Jun 25, 2019, 07:36 AM
Hi ZB,

Any word on that mServo telemetry sensor? Is it still coming mid july?
Can see use cases for it
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2019, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_l
Hi,

I have a low voltage alarm set up for a motor battery. I have it set to play a wave file and to repeat. Is there a way to set the repeat interval? Right now, it just runs on and on, I would like to have it repeat say, every 10 seconds or some other period. This is on a DC-24

Doable?

Thanks
Joel
Quote:
Originally Posted by miglosch
Hi Joel, make the wav file with speech + included 10 second of "empty" sound so the wav will not finish playing just after the talking but will also play the quiet 10 seconds. By this way you can make a pause between talking a long as you wish ;-) (as your voice making software allow you to do it)
Interesting solution but it might create a really large wave file. I use a double alarm (you can have more if you want plenty in a DC-24), one at lets say3000 mAh and one at 3500 mAh with no repeat in the voice. I use different sound but you can use the same.

Anyway when you know that your battery is getting empty, it becomes annoying, after a while, to have the Tx tell you none stop. It could also hide an other alarm.

I use to use none stop alarm too for that and I found it nerve racking and ruined my concentration as I was trying to land in a hurry. But that is me
Jun 25, 2019, 09:06 AM
Not Insane
Once again (on Helifreak) someone had the wrong .bin file in the transmitter (for Spirit FBL). Come on Jeti, give us some way to check versions on the fly, or give us a device explorer menu item that will check version compatibility between device & .bin file. Or give us a warning that files are incompatible. Jeti Studio doesn't always find the latest versions.

Dan
Jun 25, 2019, 01:59 PM
Seems like a reasonable firmware request, I'm actually quiet surprised something so simple is not there.

JETI, how about adding an adjustable repeat delay to alarms???

Originally Posted by miglosch
Hi Joel, make the wav file with speech + included 10 second of "empty" sound so the wav will not finish playing just after the talking but will also play the quiet 10 seconds. By this way you can make a pause between talking a long as you wish ;-) (as your voice making software allow you to do it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
Interesting solution but it might create a really large wave file. I use a double alarm (you can have more if you want plenty in a DC-24), one at lets say3000 mAh and one at 3500 mAh with no repeat in the voice. I use different sound but you can use the same.

Anyway when you know that your battery is getting empty, it becomes annoying, after a while, to have the Tx tell you none stop. It could also hide an other alarm.

I use to use none stop alarm too for that and I found it nerve racking and ruined my concentration as I was trying to land in a hurry. But that is me
Jun 25, 2019, 04:33 PM
RCG Admin
Getting ready for the F3K World Championships next month with my new DS12. This thing is so light and perfect for DLG’s!
Jun 25, 2019, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath
Once again (on Helifreak) someone had the wrong .bin file in the transmitter (for Spirit FBL). Come on Jeti, give us some way to check versions on the fly, or give us a device explorer menu item that will check version compatibility between device & .bin file. Or give us a warning that files are incompatible. Jeti Studio doesn't always find the latest versions.

Dan
Since the transmitter isn't even connected to the PC via the USB dongle when upgrading a device, they simply can't automatically copy the file for you.

Also, knowing the version doesn't do you any good. If you see the message saying "xxx.bin not found" then you know they don't match or are missing and you need to copy the proper xxx.bin file to the Devices folder on your transmitter. As long as the .bin file is included in the .zip file containing the update ( they have been for the devices I've updated) then that seems adequate to me. Also the readme file included should also say to copy xxx.bin to the Devices folder. Perhaps Jeti Studio could simply display the readme file containing the instruction before applying the upgrade. That would probably be easy enough for Jeti to do while making things easier for the users that aren't familiar with the upgrade process yet.. Still, I'm sure that wouldn't be enough to satisfy many of the users No matter how good the instructions provided are, they are worthless when users can't be bothered to read them, which is all too often the case.

While I'm all for making things as easy as possible, this just doesn't seem all that difficult considering all that hand wringing that has been associated with it.
Last edited by wfield0455; Jun 25, 2019 at 06:08 PM.
Jun 25, 2019, 09:27 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Getting ready for the F3K World Championships next month with my new DS12. This thing is so light and perfect for DLG’s!
Best of luck at the F3K Worlds.
Just remember not to turn on the radio and practice while still here in the USA, as that would be a clear violation of FCC regulations ... the white monitoring vans are everywhere ...
Jun 26, 2019, 07:52 AM
Not Insane
The .bin problem keeps coming up, so it seems it is indeed a problem. Newer Jeti people (and we want them to switch, right?) don't really understand the system yet and when weird things happen they don't know to suspect the .bin files.

