Oct 23, 2012, 03:36 AM
Supersonic Engineering
Obake - what hasn't been sufficiently explained here is how signal strength is interpreted by the system. AFAIK, the 'Low Signal' warning given by the transmitter is based on the level of signal strength being received BACK from the receiver, which gives the telemetry functions. This signal can be lost completely, yet you will still retain full control over the model. I take the 'Low Signal' warning as just that and will normally head the model back toward me on the rare occasions that I receive it. As Wildpalms has stated, the dbm figure is of no real consequence to most users and, here, has only served to confuse.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2012, 03:51 AM
From my working days, my marketing colleagues would often complain that we engineers sometimes tended to confuse the customer with facts. I can almost hear that conversation taking place in Jeti at this moment!

Of course the more damning criticism levelled at us, usually through gritted teeth, was that an engineer, when put under pressure, was inclined to tell the truth!
Oct 23, 2012, 01:15 PM
Thread OP

Signal Alarm

Simple said, the “Signal” alarm comes on after you loose telemetry downlink from receiver. Because the attenuation of the receiver downlink is higher, you loose data telemetry coming down but you still have control of the model. It’s kind of clever way of letting you know that you are getting to the edge of the range. I used R18 w/Satellite on my 6m/30 lbs. Scale Ventus 2cx, model was 400m/1300’ high and almost 500m/1650’ from me and the model was still fine, but I could not see anything. That was extreme, will not do it again.

Zb/Esprit Model

http://www.espritmodel.com/building-services-menu.aspx

Oct 23, 2012, 01:24 PM
Thread OP

Receivers

Ok, let’s make things more interesting.
We will have completely new line of Receivers for US market.
As they will get thru FCC we will post data.
But all of them are classified as FULL RANGE.

R5 receivers were developed as classic 5 channel receivers with auxiliary function to be used as addition to R18, R14, R11, R9. Sort of satellite receiver.

Plastic Case
R18, R14, R11, R9, R7

Heat Shrink Case
R6, R5

Heat Shrink /Short Antenna
R6i, R5i

Zb/Esprit Model

Jeti Duplex EX R18 2.4GHz Receiver w/Telemetry (US) Worldwide/FCC pending
Jeti Duplex EX R14 2.4GHz Receiver w/Telemetry (US) Worldwide/FCC pending
Jeti Duplex EX R11 EPC 2.4GHz Receiver w/Telemetry (US) Worldwide/US
Jeti Duplex EX R9 2.4GHz Receiver w/Telemetry (US) Worldwide/US
Jeti Duplex EX R7 2.4GHz Mini Receiver w/Telemetry (US) Worldwide/US
Jeti Duplex EX R6 2.4GHz Mini Receiver w/Telemetry (US) Worldwide/US
Jeti Duplex EX R6i 2.4GHz Mini Receiver w/Telemetry (US) Worldwide/US
Jeti Duplex EX R5 2.4GHz Mini Receiver w/Telemetry (US) Worldwide/FCC pending
Jeti Duplex EX R5i 2.4GHz Mini Receiver w/Telemetry (US) Worldwide/FCC pending
Last edited by Esprit Model; Oct 23, 2012 at 01:39 PM.
Oct 23, 2012, 04:42 PM
Thread OP

FCC Update DC-16, R11/9/7 & JetiBox Profi

We would like to announce major step towards FCC certification. As of October 24, 2012 we have finished all required tests and officially filed documentation for FCC certification of DC-16 transmitter, R11/9/7, R6/6i receivers and JetiBox Profi.

As of now we are expecting to be officially ready to start selling and fully supporting Jeti Duplex 2.4GHz products on the US market in next 7-14 days.

We would like to extend our gratitude to all customers who stayed with us and keep supporting us during these difficult times.

Esprit Model/Jeti USA Team

Oct 23, 2012, 06:55 PM
Lover of fast slope gliders!
Great news!

So, how far behind will the DS-16 be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
We would like to announce major step towards FCC certification. As of October 24, 2012 we have finished all required tests and officially filed documentation for FCC certification of DC-16 transmitter, R11/9/7, R6/6i receivers and JetiBox Profi.

As of now we are expecting to be officially ready to start selling and fully supporting Jeti Duplex 2.4GHz products on the US market in next 7-14 days.

We would like to extend our gratitude to all customers who stayed with us and keep supporting us during these difficult times.

Esprit Model/Jeti USA Team

Oct 23, 2012, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasairIII
Great news!

Same question!

Plus what "tray" attachments/accessories are available for DS-16?

Del
Oct 23, 2012, 10:49 PM
Lou
Lou
OK all, I took the leap of faith and had my LHS order the DC-16, a tray and other goodies today.
Last edited by Lou; Oct 24, 2012 at 10:35 PM.
Oct 24, 2012, 03:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by delperena
Next week we will have here final production piece. If FCC approves manufacturer will be ready start supplying us in December.

Zb/Esprit Model
Oct 24, 2012, 03:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by delperena
Same question!

Plus what "tray" attachments/accessories are available for DS-16?

Del
We do not know yet, next week we should know more.

Zb/Esprit Model
Oct 24, 2012, 03:39 PM
Just placed my order for a DC16, a couple RSATs, brackets, and a tray.

I was going to wait until next week hoping for a Halloween coupon might show up in my email but there was only 1 tray left in stock and I didn't want to let that disappear!
Oct 24, 2012, 04:39 PM
Lover of fast slope gliders!
Looks like christmas time shall be a good one this year

Quote:
Next week we will have here final production piece. If FCC approves manufacturer will be ready start supplying us in December.

Zb/Esprit Model
Oct 25, 2012, 01:38 AM
Official, updated user manual for JETI DC-16

http://www.jetimodel.com/data_downlo...08-2012-6a.pdf
Oct 26, 2012, 12:44 AM
hul
hul
Quote:
We will have completely new line of Receivers for US market.
new in what way? Are these compatible with a non-US TX?

Thanks, Hans
Oct 26, 2012, 10:17 AM
I've never flown a tray radio, and there are no tray radios being flown in my local clubs...but I'm very keen to make the switch, but I'd like to fondle and fingerprint one first.

I've only been flying by thumb for 35 years, so I'm concerned I'll hate it, even though I want to like it. I don't make changes to my Tx easily or often. I flew the same JR 10X for 20 years before buying the 11X. I looked at a lot of TX's before buying the 11X, and it was the feel and the ergonomics that made the sale.

Are there going to be any dealers, where I might handle one? Or are these only available from Esprit?

Quick Reply