Jul 11, 2019, 02:31 PM
Well, that's great news.....
Now I just have to figure out how
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2019, 03:02 PM
Forbidden to have url here :)
I just had to, you asked and I answered

A few logical switches with Stick in proportional, use the ”x>” and ”x<” functions.
Latest blog entry: www.rc-thoughts.com
Jul 11, 2019, 07:42 PM
Thanks Tero,
I'll take a crack at it........probably tomorrow, after tonight's martini........
Jul 11, 2019, 08:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmrankin
Hi Folks,
I can get a P4 center beep/vibration on my DC-24.
Is it possible to get a beep/vibration at any chosen P4 position?
Thanks Bob
Sound on Proportional Control, I use center beep on Flaps and Throttle.

Zb/Esprit
Jul 11, 2019, 10:32 PM
Thanks ZB,
I can use that for center, and low and hi beep/vibrate, but I don't seem to be able to get it anywhere else on P4.
Too late tonite to try Tero's logical switches. I'll attack it tomorrow.....
Jul 12, 2019, 10:15 AM
Logical switch it is
Thanks Tero
Jul 12, 2019, 12:56 PM
Jul 12, 2019, 02:13 PM

select function curve

Hi,

I have an electric airplane with retracts I'm setting up. It has separate servos for rudder and nose wheel. I have it programed so that the nose wheel servo centers when I retract the gear. Right now I'm doing this using a flight mode.

I'm wondering if there is a more direct way to select a function curve with a switch?

Thanks
Joel
Jul 12, 2019, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_l
Hi,

I have an electric airplane with retracts I'm setting up. It has separate servos for rudder and nose wheel. I have it programed so that the nose wheel servo centers when I retract the gear. Right now I'm doing this using a flight mode.

I'm wondering if there is a more direct way to select a function curve with a switch?

Thanks
Joel
I have a mix of rudder to my steering and on the second page of that mix I have used the retract switch to activate that mix... Therefore when the gears are down the mix is active and the rudder (master) moves the steering (slave).. And when I retract my gears up that mix is deactivated so the rudder movement doesn't move the steering ...

To take it a step further the amount of Rudder to Steering mix is flight mode dependent so during take off flight mode the mix is lower than the regular flight and landing mode....

If you have a tight tolerance in the wheel well I would also suggest a delay for the mix to be activated upon extending the retracts so that there is no way to turn the wheel as it exit the plane.
Jul 12, 2019, 03:13 PM
That's another way, a mix. Interesting.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
I have a mix of rudder to my steering and on the second page of that mix I have used the retract switch to activate that mix... Therefore when the gears are down the mix is active and the rudder (master) moves the steering (slave).. And when I retract my gears up that mix is deactivated so the rudder movement doesn't move the steering ...

To take it a step further the amount of Rudder to Steering mix is flight mode dependent so during take off flight mode the mix is lower than the regular flight and landing mode....

If you have a tight tolerance in the wheel well I would also suggest a delay for the mix to be activated upon extending the retracts so that there is no way to turn the wheel as it exit the plane.
Jul 12, 2019, 03:15 PM

hand rests

I got my hand rests in today and installed. I like them, not as much bulk as a tray and do the job for me perfectly. Plus, they fit in the case.

Joel
Jul 12, 2019, 03:49 PM
Quote:
I got my hand rests in today and installed. I like them, not as much bulk as a tray and do the job for me perfectly. Plus, they fit in the case.

Joel
If you like bling the cross bar is a mus too
Jul 13, 2019, 11:25 AM
You know when you’re on the field having fun and then your transmitter tells you you’re having too much fun?

Jul 13, 2019, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
Joel
If you're using flight modes, any function curve can be set to be flight mode specific (change from G toS).

Anoither option is to use dual rates to control your steering. If you created a "Steering" function tied to your Rudder stick you can simply set the dual rates for "Steering" to 0 using the gear switch to select your rates. This automatically centers your servo and prevents any steering while the gear is retracted should this be something that would cause a problem.
Jul 13, 2019, 12:10 PM
I flew the model this morning, the flight mode setup is working fine, yes Single mode. Dual rates, that's another interesting solution!

Thanks
Joel

Quick Reply