motor off
2) hover
3) idle up 1
4) idle up 2

I'm flying and decide I want to raise the minimum rotor speed ( throttle curve ) for the hover mode. I land, set the mode to auto to stop the motor. I can't find a way to adjust the throttle curve for the hover mode without being in it. I don't want my attention on the radio while the heli is there spinning. The only way I have right now to do it is to unplug the heli.

Is there a way?

Thanks

Joel
Why not just add a throttle cut switch.
Use the throttle cut function found in the menu at
advanced properties - other model options - throttle cut

Land, use throttle cut, change to any mode to safely make tuning changes.
Sep 18, 2019, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenjw
Why not just add a throttle cut switch.

+1 This is what I do too
Sep 18, 2019, 10:49 AM
I think he is referring to the older function seen on other brands of tx

The other radios used to have 2 knobs either side of the aerial, these could be used to trim the hover pitch and the hover throttle position on the fly. You got into hover and if you required to adjust pitch or throttle you used these knobs till you were happy.

So I guess the question is can you adjust the centre point of the throttle or pitch curve from a knob on a Jeti.
I believe this is possible on other functions but I don’t know if it possible on the throttle or pitch curves.
Sep 18, 2019, 02:54 PM
SHADYBOY
Thanks for posting the pic's of the antenna. ZB. Sorry, I'm still confused on how that would work on an all carbon sailplane. I would have cut a slot in the fuse and then let them dangle in the breeze?

Thanks,

Mike
Sep 18, 2019, 08:32 PM
I will look at both these ideas. Seems like they should work.

Thanks

Joel

EDIT: I just looked through the manual, looks like throttle lock will work just fine.

Thanks again!

Quote:
Joel,

I believe you can activate the factory installed throttle lock via one of the F keys (F1)and then go into any mode you want to make adjustments. When correct F key is activated, you will see a symbol representing a padlock on screen.

Details are in manual.

John
--------------------------
why not just add a throttle cut switch.

Last edited by joel_l; Sep 18, 2019 at 08:44 PM.
Sep 19, 2019, 11:22 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseberry
Thanks for posting the pic's of the antenna. ZB. Sorry, I'm still confused on how that would work on an all carbon sailplane. I would have cut a slot in the fuse and then let them dangle in the breeze?

Thanks,

Mike
We have placed them on the bottom of the wing, or flat on the side of the fuselage.
Best results we got was to place them facing out, flat inside of the fiberglass fuselage facing 30 degree down.

Zb/Esprit
Sep 19, 2019, 12:13 PM
SHADYBOY
ZB,

Fiberglass I get. But laying on naked carbon I can't see working. I hope I'm wrong.

BR,

Mike
Sep 19, 2019, 03:07 PM
Quote:
ZB,

Fiberglass I get. But laying on naked carbon I can't see working. I hope I'm wrong.

BR,

Mike
Move them to the outside the same as you do the regular antennas
Sep 19, 2019, 04:24 PM
SHADYBOY
Of course outside but your going to have to cut a pretty big slot to get it out. Then were you going to mount it that isn't shadowed by carbon. Remember this is an all carbon F5J sailplane.
Sep 19, 2019, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Of course outside but your going to have to cut a pretty big slot to get it out. Then were you going to mount it that isn't shadowed by carbon. Remember this is an all carbon F5J sailplane.
Gotta ask this ... why the need for 900 on an F5J? The JETI range on 2.4 should be sufficient I would think.
Sep 19, 2019, 11:13 PM
SHADYBOY
Lufo,
I will give you my honest first hand experience. The RF link is not up to the task in noisy urban enviorments. If you flew at resonable like most power planes at club fields distances I’m sure there wouldn’t be any issues. Unfortunately for Saiplanes we fly at extreme distance.

I love jeti programming so the hope is the 900mhz will improve the rf in urban environments.
Sep 20, 2019, 04:54 AM
Bo Edstrom, Sweden
roseberry,
The 900 MHz radio link in Jeti radios is only a backup link in case the ordinary 2.4 GHz link is lost. And the 900 MHz link can have slower response also and is not meant to be used instead of the ordinary 2.4 Ghz link in normal operation, it is just a backup link so You can take You safe down on the ground. At least this is the case with Jeti 900 MHz link. You can not use only the 900 MHz link when You start, You must have a valid 2.4 GHz connection first.
All this is mentioned in the video below.

There is another radio manufacturer (in Germany) and they claim in user manual that this new radio has a range of at least 9 km on 2.4 Ghz (this radio has not 900 MHz backup link, but it has dual independent 2.4 GHz links). How well it will cope with noisy urban enviorments I do not know.

/Bo

A Closer Look: Jeti 2.4GHz and 900MHz Dual Band Redundancy (R3 REX 900MHz) (4 min 59 sec)
Sep 20, 2019, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossee
roseberry,

There is another radio manufacturer (in Germany) and they claim in user manual that this new radio has a range of at least 9 km on 2.4 Ghz (this radio has not 900 MHz backup link, but it has dual independent 2.4 GHz links). How well it will cope with noisy urban enviorments I do not know.

/Bo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsE7vqcrs3c
I am pretty intrigued by this statement also as output power is limited to European standards and consequently equal for all manufacturers.
As spectral physics remain the same (2.4 is 2.4) I do not grasp how they can backup that statement.
I know one of their test pilots who tried to explain (polarization of Tx antennas) but that would imply other directional limitations that we do not want. I guess one of the R&D guys would have to explain in depth to better understand how they do that ( just marketing blabla?)

This Jeti 900 Mhz backup is a nice thing but I never heard of somebody who actually had range issues – and thus the need – for it.
I also wonder why other maufacturers do not seem to follow that route - cost, certification...?

Carbon is a RF killer, you should stay away from that at least the radius of a virtual tennis ball, not always possible in the carbon/kevlar airframe used in F5, jet airframes etc…
Sep 20, 2019, 06:57 AM
Bo Edstrom, Sweden
awibr,
Just a short note about the other long range 2.4 GHz radio (the German manufacturer):
They actually performed a ground test and got 9 km range (basically on the ground). They still had high LQI (Link Quality Indicator) values on both TX (96-98%) and RX (85-87%).
The 9 km range test they performed is described briefly on the german manufacturer f-book page, search on "Feintuning am HF-Teil".
One photo show a map with range they achieved.

They have in their D-series receivers two independent redundant receiver circuits , both listening all time.
I suppose also the receiver sensitivity and design has something to do how long range a radio can have on 2.4 GHz.
And this manufacturer claim for the modulation "We use another modulation type", not sure what they mean, maybe something special about the spread spectrum, and that has probably something to do with how long range they can get.

It seems the long range claim, 9 km, is true. How well this radio can cope in very "noisy" 2.4 GHz environment is hard to tell but they have flown the new radio at Joe Nall crowed air so for what it is worth...

Now back to Jeti subject as this thread is about that.
/Bo
Last edited by bossee; Sep 20, 2019 at 07:05 AM.

Quick Reply