Jun 28, 2013, 02:28 AM
Ha, Ha, Ha,

I still survive without a mobile phone, because I do not NEED one.............
to remove ads between posts
Jun 28, 2013, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemilw07
Do any of you remember back in 1991, when the FCC narrow-band regulations came out?? Every radio before that date immediately became obsolete, and illegal to use.

We only had one Tx module, one Tx antenna, one Rx, and one Rx antenna.

And I never had a single crash due to radio failure (that I know of, at least)...........

Are we making things wayyyyy too complicated, nowadays????
I've seen plenty of RX failures and I saw a 40% edge fly off and plow into someone's house because of a TX failure. Saw no less than 5 losses of RF link last time I went to SEFF. Lets please not pretend that classic radio systems are flawless, lets not put our head in the sand like ostriches. Have have always and will always use 2 RXs in my 35% plus planes, and I know several folks that landed on one remaining RX. Are things more reliable now? Sure. Are they flawless? Far from it. All things man made will fail.

Please remember that a sample size of 1 is not statistically significant. Too many people out there don't wear helmets and seatbelts because "nothing ever happened to me."
Jun 28, 2013, 07:01 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Do any of you remember back in 1991, when the FCC narrow-band regulations came out?? Every radio before that date immediately became obsolete, and illegal to use.

We only had one Tx module, one Tx antenna, one Rx, and one Rx antenna.

And I never had a single crash due to radio failure (that I know of, at least)...........

Are we making things wayyyyy too complicated, nowadays????
Yes, although I've been flying on 53MHz since the early 70's, so most of the silliness that has gone on left me unaffected.

2.4GHz is a mess for a lot of reasons (not related to RC), but it is still as safe flying 2.4 as it was flying 72MHz, except you don't have to wait for the pin
Jun 28, 2013, 07:25 AM
Duplicate
Last edited by Sillyness; Jun 28, 2013 at 12:21 PM.
Jun 28, 2013, 11:53 AM
I was just wondering if RPM for a gas engine with an ignition could be monitored through the signal from the ignition in the same way an electric motor RPM is mesured.
The signal or what is monitored might be different but wouldn't it be more precise then light interuption by a propeller?
Jun 28, 2013, 12:16 PM
Build, Fly, Maintain, Repeat..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
I was just wondering if RPM for a gas engine with an ignition could be monitored through the signal from the ignition in the same way an electric motor RPM is mesured.
The signal or what is monitored might be different but wouldn't it be more precise then light interuption by a propeller?
You mean, like this?
Jun 28, 2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirored
You mean, like this?
What is it ? Give a link please
Jun 28, 2013, 01:20 PM
Professional idiot
Quote:
Yes. In fact the question was asked about a week ago. I quickly Googled it then and found a post on RCGroups on how to use the brushless motor rpm sensor to read the RPM signal from an ignition unit.
Jun 28, 2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms
Yes. In fact the question was asked about a week ago. I quickly Googled it then and found a post on RCGroups on how to use the brushless motor rpm sensor to read the RPM signal from an ignition unit.
Is it possible to use it with the Jeti telemetry ?
Jun 28, 2013, 01:31 PM
Professional idiot
Quote:
Is it possible to use it with the Jeti telemetry ?
Yes. It was the Jeti sensor.
Jun 28, 2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Yes. It was the Jeti sensor.
I guess your Google skills are better than mine
Jun 28, 2013, 03:21 PM
Professional idiot
Quote:
I guess your Google skills are better than mine
I tend to type very little when I'm using my phone as it is very slow and hard work. I just search for stuff as usually been asked before as was this.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1499121

Came top of my search when I answered this question previously.

I saw your post on helifreak. now added to my ignore list. I usually take quite a bit of time out to help Jeti users as I've learn quite a bit from others and trial and error.

I will stop wasting my time and leave you all to it.
Jun 28, 2013, 03:33 PM
Quote:
now added to my ignore list.
Please let it be true finally
Jun 28, 2013, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyness
I've seen plenty of RX failures and I saw a 40% edge fly off and plow into someone's house because of a TX failure. Saw no less than 5 losses of RF link last time I went to SEFF. Lets please not pretend that classic radio systems are flawless, lets not put our head in the sand like ostriches. Have have always and will always use 2 RXs in my 35% plus planes, and I know several folks that landed on one remaining RX. Are things more reliable now? Sure. Are they flawless? Far from it. All things man made will fail.

Please remember that a sample size of 1 is not statistically significant. Too many people out there don't wear helmets and seatbelts because "nothing ever happened to me."
Please excuse me for interjecting my own personal experiences here.

My Bad.............

BTW: Whenever I ride my motorcycle, I ALWAYS wear a helmet!!!!
Jun 28, 2013, 09:08 PM
Build, Fly, Maintain, Repeat..
Quote:
Please excuse me for interjecting my own personal experiences here.

My Bad.............

BTW: Whenever I ride my motorcycle, I ALWAYS wear a helmet!!!!
Aha, gives a nice bucket to collect the remains after the crash.....

Quick Reply