Aug 14, 2019, 02:37 AM
Forbidden to have url here :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx
Sure, it's still a rough early version, if memory allows in the radio I'm planning to extend it to allow multiple sequences, and the ability to select them individually for any model.

But the code, including directory structure and audio files for v1.1 can be downloaded here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U-...ROWUulGlizyFtK
There's some nice coding there, great job!

It's sort of funny how it seems that pretty much all lua-apps for Jeti have the exact same code-structure as my little apps, makes me a bit proud too
Latest blog entry: www.rc-thoughts.com
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2019, 03:45 AM
Hahaha, oh yeah, I know you put the effort into doing these properly, so I used your structure as the basis to build from :-D

One set of Tero's apps, the Jeti LUA guide and examples, and it's very easy to knock up a good looking, functional app in no time.

Although the press/double-press/long press logic took far more effort than I expected to get it clean and effective.
Aug 14, 2019, 07:24 AM
Grow old disgracefully!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuttero
I have a question about logical switches. i'm using an assist receiver and i want to set a switch that will lock me out of using the roll and pitch tuning sliders unless i have the switch on.
Has anyone done this before?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfield0455

If you simply want to lock the knobs to their current value, that is another whole can of worms. I think a LUA app would be the easiest way to get that function..
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuttero
thank you for the reply, ill try the mix, but you are right, i simply want to lock the knobs to their current value.
I have never tried logical switches for this, but as Wayne suggests, a Lua app works great.

I found the attached Lua app on a German forum and translated the German language display bits into English for my own benefit, and have been using it in my DC16 for over a year without any problems. You use a single knob to adjust any of the 3 gains selected by a 3 pos. switch, and the gains are locked until you want to change them again. The basic description and setting up notes are as follows.

# 3 Axis Gyro Adjust - Suitable for DC/DS 14/16/24
Allows adjustment of all 3 gyro axes in a REXnnA receiver by means of one 2 position switch, one 3 position switch, and one pot.
NOTE Memory limitations in the DS/DC 14/16 mean that Lua does not function while using Device Explorer. Therefore physical controls will be needed for the adjustment channels while setting up the channels in the receiver via Device Explorer. Once the channels are set up in the receiver the control functions in the transmitter can be returned to this Lua.

The attached .zip contains the original Lua so you can play with it if you want to, plus the compiled .lc for loading onto the Tx. It works fine for me, and I will try to answer any questions you have, but I am no Lua expert!

Dick
Aug 14, 2019, 01:51 PM
Thread OP
The JetiBox features a readout screen for monitoring live telemetry from your Elite, Spin Pro, and Mezon electronic speed controllers (ESCs) during bench testing and setup, as well as viewing stored data after a flight. Also allows you to custom program ESCs, as well as Jeti Duplex Sensors.

When used by itself, the JetiBox is also a powerful testing tool, measuring receiver channel output pulse widths, servo transfer speed, either unloaded or in actual use in the aircraft.

The JetiBox is also a servo pulse generator (Servo Tester), allowing you to center your servos without receiver and transmitter, as well as cycling your servos from 10 to 990 cycles.

Product Testing: Live Telemetry Data Stream Using Jeti Spin Pro/Mezon & Elite ESCs (1 min 15 sec)
Aug 14, 2019, 09:36 PM
learning to crash Heli's

transferring models

Ive moved a few models over from my 16 to my new 12 in the last couple of weeks successfully and thought I would write up how it worked for me as I guess a few others will be doing this as they get their new DS-12 radios.

To move the files I just copied the jsn files for the models I wanted from the model directory on the 16 to the 12 using a PC and windows explorer.

With files coming from a DS-16 (that is unlocked) it does stop you from opening a copied model if there are features used with it that havent been unlocked on the DS-12.

On first startup of the new model it detects where switches or knobs are different and brings up a screen with the mapping of controls to functions, including listing what the functions are on the old setup and lets you remap the functions to the correct controls on the new Tx.

But there is one big gotcha! It doesnt check the direction of the switches....I found on my 2 Txs the switch I use for Throttle cut/safety switch and my Throttle hold switches are mounted in reverse so you need to go in and reverse the activation switch for every function that these control. It is easy to miss some depending on the switch. E.g. my TH switch controls both the flight mode and my standard count up timer, so I need to go into both the Flight modes and the timer screens to reverse the switch.

The same for my Cut switch which I also use to enable my telemetry alarms, so I had to go into every alarm I have configured and reverse the switch there as well as the throttle cut screen.

Another thing you must go and manually fix is the startup condition for the switches on the new Tx, as these dont get changed over when you reassign the controls to functions.

Overall it worked very well to move the models, I can move a model over in less than 10 minutes now that I know how to do it, but be aware of all of the above and make sure you check everything before you connect to a model, as some of the safety and security setting you have built into you setups may have been negated or reversed.....My models are all heli's and don't use many advanced functions like LUA, Logic switches and lots of mixes so your setup might encounter other issues.

//Dennis.
Aug 15, 2019, 09:22 AM
Thread OP
Yes that's correct with Jeti DS-12 you have to assign switches manually. If anybody changes type of the switch he/she/it has to go to the system and change it under Stick/Switch setting.

Zb/Esprit
Aug 15, 2019, 04:39 PM
Sequence Announcer v1.5 is ready. If anybody finds any bugs or issues, please let me know. You can now store multiple sequences of audio prompts on your transmitter, allowing you to create custom lists or reminders for any model.

If you're practicing for a test, or want to compete in any competition, it's a great way to record a flight sequence and have your transmitter remind you of it while you're flying.