If device explorer would always give a "xxx not found" warning that would probably be good enough (I believe that's the response when the .bin is missing), but device explorer can appear to be working when the wrong .bin version is installed, it will show values being adjusted, then not save those values, or have "missing" menues, etc. Studio can also be behind in .bin files versions, at least in the heli world where third party FBLs use integration.

The .bin has a version; the device firmware has a version, should be easy to make a menu item to check these for a match.

ZB, what say you? You have pull with Jeti.

Dan
Jun 26, 2019, 07:57 AM
Quote:
The .bin problem keeps coming up, so it seems it is indeed a problem. Newer Jeti people (and we want them to switch, right?) don't really understand the system yet and when weird things happen they don't know to suspect the .bin files.

If device explorer would always give a "xxx not found" warning that would probably be good enough (I believe that's the response when the .bin is missing), but device explorer can appear to be working when the wrong .bin version is installed, it will show values being adjusted, then not save those values, or have "missing" menues, etc. Studio can also be behind in .bin files versions, at least in the heli world where third party FBLs use integration.

The .bin has a version; the device firmware has a version, should be easy to make a menu item to check these for a match.

Dan
I have asked a bit earlier in this thread and ZB has forwarded the request. I guess we wait and see now

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=37277
Jun 26, 2019, 09:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:

Dan
It's not that, Jeti needs to get the "sh..." together and done everything at 100%
We told them many times, small mistake by they standards equals tons of problems and phone calls for us.

Like you said, there are many new people coming to Jeti and they simply do not know what just happened.

Zb/Esprit
Jun 27, 2019, 09:01 PM

Mezon Pro

Zb,

Is the Mezon Pro heli safe or not? I have a Pro 80 that I want to use in a 550 size 6S heli. I was all set to try this out and then read a lot of negative stories of Mezons popping on spool up. But all this seems to be with the old Mezons and not the pros. What is the story on pro? Should I save it for a fixed wing?

Thanks
Joel
Jun 28, 2019, 07:00 AM
Not Insane
I believe all those popped Mezons were on 12S, and surely Jeti wouldn't repeat the past with the Pros engineering. Probably too new to have a reliability database for helis yet. Log it when you use it, and check for any signs of trouble.

Dan
Jun 28, 2019, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_l
Zb,

Is the Mezon Pro heli safe or not? I have a Pro 80 that I want to use in a 550 size 6S heli. I was all set to try this out and then read a lot of negative stories of Mezons popping on spool up. But all this seems to be with the old Mezons and not the pros. What is the story on pro? Should I save it for a fixed wing?

Thanks
Joel
My two cents,
I'm a heli guy and I fly 3D and scale.
I only run Proven ESC's for helis. Jeti has yet to come out with a ESC that will standup to Heli use.

Save yourself a headache and do yourself a favor stick with CC, Hobbywing, Scorpion just to name a few that handle hard 3D and you will never have to worry about it in a Scale heli.
Jun 28, 2019, 07:45 AM
AMA13456
Quote:
I believe all those popped Mezons were on 12S, and surely Jeti wouldn't repeat the past with the Pros engineering. Probably too new to have a reliability database for helis yet. Log it when you use it, and check for any signs of trouble.

Dan
All of my popped Mezons were 90 L running 10s with peak current at 72 A. Anxious to try the new Mezon Pro 80 and 85 which I’m told is Spin 99 power design with Mezon telemetry. Hopefully more reliable.

Edit: sorry, just read the back story- mine were fixed wing.
Jun 28, 2019, 07:58 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old heli dog
My two cents,
I'm a heli guy and I fly 3D and scale.
I only run Proven ESC's for helis. Jeti has yet to come out with a ESC that will standup to Heli use.

Save yourself a headache and do yourself a favor stick with CC, Hobbywing, Scorpion just to name a few that handle hard 3D and you will never have to worry about it in a Scale heli.
I thought that Kontronik was the 'gold standard' for helicopter ESC builds?

Quick Reply