Sep 06, 2019, 03:19 AM
Just on the screen protectors - you can now get "Brotect" screen protectors fairly cheaply from Protectionfilms24. When I got my DS12 they weren't available, but about 24 hours after enquiring with them, they had produced the design and made it available from their website. TeroS has some info on them on his site.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2019, 07:11 AM
I've made a couple of updates this morning to my sequence announcer app, adding some better default behaviour on first load, some more error handling, and an application status / error notice in the main interface page.

It's uploaded as version 1.6 at the link below:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...85?usp=sharing

To install the app just extract the zip file, and all subfolders into the /Apps folder on your radio. You should end up with a LUA file and a folder in there:
\Apps\MYX-Seq.lua
\Apps\MYX-Seq\

The \Apps\MYX-Seq\ folder is where you add any *.jsn settings files for your own audio lists. Audio files for each list go in a subfolder here, and the subfolder must have the exact same name as the *.jsn file.

The *.jsn files are plain text, and I include two examples with the app. Just open either one of these and either copy it, or modify it to create your own settings file.
Sep 09, 2019, 10:28 AM
KD2PBU - Fly No Evil
Does Esprit sell these straps featured in today's marketing email?

Name: Soft_Shell_Tx_Cases__This_is_How_We_Do_It_Secraft_Bling__Anti-Spark_In_Action__Prelude_REF_2_5_E.png
Views: 81
Size: 592.0 KB
Description:
Sep 09, 2019, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbitton
Does Esprit sell these straps featured in today's marketing email?

Attachment 12531027
There you go:

http://www.espritmodel.com/battery-t...x50mm-39g.aspx

Personally I would not trust them as the eyelet can go loose after a time, I prefer velcro strap.
Sep 09, 2019, 11:12 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
There you go:

http://www.espritmodel.com/battery-t...x50mm-39g.aspx

Personally I would not trust them as the eyelet can go loose after a time, I prefer velcro strap.
Using them all the time, they hold just fine. Biggest packs I have them on are 6S 4000mAh

Zb/Esprit
Sep 09, 2019, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Using them all the time, they hold just fine. Biggest packs I have them on are 6S 4000mAh

Zb/Esprit
Good to know,

I have the trays and love the convenience both to install and hold straps but I substituted the strap with velcro straps call me chicken, just a choice.
Sep 09, 2019, 11:57 AM
I have gear jacks from Random Heli that use a similar system to hold my 40lb+ plane in my trailer. (https://www.randomheli.com/GJ-SSA-HE...-ssa-heads.htm) I expect the battery will hold fine.
Sep 09, 2019, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobigdave
I have gear jacks from Random Heli that use a similar system to hold my 40lb+ plane in my trailer. (https://www.randomheli.com/GJ-SSA-HE...-ssa-heads.htm) I expect the battery will hold fine.
So do I and if you noticed it is not quite the same system, round hole which I trust better for longevity vs slots which I believe more prone to tears but I could be wrong.

I don’t want to belabor the point, velcro is my choice and it seems all other choices are just as well from what you have been telling me.

Choice is great.
Sep 09, 2019, 03:47 PM
Good point on the slots. I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Like you, I would be concerned with tears.
Sep 09, 2019, 07:17 PM
Makin' future-scrap
I may try them. I always drop my straps in the fuselage and my fingers are too fat to dig them out.
Ejecting batteries is always a good show. 1st time (only time) I did it was pulling an outside with a thermal sailplane. The thing did about ten loops before hitting the ground.
Sep 10, 2019, 12:40 PM
KD2PBU - Fly No Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model

Zb/Esprit
Does Seacraft provide dimensions for those holes in the plate?
Sep 12, 2019, 08:17 AM

New kid on the block

a bit off topic, but i played a bit with this one yesterday:

i am a very satisfied DS-16 user for 4 years now (after decades of futaba), but I try to keep up with what happens in the market.

An extremely impressive system, solid feel, top build quality and truly excellent ergonomics -> a bit of a downside with the DS-16 but improved with the DS-24 and certainly with the DS12.
Price setting is a bit of a mystery to be honest. OK, I understand flagship product blabla but close to 3K, seriously...?

Very interesting to see what is happening in the top end these days. Powerbox core is the most impressive but still early days.

p.s: had a go at the DS-12 also - this is a winner to my opinion at a very interesting price.
About time that Jeti is targeting the mid segment
Sep 12, 2019, 08:34 AM
In search of speed......
Super happy with my 24 no changing for me....
Sep 12, 2019, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansy
Super happy with my 24 no changing for me....
Ditto

Quick Reply