Name: MYX-Seq v1.5.png
Views: 0
Size: 7.5 KB
Description:

Version 1.5 is available for download from the link below:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LP...5REfRyRSKd_Mvh

Current features:
  • Plays a list of audio files, configured in JSON files
  • Controlled by a single switch or button (single press for play, long press to move to next, double press to go to previous, very long press to reset to start)
  • User assignable control button or switch
  • Able to select different audio lists in each model.
  • Able to remember position in sequence, or restart each time a model loads
  • Switch timings may be customised if needed
  • Includes two sample lists

The samples I've included are:
  1. A list of the flight maneuvers required for the UK BMFA Fixed Wing B test.
  2. My own list of RC Helicopter practice drills to keep my 3D skills up to date.

I can see me adapting the RCHN Pilot Proficiency Program to add to this too, I think it would be fun to have something like that built in to your radio.
Aug 16, 2019, 01:09 AM
Wren
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenswale
I am using a DC16, R9EX (from Esprit) and MVArio2. Information from the vario is visible via Device Explorer, but I cannot cause the vario data to work on home screen, audio or voice.

The reciever is new, and was set up for dual path in this, its first, model. It was returned to normal as the additional antennas were really not necessary. I then installed the vario using the Ext connection only.

All devices have the latest updates, and the transmitter configuration for vario is a carry over from other models. It would appear that the issue resides in the transmitter. I have tried all approaches to get the vario info working using Ex Bus, to no avail. When I found System/Configuration/PPM Con.Settings and reset that to EX Data Stream, I figured I had it. Didn't work!!!!

The changes from my previous set-ups is the US version receiver, and removal of dual path.

Any ideas??
Thanks for the many suggestions to fix this issue.

I spent many hours making a new model and rewriting the program, everything worked correctly. Then, one day later I received a response from Jeti to an email that I had sent them. The response made the fix easy! Info follows:

Transmitter (Tx) on, receiver off. Set double path mode, enable pairing primary and secondary modules, ok and exit. This clears the ID numbers from the Tx memory. Set mode to default, turn off the Tx.

Tx on, check numbers gone in Menu/System/info/TXP and TXS. Tx off.

Pair Tx with Rx, check Rx settings and select EX-bus. Delete any screen telemetry displays. (Re-install later.)Connect vario.

Go Menu/Timers-Sensors/Sensors & Logging Setup/Logging. Press Auto button, screen offers reset, Press Yes button. Wait (it may take a while!) until attached sensor (in this case the Vario) is displayed, press OK.

Set up the vario as required.

All done!!!!!

Thanks to Rotislav at Jeti for this info.
Aug 16, 2019, 12:12 PM

Copy parts of setup from one model to another

Hi,

I have a heli setup that I want to copy to other models. The basic setup of the other models is done and the helis all fly. I've spent time setting up flight modes and some logical switches to do things I want. I now want to copy those logical switch and flight mode setups to some of the other helis.

Is this doable from the TX or JETI studio?

I do not want to overwrite the helis basic setup.

Thanks

Joel
Aug 16, 2019, 12:23 PM
Makin' future-scrap
Hi all,
I have two Jeti Transmitters (14 & 24) I have not been successful in binding a RX that was originally bound to my DS24 to my DS14. I've tried updating the receiver and it still will not bind to the other radio. So far, if I want to move model to the other TX, I have to install a new RX.
Does anyone know how to do this?
If you are wondering why - the DS14 is lighter and I like to use it for slope models were I have to hike up the hill.
Aug 16, 2019, 12:31 PM
Not sure here, but changing the rx setting to ‘default’ might do it? How to is in the manual somewhere I think?
Aug 16, 2019, 01:10 PM
Device Explorer - Reset Factory Setting. Page 60 in my manual. Best of luck!
Aug 16, 2019, 02:32 PM
Grow old disgracefully!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12
Hi all,
I have two Jeti Transmitters (14 & 24) I have not been successful in binding a RX that was originally bound to my DS24 to my DS14. I've tried updating the receiver and it still will not bind to the other radio. So far, if I want to move model to the other TX, I have to install a new RX.
If you are wondering why - the DS14 is lighter and I like to use it for slope models were I have to hike up the hill.
Have you tried both the standard binding procedure and the alternative procedure using the pairing menu in the Tx?

So far I have found the standard binding procedure works fine when transferring Rx from one Tx to another.

My Rx usually stay bound when I update the firmware so I wouldn't expect that to work. Hope resetting to factory default helps.

Dick
Aug 16, 2019, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Hi all,
Hi,

it is simple. I do it very often. I never needed a factory reset. But the RX shouldn't be in clone mode.

Plug in a binding Plug to EXT in RX. Power the RX. Than Power the TX. The TX asks for confirmation. Yes. Done. You should do this at home. The TX should not be to close to the RX.

If this procedure doesn't work with different RX maybe the bind plug is faulty.

If it works usally exept with one RX - maybe the RX is defect.

Hope this helps

gecko
Aug 16, 2019, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Hi all,
I don't have a DS14 but I do have a DC24 and a DS16 and I move receivers between them all the time. All I do it put the bind plug back into the EXT port and power up the receiver then power up the transmitter set to the desired model memory and it binds. Even though the receiver will rebind to other model memories in the transmitter it was first bound to (wrong receiver do you really want to use it) you must put the bind plug back in to bind to a different transmitter. Also if you spend a bit of time screwing around before you power up the transmitter that's probably your problem as bind mode times out after something like 30-60s. After that it exits bind mode and you need to power cycle the receiver again (with bind plug installed) to get back into bind mode.

Quick Reply