Apr 25, 2013, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Tomorrow should be very busy day.
I'll buy you a beer when the hard working day is over..
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2013, 08:12 AM

Rsat2

Not the right place for this but if I run a Vbar on my heli's do I need any other receiver but the Rsat2 since the vbar is PPM?
Apr 25, 2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaizon
I have pretty much been able to do anything I want with the DC-16 but I have a question.

I have a throttle mode (full house glider) that operates in my three main modes, Cruise, Thermal and Speed. I would like to have it set up so that I cannot even turn it on (I use a momentary switch) if my mode switch (a three way) is in either Speed or Thermal, but only in Cruise.

Can someone give me an idea of how to do this? Thanks.

Preston
You can also use the logical switch menu and structure that switch to use an If>Then logical scheme.

This way the throttle mode can only be activated when your main flight mode 3-way switch is in the positions you want it active in.
Apr 25, 2013, 09:15 AM
ARF Addict
RSat2 will work if you are outside North America. Within North America you can use the PPM output from any of the FCC/IC certified receivers.

Danny
Apr 25, 2013, 09:26 AM
WINS - Winch In Nose Sailplane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba
You can also use the logical switch menu and structure that switch to use an If>Then logical scheme.

This way the throttle mode can only be activated when your main flight mode 3-way switch is in the positions you want it active in.
I would love to do that but Logical switches are one of the few things I have not been able to grasp. Any chance you could talk me through this example in detail. Thanks.

Preston
Apr 25, 2013, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaizon
I would love to do that but Logical switches are one of the few things I have not been able to grasp. Any chance you could talk me through this example in detail. Thanks.

Preston
The manual does a pretty good job of this but let's say this:

Switch A is your 3 position flight mode switch

Switch B is the 2 position spring loaded switch you want to enable your mode, but only in one position of Switch A

Move the two switches to a non-active postion. Go into Logical switches and create Logical Switch 1 (L1) and then move both switches to their desired active positions so the Jeti will recognize the desired switch positions in that "combination" mode.

The operator for L1 will be AND, as you want switch A in your desired position AND switch B held in the momentary position

Make sure L1 is active (showing the check box at the bottom) when both those conditions are met

Now go back to flight modes (assuming that's how you've built that throttle mode) and bind that particular throttle mode to Logical switch L1.

Now, that particular flight mode will only activate when the main flight mode switch SA is in one position and the momentary switch is depressed.

Personally, I think this this is a more elegant way of handling this than a mix.

You can also make the logical switches proportional or activate when one of the sticks or a proportional channel is in a certain position using greater than and less than conditions & modifiers. Lots of options!
Apr 25, 2013, 09:52 AM
WINS - Winch In Nose Sailplane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba
The manual does a pretty good job of this but let's say this:

Switch A is your 3 position flight mode switch

Switch B is the 2 position spring loaded switch you want to enable your mode, but only in one position of Switch A

Move the two switches to a non-active postion. Go into Logical switches and create Logical Switch 1 (L1) and then move both switches to their desired active positions so the Jeti will recognize the desired switch positions in that "combination" mode.

The operator for L1 will be AND, as you want switch A in your desired position AND switch B held in the momentary position

Make sure L1 is active (showing the check box at the bottom) when both those conditions are met

Now go back to flight modes (assuming that's how you've built that throttle mode) and bind that particular throttle mode to Logical switch L1.

Now, that particular flight mode will only activate when the main flight mode switch SA is in one position and the momentary switch is depressed.

Personally, I think this this is a more elegant way of handling this than a mix.

You can also make the logical switches proportional or activate when one of the sticks or a proportional channel is in a certain position using greater than and less than conditions & modifiers. Lots of options!

Thank you for the mini lesson. Much appreciated. I hope the principle will carry over (for me) with other applications of the Logical Switch.

Preston
Apr 25, 2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Rocket
RSat2 will work if you are outside North America. Within North America you can use the PPM output from any of the FCC/IC certified receivers.

Danny
Are there plans to certify the RSat2 in the North America? I thought as part of the DS-16 certification most of the Jeti recievers were getting certified as well?
Apr 25, 2013, 11:14 AM
Professional idiot
xxx
Apr 25, 2013, 11:21 AM
Professional idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDPG2
Are there plans to certify the RSat2 in the North America? I thought as part of the DS-16 certification most of the Jeti recievers were getting certified as well?
If you look back there were some posts about setting up PPM for the Vbar to eliminate errors.

You don't need the RSat. We need it here as no other PPM options. The little R5 with PPM out in US is the same small compact size and offers the single wire solution.
Apr 25, 2013, 12:39 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotto
I'll buy you a beer when the hard working day is over..
I think she wil like that. Is this one yours?

Zb/Esprit Model
Apr 25, 2013, 12:40 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDPG2
No need, every receiver has PPM out. We used R5 as substitution for Rsat2

Zb/Esprit Model
Apr 25, 2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
No need, every receiver has PPM out. We used R5 as substitution for Rsat2

Zb/Esprit Model
Cool , thank you!
Apr 25, 2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
I think she wil like that. Is this one yours?
YES, that's the one which is mine! How did you know??

Edit: got a very nice email now... your order is shipped! Iiiihaaaa!!
Last edited by jotto; Apr 25, 2013 at 03:38 PM.
Apr 25, 2013, 04:27 PM
Lover of fast slope gliders!
Same here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotto
YES, that's the one which is mine! How did you know??

Edit: got a very nice email now... your order is shipped! Iiiihaaaa!!

Quick Reply